Legions Imperialis: The Great Slaughter

7 hours ago, Redcomet said:

It’s worse than that. They have actually built the factory. But can’t run it as the grid can’t support it or it will brown out a hospital. GW are in a legal battle with the power company and the city council 

The rotting nature of essential infrastructure holding back a genuinely work leading, multi million pound British business is actually incredibly on brand for the UK. So I believe this. 

39 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

The rotting nature of essential infrastructure holding back a genuinely work leading, multi million pound British business is actually incredibly on brand for the UK. So I believe this. 

The real life Imperium of Man, expansion held back by the collapse of the surrounding infrastructure…

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

We are still waiting on all the tanks from the core box too afaik? Dont want no badly moulded stinky infantry :D 

solar aux infantry is great, as long as you aren't stupid and go for a nice simple scheme to paint, source, got 2 lots of the solar aux infantry and am stupid and didn't go for a nice simple scheme

5 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Moving more accurately to the topic at hand... do we have a list of what is in this supplement release coming?

The article implies it is more than just Jetbikes, Bikes and Land Speeders, with mention of light tanks and we've seen those Spartans before.

At the very least I think we’ll get the Dreadnought pack, Jetbikes / Speeders, Direwolves and maybe the contents of the Starter Box individually packaged. I believe there was mention of the Proteus somewhere and they literally show the Spartan in the damn book so if they don’t release that I will be extremely disappointed. 

11 hours ago, Redcomet said:

Its worse than that. They have actually built the factory. But can’t run it as the grid can’t support it or it will brown out a hospital. GW are in a legal battle with the power company and the city council 

Not a surprise.  The Net Zero agenda with unreliable renewables, expensive gas and complete lack of urgency building nuclear power stations in this country is slowly causing the power generation capacity of our grid to fall.  This will have a huge impact in future, particularly with the ongoing electrification of UK cars and the demand that will cause.  See what's happening to Germany with demand destruction and their slowly collapsing manufacturing industry; we are only a bit behind them.

Its not good.  Expect GW to be even less able to fulfil demand in the future because of this, through no fault of their own.

Let's leave it there folks. Regardless of how the situation came about, as interesting as it is indeed, we know the result is less items easily able to be purchased for whatever reason.

So we can focus on new Spartans and the (hopefully) miniatures for Deredeos etc.

Well, after this week end of failed orders of all "the old world" stuff (not enough stock!), due to GW having completely underestimated the demand, I don't see a lot of improvment of LI stock: GW has a lot, a LOT of plastic to mould and this new big boy (ToW) will add some not neglectible mess.

As usual, to get things, you have to do the boxes asap, freaking hitting F5 key day one to order some more pastic etc...

Lets hope that the next wave gives us at least support (dreads!) and fast (speeder/bikes). At least we'll get some strategic variations.

If I had a magic wand I'd put 40K on hold for a year and then put the resources into Legions Imperialis and other games.

But then I'd probably also make a bowl that never runs out of fresh chocolate cake so not sure how reliable I'd be.

16 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

They are stuck in another bottleneck to make a bunch of AoS 4th Edition boxes because this will be the one that sells as much as 40K guys, trust them. 

The issue of production being the choke point was brought up in the financials thread. I think we are at a point, well past it actually, where GW cannot supply the product on time, in the quantity the fans would buy it.

They are throttled, and every new product line just makes the issue worse.

8 hours ago, Scribe said:

The issue of production being the choke point was brought up in the financials thread. I think we are at a point, well past it actually, where GW cannot supply the product on time, in the quantity the fans would buy it.

They are throttled, and every new product line just makes the issue worse.

And yet they still won't enter the digital age and offer the few of us with 3-d printers and the time to do it stl's for what they can't provide. Wich has led to a total disaster that most people aren't aware of but I find incredibly amusing.

On 1/6/2024 at 10:59 PM, Captain Idaho said:

Let's leave it there folks. Regardless of how the situation came about, as interesting as it is indeed, we know the result is less items easily able to be purchased for whatever reason.

So we can focus on new Spartans and the (hopefully) miniatures for Deredeos etc.

^^

=][= This, please keep to the topic at hand and steer away from GW's production woes. =][=

Very curious to see whether we get a big big release wave, with all the missing stuff from the core book (mostly the support box iirc?) + stand alones from the starter + stuff from the expansion released in one go. Or If we're going to be stuck until the middle of the year before we get Spartans and jetbikes and the likes.  

1 hour ago, Matcap86 said:

Very curious to see whether we get a big big release wave, with all the missing stuff from the core book (mostly the support box iirc?) + stand alones from the starter + stuff from the expansion released in one go. Or If we're going to be stuck until the middle of the year before we get Spartans and jetbikes and the likes.  

I expect anything still missing from the first wave so the two support boxes the solo tank releases and the missing Titan/Knight/Aircraft kits.
The book itself will likely have rules for most if not all the currently revealed stuff but I only expect maybe 1-2 kits of those things now with the rest trickling in slowly over the next months in the same way we already had rules for the support box stuff even thought the kits itself took 2 months longer

23 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

We still have the weird Land Raider issue to come of whether Proteus and Assault Ramp Land Raiders are separate boxes let alone units

I guess the GW Proteus has an option for an assault ramp? I’m only familiar with the old FW one and I remember that there was no option so it was basically useless to me. I would certainly hope they include the optional front end, but if they don’t then I have my fingers crossed for a Mk. IIb, which is my favorite pattern Land Raider.  

30 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

We still have the weird Land Raider issue to come of whether Proteus and Assault Ramp Land Raiders are separate boxes let alone units

There is no way they the Spartan kit modular enough to build a Proteus from it. The proteus is both thinner, shorter and with a slgihtly different design on the shared parts so too different to do it at this scale. If there are Assault Ramp Proteus coming it will be in its own box.

A few months ago I would have said they won't be coming but since we can be pretty sure there are more Leman Russ variants coming another Proteus variant would also not be surprising

8 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

And yet they still won't enter the digital age and offer the few of us with 3-d printers and the time to do it stl's for what they can't provide. Wich has led to a total disaster that most people aren't aware of but I find incredibly amusing.

Yeah thats uh....not going to be seen to be the answer at GW.

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

There is no way they the Spartan kit modular enough to build a Proteus from it. The proteus is both thinner, shorter and with a slgihtly different design on the shared parts so too different to do it at this scale. If there are Assault Ramp Proteus coming it will be in its own box.

A few months ago I would have said they won't be coming but since we can be pretty sure there are more Leman Russ variants coming another Proteus variant would also not be surprising

Sorry,I meant in a previous preview article it implied that the Land Raiders 2 different configurations came in 2 different kits

Theres also something in the Core Book that implied there might be a points cost/added benefit to having the explorator sic spikes/dozer blade on other vehicles

I can’t imagine what the advantage of the dozer blade would be considering they don’t have any actual stats or perks in the game thus far. The only thing I can think of is the Explorator would be cheaper since it’s foregoing the assault capability. Maybe it’ll have an aura to negate Infiltrate but otherwise I don’t know why anyone would take a Land Raider that you can’t assault out of.