Legions Imperialis: The Great Slaughter

10 minutes ago, Burni said:

Can you imagine the internal GW meetings if this book needed a reprint as well...

I really hope they are just being caution with wording and it's not too long a wait. At the very least give us the missing stuff from the rulebook in the next couple of week GW!!

I did see post somewhere, can't remember where, once the Great Slaughter wasn't on the Sunday preview, say that this delayed by a few months. I assumed it was someone just posting it as a troll but maybe they actually  knew something 

What makes this sting even harder is the lack of available stuff to buy. Anything that's been released is just in our of stock limbo, with so much more just....waiting around for some optimal release time. The game has been constricted to what people managed to purchase on the launch for the most part, and not being able to adapt to your opponents armies with reinforcements sucks. It also just gets boring to field the same things after a while; feels stale. 

3 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

Wait a minute, I thought this was going up for preorder this month…?

Shouldve been last weeks preorder (going by the social media copy they used on twitter). But never materialised. 

image.png.4b57b0543e78e4bfc8a28b7dcaf1dbf6.png

Yeah, if they're expecting a months-long delay on this as well as releasing any new kits that should have been available already then this game is DOA. What a shame, I’ve already invested a bit into it and I’d hate to see that be a waste. 

I mean following GWs release prep and wind up time it's not unlikely that they have the next 2-3 years of releases planned/developed/designed. Would be very weird if they'd throw those all out.

Edited by Matcap86

It doesn't matter if GW is still releasing new kits if no one is playing the game.

If the supplement is delayed at least release the support boxes that have rules in the core rulebook, the addition of new dreadnoughts, rapiers and tarantulas will fill in some of the gaps in army rosters.

If the models for the other stuff are ready to go (speeders, bikes etc) then they should release those and a pdf of the rules for them.

I'm not a customer who thinks they are ever owed anything by a company, but a gesture of goodwill wouldn't go amiss given the alarming rate that screw ups seem to be occurring these days. 

23 minutes ago, Black Cohort said:

It doesn't matter if GW is still releasing new kits if no one is playing the game.

If the supplement is delayed at least release the support boxes that have rules in the core rulebook, the addition of new dreadnoughts, rapiers and tarantulas will fill in some of the gaps in army rosters.

I mean I'd still be buying them. Again I think a large part of the customer base is primarily collectors, not gamers.

Was surprised to see my FLGS had some rhinos back in stock today (so I picked up another box). They also had 2 core boxes, so some UK restocking is taking place. 

4 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

If the models for the other stuff are ready to go (speeders, bikes etc) then they should release those and a pdf of the rules for them.

I'm not a customer who thinks they are ever owed anything by a company, but a gesture of goodwill wouldn't go amiss given the alarming rate that screw ups seem to be occurring these days. 

You'd think so, but this is the company that basically killed AT in the runup to LI so they could add the repackaged titans to the lineup. 

Imagine stopping the production of a model range, adding a new base and reboxing to make it available for a second game system, and then making so few kits that after a 4 month delay you still can't avoid going out of stock almost instantly. And also basically shelving your newest kits (dire wolf, warmasters) for a second follow up wave....which is also delayed.

Man is this disappointing.  I still don’t have all my first wave stuff and was really looking to order some new units too.  And then they said it would be end of January and now we are back to “later this year”.  At least they didn’t say sooner than you expect.  I am worried this will really kill the game.

I was really looking to push LI in my area where only one game store is even carrying it.  But without models to make armies with I can’t do too much.  And if there is no stock to buy, what is the point of hyping a game.  So very sad.  I guess I’ll work on Bolt Action again for awhile.

Edited by vadersson

1 hour ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Allegedly coming out March 2nd, from the same people who brought us the launch pre order. 

Wouldn't be too bad then if this is true.

The next possible preorder would be on the 3rd and out on the 17th so March 2nd would only be 2 weeks later. 

So while it is a delay from the original January preorder its not even close to how bad the original delay was. 

And they could still release the rest of the wave 1 stuff before that (Maybe for preorder next week?)

And still no release date for stuff like Deredos which have rules in the main book already and have been previewed?

edit: didn’t see @Matrindur’s post “they could still release wave 1” seems to be the answer I was looking for.

Edited by LameBeard

9 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

And still no release date for stuff like Deredos which have rules in the main book already and have been previewed?

I'd expect those when they launch the individual boxes for units in the starter sets. I'd hope they do those in the coming week(s)