Daemon Primarch Fulgrim (for Heresy)

3 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Have we not got a Chaos faction Split off every edition since 7th?

7th gave us Thousand Sons

8th gave us Death Guard

9th gave us World Eaters

10th so far has hinted at nothing and HH gets Daemon Fulgrim.

To be fair though, they didn't exactly kick off 9th Edition saying 'Yes, World Eaters in 2 1/2 years!" :whistling::sweat::wink::laugh:  I think the bigger shock would be if they DON'T do 40k EC by the end of 2026.

Anyway, this is an absolutely beautiful model - the sculptor(s) have truly knocked it out of the park with this :yes::thumbsup:

Great model. Happy to see it and if I ever do Emperors Children he'll be a must-buy. 

Even though they could be essentially the same thing I'd be more than happy to see other 30K Daemon-Primarchs.

Aside from this amazing looking model, I wonder if the choice to not use this model as 40k Fulgrim is to be found in something happening to the Primarch of the third legion in the actual 40k.  Some new lore we don't know yet?

Maybe is even more snek and more demon? It seems to me such a strange decision, cause this model will be perfect for 40k too.

Time will tell, I guess.

23 minutes ago, Alby the Slayer said:

Aside from this amazing looking model, I wonder if the choice to not use this model as 40k Fulgrim is to be found in something happening to the Primarch of the third legion in the actual 40k.  Some new lore we don't know yet?

Maybe is even more snek and more demon? It seems to me such a strange decision, cause this model will be perfect for 40k too.

Time will tell, I guess.

My bet : 40k Plastic EC are still in the development phase, but this Fulgrim model had been ready for some time, so they Forgeworlded/heresified it.

40k Plastic Fulgrim will be more monstrous and daemonic looking.

However, i don't see EC releasing during 10th, but more likely for 11th as the Launch-box antagonists.

As I mentioned on the previous page; this model was planned by Forge World (specifically Simon Egan, whose sole purview these days is sculpting the Primarch series and the occasional random side release, like the IF Praetors) as far back as 2019. He generally uses a mixture of CAD and hand-sculpting on the later Primarch models.

There'll have been some level of discussion with the Citadel team about what they intend to do for Fulgrim in Warhammer 40,000, however it's highly unlikely that they shared any CAD assets with each other for this character, simply as it's not how Simon or the rest of Forge World really work.

Just now, Quantum said:

Stunning model. I cannot fathom why it will not be part of the 40k model range. 

It's a resin miniature, created using a mixture of CAD and traditional hand-sculpting. Kind of precludes it from being a plastic miniature and by extension a 40k product, particularly with the way the company has placed the divide between Forge World and Citadel products.

If I get this (it is more than a little intimidating as a project, potentially fragile and expensive) I can see it being restricted to the occasional game at home and the 40k plastic (which will probably be out before I finish it) being the 'gaming piece'.

Excellent execution of a concept, with a pose / style they've already done once (Morathi), in a medium that is entirely unacceptable at this scale / cost and with this supposedly being a gaming not display model. Ridiculous to make this transport monstrosity in resin. Cue tears from owners with broken off weapons and wing pieces after a single game / tournament.

1 hour ago, Alby the Slayer said:

Time will tell, I guess.

Well we know Fulgrim is active in current 40k as per the first Arks of Omens book where Abaddon is pretty annoyed with the demon primarch for ignoring him.

If I recall per Valrak rumours, the EC stuff has been sculpted, moving onto the other stages. This ties in with them getting a 10th release but I wouldn't be surprised if it was paired back like the World Eaters or LoV getting a 2nd wave in 11th.

4 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Well we know Fulgrim is active in current 40k as per the first Arks of Omens book where Abaddon is pretty annoyed with the demon primarch for ignoring him.

If I recall per Valrak rumours, the EC stuff has been sculpted, moving onto the other stages. This ties in with them getting a 10th release but I wouldn't be surprised if it was paired back like the World Eaters or LoV getting a 2nd wave in 11th.

Yes, I understand as other Fraters explained, why they decide to use this model only for 30k. But, since as we know Fulgrim made some appearances in 40k(it's not like it's gone it's never been mentioned in the lore for decades), I still think is pretty weird to give us this Fulgrim and in 1-5 years, maybe less, give us another one for 40k. 

Not a problem, just a thought.

It's all good in the end. 

8 hours ago, thesarge44 said:

I mean, yea, plastic is miles better than resin for sure, we agree there, but i just don't see any way for the 40k version to better represent what we know daemon fullgrim to look like without just being an imitation of this model. How would the two even differ? Some art has him with angel wings instead so that could be a big difference but in my mind i don't believe the plastic version will be superior to this sculpt in any way other than being infinitely easy to work due to being plastic.

Probably shot themselves in the foot a little actually, when (and surely it is WHEN) Daemon Fulgrim releases in 40k it's going to draw imediate comparisons to this version and will split the EC fanbase between them i imagine. Big centre piece models absolutely sell armies, so for many it will simply be a debate over which version is better, and the resin one is as if the art jumped out from the page. 

We'll see i guess, but if they remake Morty/Angron/Magus with this kind of flare it's going to make the plastic team look bad imo.

That's fresh Daemon Fulgrim, not 10k years in excess hell Fulgrim.

8 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

I think the model looks good. He's basically exactly what I imagined.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of right now is the nightmare I would have in terms of storage and transport if I owned it lol.

This really looks like the sort of model you're meant to send a year or two painting then stick in a cabinet and not touch rather than something to heft around from game to game.

Beautiful model all the same.