Legions Imperialis: The Great Slaughter

11 hours ago, Matcap86 said:

It honestly feels a bit like the wheels are coming off at GW. Maybe they need to impose a month of no releases or something just to catch up. Cause this is getting messier and messier.

Say this every time something goes pear-shaped with GW, but this could all be largely fixed by talking to the customer base. Having a PR strategy that involves being as impersonal as possible makes things simpler in many ways, but when things go wrong and all you can do is repeatedly say 'Sorry, there is a delay', you start to look like idiots.

It wouldn't kill the brand to release some kind of 'Yeah, we know things are delayed. Here is why and here is what we are doing to fix it' statement.

5 hours ago, Pacific81 said:

I would guess they may have been surprised at the success of both new Epic and Fantasy.

Perhaps as many fans have pointed out, neither of those games should have stopped being sold in the first place :smile:

Fantasy's issue was also IP... they could not copyright elves, dwarves etc and were terrified of 3d printing. So they went sigmar. Plus, the core system was to stable, in that once you got an army, you really didn't need to buy more. GW believes in the hobby funnel, in that Timmie spending his allowance at the store is the bulk of sales, not the long time fans. I believe that for number of sales, not sure about dollars....

16 minutes ago, Haranin said:

Fantasy's issue was also IP... they could not copyright elves, dwarves etc and were terrified of 3d printing. So they went sigmar. Plus, the core system was to stable, in that once you got an army, you really didn't need to buy more. GW believes in the hobby funnel, in that Timmie spending his allowance at the store is the bulk of sales, not the long time fans. I believe that for number of sales, not sure about dollars....

3d printing was barely a thing 10-12 years ago. And it is still niche. Nothing they where ever terrified over

Not to get too far off topic, but anecdotally the issue with Fantasy was the last 'proper' WFB edition before Sigmar changed how ranking formations worked to the point where existing collections were mostly ineffective if not unplayable and often the models to bulk them out were long decommissioned causing our WFB group to plummet from 12 active players to barely three. Back then GW already struggling to refresh ranges in a timely manner and there was MASSES of metal or badly translated finecast in the WFB range that were causing logistics issues.

7 hours ago, Astartes Consul said:

Say this every time something goes pear-shaped with GW, but this could all be largely fixed by talking to the customer base. Having a PR strategy that involves being as impersonal as possible makes things simpler in many ways, but when things go wrong and all you can do is repeatedly say 'Sorry, there is a delay', you start to look like idiots.

It wouldn't kill the brand to release some kind of 'Yeah, we know things are delayed. Here is why and here is what we are doing to fix it' statement.

They possibly dont want to spook the stockmarket by publicising problems

'Don't worry – reinforcements are on the way.'

– transmission from Perturabo, Konrad Curze, Lorgar and Alpharius to the first wave on Isstvan.

There's a lot already in the pipeline for release, so I'm hoping that we see The Great Slaughter released alongside a fair ol' pile of boxes. I'm just wondering how GW will space it out. The main rulebook includes the rules for the Support boxes (i.e. Deredeos, Rapiers etc.) for both Astartes and Solar Auxilia, but perhaps the new shiny jetbikes and Spartans will jump the queue?

Good luck getting your hands on it even if they do… I was finally able to order the LI based on their site yesterday, which was also the first time I’ve ever seen them available. By the time I saw them on there the 50 & 60mm bases were already sold out and I was only able to order 3 each of the others. I get that this is designed to prevent scalping but man… I need so many more and they’re just missing out on more money, especially since they’re online only. 

2 hours ago, DuskRaider said:

From what I saw they’re still available so swoop in now or you’ll be waiting another two months. 

@DuskRaideryou saved my [redacted] I was able to get 3 of everything still available. Not happy about the limit but at least I can move forward with some of the titans 

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

@DuskRaideryou saved my [redacted] I was able to get 3 of everything still available. Not happy about the limit but at least I can move forward with some of the titans 

Yeah man, I made another order using my PayPal account to try and grab some more before they were gone. We’ll see if they deny me or not. 

2 hours ago, The Scorpion said:

This is what puzzled me the most. Titanicus already covers those bases. What is going on at GW?

To be fair, while it can't have been printed in any kind of response to such, I have seen a fair few people remark they want to play Titan-only games with LI's ruleset and not learn AT for... whatever reason. It's odd, but those people do exist. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

22 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

To be fair, while it can't have been printed in any kind of response to such, I have seen a fair few people remark they want to play Titan-only games with LI's ruleset and not learn AT for... whatever reason. It's odd, but those people do exist. 

Which is odd because honestly Titanicus is probably the best game they’ve released in quite some time. The whole thing just feels so epic (no pun intended) and cinematic. You can legitimately get away with only owning like 6 Titans, each one is its own character and whole thing feels and plays perfectly. 

Titans in LI feel like little more than walking gun platforms… probably because that’s exactly what they are. I guess fielding 6,000 vs 6,000 could be interesting without taking an entire day and needing a whole other table for dataslates, but still…

I love both games, Titanicus is incredibly fun..... 

Buuuuuuut, if you were to play with 10 or more Titans on each side with the Titanicus rules then that's going to be a long game and you'd need another 4x4 table for all of the Titan cards. There's just so much bookkeeping. 

The Legions Imperialis ruleset could comfortably handle 10 per side if not more. 

New article about a new book for HH and at the end they also say:

This epic campaign book is designed very much as a companion piece to the first supplement to Legions Imperialis, The Great Slaughter**

What I really don't like is the asterisk for our book which says:

The Great Slaughter will also be out a little later this year.

Not even a "soon" let alone a next month kinda sounds like a big delay to me. "A little later this year" is the same wording they used back when LI was delayed which took 4 months from that point to release. And I hope we aren't looking at the second book they need to reprint for some reason.

Edited by Matrindur

34 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

New article about a new book for HH and at the end they also say:

What I really don't like is the asterisk for our book which says:

Not even a "soon" let alone a next month kinda sounds like a big delay to me. "A little later this year" is the same wording they used back when LI was delayed which took 4 months from that point to release. And I hope we aren't looking at the second book they need to reprint for some reason.

Can you imagine the internal GW meetings if this book needed a reprint as well...

I really hope they are just being caution with wording and it's not too long a wait. At the very least give us the missing stuff from the rulebook in the next couple of week GW!!