Daemon Primarch Fulgrim (for Heresy)

3 hours ago, Imren said:

I'm really impressed that they chose to not go over the top with this one in terms of design like they usually do with 40k releases (40k Guilliman, Magnus and Mortairon), no bunch of chains, piercings and stuff on the wings like 40k Belakor, No excessive (pun intended) horns, chains and other bling on it, despite being Fulgrim. It feels so clean and "old-school FW 30k style from 2012-2017 times", just the way I like FW. Love it. Even consider getting it despite not playing EC.

This is still a 30k model though. When the main studio does a 40k one, expect it to fit more with how the other 40k ones look.

I'm not saying a plastic one would be bad, just that resin really works well for models like this.

1 hour ago, Kastor Krieg said:

That's still almost half of a minimum monthly wage where I live. It's an insane price for a single flimsy delicate miniature.

[ 185 GBP = 950 PLN, add shipping, minimum net wage is ~2400 PLN ]

To give more context, especially since this is "FW so full price", in my FLGS prices this is three Angrons. Almost four Norns.

It's an incredibly poor price for a single miniature.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

3 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Out of curiosity, why would you want the 2nd one?

Spare parts for repaies after gaming.

3 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

That's still almost half of a minimum monthly wage where I live. It's an insane price for a single flimsy delicate miniature.

[ 185 GBP = 950 PLN, add shipping, minimum net wage is ~2400 PLN ]

Fulgrim is at a price you dont need to pay shipping.

I'm honestly shocked to see the positive reactions to the price on the previous page. 215€? That's half a video game console without any shipping or taxes or what not. You can get a decent GPU for that cash.

I could get a premium tier scale figure shipped from Japan, import taxes included, for that sort of money. If I add 50€ to the total, I'd get the entire ~16kg Frosthaven board game box over here. It's a month and a half worth of food budget.

For a single resin figure from FW. It's insane to me that this sort of price is seen even remotely positively / normal for the hobby these days. Though I'm not surprised that they can charge those prices and still sell them, from that perspective.

Edited by DarkChaplain

1 hour ago, DarkChaplain said:

I'm honestly shocked to see the positive reactions to the price on the previous page. 215€? That's half a video game console without any shipping or taxes or what not. You can get a decent GPU for that cash.

I could get a premium tier scale figure shipped from Japan, import taxes included, for that sort of money. If I add 50€ to the total, I'd get the entire ~16kg Frosthaven board game box over here. It's a month and a half worth of food budget.

For a single resin figure from FW. It's insane to me that this sort of price is seen even remotely positively / normal for the hobby these days. Though I'm not surprised that they can charge those prices and still sell them, from that perspective.

Maybe you should look at something more comparable, like Resin miniatures of the same size produced in Europe.

Example

https://karolrudykart.com/index.php?id=offer&kat=19#odnosnik

On 8/31/2023 at 3:44 AM, Nephaston said:

Remember classic Daemon Fulgrims equipment is three swords and a whip, while this one has two swords a spear and a bladed glove for off-hand magick and rude gestures.

So chances are 40k fulgrim will have a weapon swap.

Who says it’s for combat? 

maybe the bladed glove is for =[REDACTED]= stuff in the Primarchs inner chambers where he =[REDACTED]=

1 hour ago, DarkChaplain said:

Mostly because its A big chunk of change less than most of us were expecting looking at his peer kits. He was never going to be exactly cheap but compared to Kabandha hes dooable for most people liable to want him over a few months.

And he will have a very similar plastic version for half the money in a couple of years, so you could always wait for that.

1 hour ago, TheHaplessHeretic said:

One I can convert slightly to make him a little more gaming friendly and the other to have in the cabinet.

Makes sense.

Addressing the issue of cost. I wanted this the second I clappes eyes on it. Sold stuff, saved and made sure I had kabandha levels plus a bit more out to one side.

I don't drink, smoke or have a console/ pc for gaming. Table top stuff is my hobby. 

I already have acquired about ,14,000 points of EC, I turned 40 this year and my wife and kids saw my reaction when the vid for Fulgrim dropped. 

Is it pricey, yes. However, as a one off, I'm ok with it. Not everyone will be and that's ok too.

By FW's eye-wateringly expensive standards, this is not as expensive as I'd feared. I guess the conditioning has worked. :tongue: At the end of the day Fulgrim is an iconic character and possibly the most gorgeous model the company has ever released, in my opinion, so totally justifiable as a one-off. Not sure when I'll pick him up as he's far too expensive to have lying around gathering dust but I'll get him at some point to lead my drugged up beakie supremacists to glory occasional success regular defeats thanks to the galactic rules genius that is the stupefied special rule

As I've just posted in the thread on the exemplary battles book, Fulgrim Transfigured is better in game than I thought when I first read his rules. He isn't forced to challenge unless he charges a unit containing something with WS6+. I've updated the book review at https://www.goonhammer.com/goonhammer-reviews-exemplary-battles-of-the-age-of-darkness-volume-one/#:~:text=I find it difficult to,decent amount of meaningful content. to reflect this.

37 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

As I've just posted in the thread on the exemplary battles book, Fulgrim Transfigured is better in game than I thought when I first read his rules. He isn't forced to challenge unless he charges a unit containing something with WS6+. I've updated the book review at https://www.goonhammer.com/goonhammer-reviews-exemplary-battles-of-the-age-of-darkness-volume-one/#:~:text=I find it difficult to,decent amount of meaningful content. to reflect this.

And even if someone does throw a cheap Champion/Chosen warrior spam at him while a horde of Fearless terminators chew on his retinue, if you run him with a Champion buddy (and why wouldn't you for Preferred Enemy), the Champion can take on 'lesser' foes as they both "must challenge". 

Edited by Brother Kraskor

2 hours ago, Brother Kraskor said:

And even if someone does throw a cheap Champion/Chosen warrior spam at him while a horde of Fearless terminators chew on his retinue, if you run him with a Champion buddy (and why wouldn't you for Preferred Enemy), the Champion can take on 'lesser' foes as they both "must challenge". 

Run him alongside Lucius for some sycophantic daddy pleasing and he can sort the pesky champions.

5 hours ago, Brother Kraskor said:

That isn’t the case actually. Part of what makes 30k confusing is when you have similar rules that are subtly different. If you check the champion rule it’s just that somebody has to challenge if the champion is there. Fulgrim can absolutely be that somebody. 

2 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

The sensible thing would be to buy a Fulgrim look-a-like from 3rd parties. Stupid prices will bite GW in the butt eventually.

I don’t agree in this case. For me the model is the defining thing here. It might be my favourite model GW has ever produced. 

The rules are fine but not amazing. This isn’t a thing where you get the WAAC choice printed. It’s for when you want to make something that looks amazing and put it on the table regardless of its rules. 

20 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

I don’t agree in this case. For me the model is the defining thing here. It might be my favourite model GW has ever produced. 

The rules are fine but not amazing. This isn’t a thing where you get the WAAC choice printed. It’s for when you want to make something that looks amazing and put it on the table regardless of its rules. 

Amen. I'm very much in this boat. There isn't a single other mini produced that I think is better in any of the current ranges.