[DW:30K] The Serpent's Cowl (OOC/Discussion)

Mazer Rackham

7 hours ago, Trokair said:

Follow up question, what is the aprox distance to closest enemy to Tyr-Ix-375, I asume it is a WE marine. 

@Trokair - Yes probably the pair of World Eaters as they have run the whole time whereas the traitor guard have gone static. Even if they started in the same spot I'd imagine that the marines would move faster.

Distance?

On T1 they were 170m away and WE Ran.

T2. WE get a range of 130m so assume a Run of 40m. 

The WE have Ran again in that round and in T3, so range is maybe 50m?

Edited by Machine God
Range approximation

52 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Sufficient distance allows Players some reaction time. They may declare to fall prone as a Free Action before I roll to Hit them. If they do so, they inflict -10 BS to Hit and reduce target profile, adding +10 to Dodge Tests. This is only effective against Area Saturation Fire. If the PC is already Prone, they may choose to 'Evade' thus providing the bonus. This happens out of turn.

Brain not so good today. Is this for our refference for future rounds, or is this right now as we are all in the 20m x 20m area?

If the latter, I don't think Tyr-Ix-375 would be able to fall prone in any meanigfull sense. 

6 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Brain not so good today. Is this for our refference for future rounds, or is this right now as we are all in the 20m x 20m area?

If the latter, I don't think Tyr-Ix-375 would be able to fall prone in any meanigfull sense. 

Don't worry, I've got you covered. Self-preservation protocols will allow you to evade as long as you can still move: ie, you're not helpless or 0 Ag Bonus.

This is just for the immediate shot this Round, and any shot that uses Area Suppression. I will make this clear in the Actions.

Happy to report that I filled  the last placeholder 

Regarding the current turn / next action:

Taking a  Half action for concealment is surely is certainly wise.

Would we able to conjure up some sort of Countermeasure / ECM to make pinpointing the remains of our mob more difficult to the Warhounds  by Tech Use? Maybe in conjunction with the Castellax Sensorium? 

You could certainly attempt some ECM jamming, a Hard (-20) Tech-Use Test (obviously you can receive Assistance).

This is an extended action which you will be required to maintain as an active capability.

This will be Opposed by the 'Sniffer' or intercept augurs aboard the god-engines.

@Xin Ceithan - Nice edit.

@Mazer Rackham - We're still in Structured Time so Asmon will have to wait until after Tyr and the last Warhound goes before he can even put an entry (Musing about the message)?

Just a little splash:

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/381901-dw30k-the-serpents-cowl-ic/?do=findComment&comment=6019071

Edited by Machine God
Edit notification

25 minutes ago, Machine God said:

@Mazer Rackham - We're still in Structured Time so Asmon will have to wait until after Tyr and the last Warhound goes before he can even put an entry (Musing about the message)?

Spot on.

34 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

ECM Tests:

I will hold this off until the end of the Round to allow Trokair/Tyr to either make a Tech Use Test (Half) or declare he is Assisting (Free). We will consider the reason for this delay a 'handshake' protocol, and initiation of the jamming signal. The efficacy will then be calculated at the end of the Round with any benefits/penalties.

Half as in a Tech use test at half stat? Tyr-Ix-375 int isen't great, but it does have Tech-use. Might be better to just assit.

6 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Mazer Rackham This is not the first NPC I have inadvertently gotten killed, but this feels like the dumbest of own-goals. :facepalm:

If you hadn't spoken to him, he wouldn't have even got a dodge. That's how I tried to relate it anyway.

Well it's a good job we have got new Comms then.

@Necronaut - Look at it this way. You gave a NPC a chance at a Dodge.

At least you haven't got bad dice and have forgot that you have said to Your New Squad to Take Cover from the God-Engines and then have gone on a 5m Run Rampage at the Traitor Guard instead of "Playing Dead!"

Edited by Machine God

16 minutes ago, Machine God said:

At least you haven't got bad dice and have forgot that you have said to Your New Squad to Take Cover from the God-Engines and then have gone on a 5m Run Rampage at the Traitor Guard instead of "Playing Dead!"

To be fair, that's completely in character and perfectly understandable...

The flesh is weak, after all :thumbsup:

I know I am probably misunderstanding split personality disorder (and or related conditions) but I see Tyr-Ix-375 as a kind of example. Sometimes the sentient aspect is in control and directs the body, sometimes it is just the computer that controls the body, following its programming exactly as written. Tyr-Ix-375 is always there thinking and aware, but is not always the one connected to the outside reality. It blinks and finds its body has, without it meaning to, walked 5m and expended 12 rounds of ammunition.

I guess nobody on Mars programmed a ‘What to do if Civil War erupts’ protocol into these guys.

Honestly, when being shot at, diving forward 5m and unleashing a torrent of suppressing fire is ideal.

It certainly feels like Tyr is suffering from a dissociative order. I know a man who can give you a deeper understanding if you care to delve.

The Mechanicum knew what they were doing. Mostly.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Well perhaps the Warhounds will decide that everyone in the redoubt is dead and the only resistance is a Castellax wandering about.

Fire a Plasma Blastgun at the small robot followed by another Vulcan Mega-Bolter, then leave for better kills...