Daemon Primarch Fulgrim (for Heresy)

39 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

And what makes you think it will?

Because the Emperor's Children are the last god aligned legion to receive a range... Thousand Sons, Death Guard and World Eaters all have. Thinking EC won't is madness. No idea when, but it WILL happen.

5 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Have we not got a Chaos faction Split off every edition since 7th?

7th gave us Thousand Sons

8th gave us Death Guard

9th gave us World Eaters

10th so far has hinted at nothing and HH gets Daemon Fulgrim.

Thousand sons came out at the end of 7th. World Eaters came out at the tell end of 9th and 10th JUST came out. Also, EC haven’t disappeared from modern 40k lore. The latest episode of Hammer and Bolter was over Lucius and Fabius Bile is about to be in another novel

41 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Easy. It won't be in their terrible resin and will be plastic for 40k.

I have to say modern FW resin kits I've had no issues with. Even the spears on the modern kits haven't been warped/ any mold slippage - back in the day I had 3 sets of phoenix spears before they got it right. However, I've been very impressed with the recent offerings.

4 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Thousand sons came out at the end of 7th. World Eaters came out at the tell end of 9th and 10th JUST came out. Also, EC haven’t disappeared from modern 40k lore. The latest episode of Hammer and Bolter was over Lucius and Fabius Bile is about to be in another novel

7th ended with TS and 8th began with DG
9th ended with WE.
See how the pattern was forming?
(Also Fabius quit the EC, didn't he. He doesn't count anymore)

1 minute ago, 01RTB01 said:

I have to say modern FW resin kits I've had no issues with. Even the spears on the modern kits haven't been warped/ any mold slippage - back in the day I had 3 sets of phoenix spears before they got it right. However, I've been very impressed with the recent offerings.

I think they must have got better at casting in general, because even old Krieg kits, and 24 year old ones like the Trojan have zero issues from my experience. 

23 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

I think they must have got better at casting in general, because even old Krieg kits, and 24 year old ones like the Trojan have zero issues from my experience. 

That's awesome to hear.

I understand some don't want to play with resin but I'm not having anyone dampen my excitement on this. I'm still "squeeeing" now.

24 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

7th ended with TS and 8th began with DG
9th ended with WE.
See how the pattern was forming?

Yeah Fabius left the EC and leads his own Creations of Bile subfaction. Visually the new Fabius model still has purple with gold trims of pre-Heresy EC colors instead of the pink with black trims of the post-heresy EC colors 

1 hour ago, Eternal Despair said:

Demon fulgrim looks fantastic. Hopefully this means they’ll go back and do resin versions of Demon Magnus, Mortarion and Angron. The plastic demon primarchs have ranged from disappointing to awful personally. 

Yeah, must be why they win model of the year when they come out...

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Attitudes like this is why Forge World exist in the first place.

So we don't have to dumb ourselves down to the popularity contest.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Its why he qualified his statement with his own subjective opinion with "[...] personally".

38 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Fabius' novel series does a lot of work to set up his return to the Emperor's Children. The core of the books is shifting him from his traditional Unmarked/Undivided self, into a Slaanesh character.

I have never been a fan of resin models, as I’ve said many times over the years, so I will be passing on the new Fulgrim right?  

Nope.  I will be jumping on this the moment it comes up for preorder. Why? two reasons:

a.  It is beautifully done and a joy to look upon, and

b.  I will not be waiting an eon for the (presumed) plastic 40K version.  Especially since I’m sceptical they can improve on this one.

You can all say “I told you so” when I start cursing about the build down the track :biggrin:

Edited by Felix Antipodes
Spelling

+Edit+ Whoops, didn't realize I hadn't gone past first page and others had already replied. Nevermind.

Fulgrim looks amazing. Never been an EC fan myself but damn does he look good.

Edited by KaosRaptor

2 hours ago, thesarge44 said:

A eventual 40K fulgrim model is screwed, theres no way the 40k version is going to hold up to this, this is picture perfect. I love it. 

If forgeworld are going through all the primarchs again with these ascended forms, i wonder what they'll do for the loyalists and the traitors that didn't ascend, just different poses/loadouts?

Probably.

I hope they also do these Diorama Style Duels where two Primarchs face each other again, just new combinations. (Ideally based on book scenes)

Russ with the Wolf Spear facing (the already existing model of) Ascended Horus? (Tho I presume his actual counterpart would be a model of Big E himself, someday)

Mortarion vs Khan

Vulkan vs Magnus

Dorn vs Alpharius

Lovely vindication to wake up to; as I've said more than a few times before, Simon Egan gave us a list of everything he was working on or planning to work on back in 2019 at the last Heresy event. It's nice to see another model out of that list.

Delightful looking model; I don't play EC, but I may have to pick him up.

Screenshot_20230831_062501_Discord.png

Some of the dragons they made for WHFB were pretty magnificent, but yeah, all in all this blows pretty much their whole catalogue out of the water, I think. It really capitalizes on the advantages of being made in resin, and unlike a lot of their other character models, the overall direction of the sculpt seems really cohesive.