Legions Imperialis: The Great Slaughter

MARCH?! That would really extinguish a lot of excitement. I Hope they dont draw the wrong conclusions when they look at the sales. 

Makes me wonder, is the guy responsible for PR the CEOs little brother or something? How can they :cuss: up so massive time and again without a proper explanation? 

speak WITH your customers GW, not merely TO them

4 minutes ago, armarnis said:

MARCH?! That would really extinguish a lot of excitement. I Hope they dont draw the wrong conclusions when they look at the sales. 

Makes me wonder, is the guy responsible for PR the CEOs little brother or something? How can they :cuss: up so massive time and again without a proper explanation? 

speak WITH your customers GW, not merely TO them

I mean the sales are great for them, everything is continuously selling out. 

I wonder if the delay is to produce extra to try and not immediately sell out of everything.

The few times that they communicate dates they immediately :cuss: it up so it wouldn't surprise me if they start to reduce those comments.

2 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

We never know how good selling out is unfortunately, they might have underproduced after all and so many people not being able to get stuff is pretty clearly bad for gw.

Yeah that's true, but even if they underproduced then it's clearly doing better than they expected, so they wouldn't see underperforming sales figures leading to the game being dropped. 

I honestly believe LI is the culmination of a plan/process that started with Titanicus and which also had a rocky start but got quite some support. So hopefully it's here for the long haul. 

2 hours ago, Matcap86 said:

Yeah that's true, but even if they underproduced then it's clearly doing better than they expected, so they wouldn't see underperforming sales figures leading to the game being dropped. 

I honestly believe LI is the culmination of a plan/process that started with Titanicus and which also had a rocky start but got quite some support. So hopefully it's here for the long haul. 

Yeah its definitely a rocky road, id heard once Titanicus got rolling it consistently sold better than expected, poor Aeronautica got stomped by the pandemic so i guess we will never truly know its potential and now Epic is seemingly cursed but at least selling anything they can get to market. 

Of course Old World is also going to hurt it as they appeal in some ways to a very similar nostalgia crowd, lets hope not too badly.

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah its definitely a rocky road, id heard once Titanicus got rolling it consistently sold better than expected, poor Aeronautica got stomped by the pandemic so i guess we will never truly know its potential and now Epic is seemingly cursed but at least selling anything they can get to market. 

Of course Old World is also going to hurt it as they appeal in some ways to a very similar nostalgia crowd, lets hope not too badly.

Titanicus did very well for quite some time but was slowed down by the pandemic and that’s when updates and new models stopped being released. I think the last big release for AT was the Warmaster in late 2020 or early 2021 (it’s been a while). 

I'm hoping this delay is to get things sorted and have a proper release that ensures there’s enough product to go around but I have my doubts. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 2:21 PM, Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf said:

On 1/28/2024 at 7:27 PM, Robbienw said:

Good things come to those who wait.

As long as those good things aren't Orks :laugh:

Edited by Pacific81

I would be happy to wait until March for new stuff, on the basis that aside from the initial starter box, a box of Rhinos and a box of Kratos, I haven't been able to buy any models since release, because nowhere has them in stock.

I have a 1,000pts of Astartes (if I include a Warhound which is technically illegal) but can't add any more..... This is the first game where I have painted everything I have, lol, but can't really play because 1,000pts isn't really representative of the full game.

So I'd rather wait for new stuff, so they can restock the stuff I should have been able to buy months ago....

From Dakkadakka, this was apperantly posted on reddit before getting deleted so take it with a lot of salt:

These will be announced on Sunday for preorder next week

- Book
- Some (not all) Missing Units from the Rulebook
- Spartans
- Droppods
- Plastic Arvus
- Vanguard Bike/Speeder Detachments

and that not all Units, with rules in the Expansion get released soon...

The Arvus is a bit strange since its the newest reveal but then again it would make sense to replace it as soon as possible as nobody would be buying the resin version now that the plastic version is announced. Other than that everything seems believable including them still not releasing everything from the core book...

That is likely to be aeronautica stuff as the rest of the titans would make sense with this book and I can't see them not releasing the two support boxes yet.

Edited by Matrindur

51 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

From Dakkadakka, this was apperantly posted on reddit before getting deleted so take it with a lot of salt:

The Arvus is a bit strange since its the newest reveal but then again it would make sense to replace it as soon as possible as nobody would be buying the resin version now that the plastic version is announced. Other than that everything seems believable including them still not releasing everything from the core book...

That is likely to be aeronautica stuff as the rest of the titans would make sense with this book and I can't see them not releasing the two support boxes yet.

Seems like a weird lopsided release tbh. I'd expect at least the Dracosan to be in there as well to give SA some troop carrying capacity. 

The only units we're actually missing are the support boxes, so might mean that there wouldn't be a release of Russ/Sicaran/Malcador/Predator indivual boxes, which would be supremely naff. 

47 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

Seems like a weird lopsided release tbh. I'd expect at least the Dracosan to be in there as well to give SA some troop carrying capacity. 

The only units we're actually missing are the support boxes, so might mean that there wouldn't be a release of Russ/Sicaran/Malcador/Predator indivual boxes, which would be supremely naff. 

The Arvus is also a transport so while the Dracosan would be preferred they would have a plastic transport now.

The support boxes are the only new things we are missing. But we are also missing Fire Raptors, Storm Eagles, Thunderhawks, Thunderbolts, Avenger Strike Fighters, Cerastus Knights Acheron and Castigator, Acastus Knight Porphyrion, Warhounds, Dire Wolfs, Warbringer Titans and the two Warmaster versions. Which all have rules in the core book but aren't for sale.

So a lot of stuff still missing and its likely some of these are meant with the "not all of the missing core book units". Again since the book is about Knights and Titans I would expect those so the next next likely option are the planes

Edited by Matrindur

8 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The Arvus is also a transport so while the Dracosan would be preferred they would have a plastic transport now.

The support boxes are the only new things we are missing. But we are also missing Fire Raptors, Storm Eagles, Thunderhawks, Thunderbolts, Avenger Strike Fighters, Cerastus Knights Acheron and Castigator, Acastus Knight Porphyrion, Warhounds, Dire Wolfs, Warbringer Titans and the two Warmaster versions. Which all have rules in the core book but aren't for sale.

So a lot of stuff still missing and its likely some of these are meant with the "not all of the missing core book units". Again since the book is about Knights and Titans I would expect those so the next next likely option are the planes

Yeah that makes sense. Didn't think of those as I already have quite a Titanicus collection and forgot those are all still MIA for reboxing. Might also see the Maniple Budget box return then. 

I meant the Dracosan opposite the Land raiders, as the droppods are opposite the arvus in my mind. 

10 hours ago, Matrindur said:

and the two Warmaster versions. Which all have rules in the core book but aren't for sale.

I was hoping that LI would undo the two named versions of the Warmaster thing, since I'm pretty sure it was only done so they didn't have to sell arm sprues via Direct. They should be allowed to mix and match, especially since it's designed to be magnetized.

On 2/8/2024 at 11:29 AM, Matrindur said:

- Book
- Some (not all) Missing Units from the Rulebook
- Spartans
- Droppods
- Plastic Arvus
- Vanguard Bike/Speeder Detachments

Thanks for posting this Matrindur. Although I realise it could be a complete fabrication, I'm going to use it to do a bit of budget planning (based on them being £30 boxes).

Edited by Burni

You know what would be cool? Just having access to the product that had been released 5+ years ago. I can’t even get my hands on Warhounds that actually have useful weaponry these days. Mega Bolters, Plasma Blastguns and Laser Destroyers are rarer than hen’s teeth these days. 

It's OK, GW decided they didn't need the factory to meet demand or planned output.

It's odd with GW. They're making money but not fulfilling their core business obligations. Years gone by, we'd see no issues with supply for a game, even one which wasn't 40K.

I hope this doesn't impact the shelf life of a game like Legions Imperialis.

Edited by Captain Idaho

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

It's OK, GW decided they didn't need the factory to meet demand or planned planned output.

It's odd with GW. They're making money but not fulfilling their core business obligations. Years gone by, we'd see no issues with supply for a game, even one which wasn't 40K.

I hope this doesn't impact the shelf life of a game like Legions Imperialis.

I think they cast their net way too wide and have bitten off more than they can chew as far as the range of games and lines go. Some ideas short term may have seemed like a good plan but long term they can’t sustain in their current form and need to expand, which from what I’ve read here seems impossible if they intend to stay rooted in their current location.