Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Looks pretty awesome. I'd definitely keep the "striped bands/stola thingies". :wink:

Thank you! I'm considering to halfen their width. Maybe this will look a bit better. 

Man that's hands-down the best contemptor I have seen. I would literally buy it over the Osiron.

(Also thanks for following my instagram yesterday, it's quite an honor to be followed by the mighty Aasfresser, the inspiration for my own conversions lol)

That's some very high praise, thank you very much! I like the Osiron and at some point I might buy one, but my version looks more fitting for 40k. And you're welcome, I like your TS.

Really nice work with the contemptor, all he sculpted details really transform it.

I wish I could sculpt that well :D This is all press molded. But thank you very much!

I finally could get some more bitz for the BL Son of the Cyclops Huron count as. Unfortunately the thumb on the clawed hand is missing. I have to get some donor thumb to transplant from another lighningclaw. So far I'm rather pleased wit how he is turning out. Just a few more little things to add.

med_gallery_76164_9728_62009.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_251912.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_83683.jpg

I think the Huron/Exalted Champion is ready to be primed now. I like how the new claws look on the left hand.

med_gallery_76164_9728_80573.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_60412.jpg

And I made him some more little friends to push around.

med_gallery_76164_9728_82078.jpg

med_gallery_76164_9728_39161.jpg

They will get 2 friends with plasma guns, the rest will be basic bolter CSM. The guy with the claw is the asp. champion of the squad.

med_gallery_76164_9728_55516.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_62265.jpg

med_gallery_76164_9728_24609.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_57150.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_58711.jpg

Edited by Aasfresser

Great work all around, I love that "Huron." I'm a fan of sculpted trim, and I see some peeking out from his legs. *thumbs up*

Also, thank you for being the one to show me how good mk iii and chaos bits look together. I'm totally buying a squad next month.

Edited by Juggernut

Great work all around, I love that "Huron." I'm a fan of sculpted trim, and I see some peeking out from his legs. *thumbs up*

Also, thank you for being the one to show me how good mk iii and chaos bits look together. I'm totally buying a squad next month.

Thank you! I put GS trim on both legs. It felt cheap and lazy to simply take a primaris and call it a conversion. And do it, those MK III are so superior to our old CSM sculpst. And they mix pretty well with the CSM helmets, shoulders, arms and legs. The only think that looks off in my opinion are MK III legs and MK IV torsos.

As it is with distractions, there are always several of them. I wanted to see the new Plague Marines in BL colors and here is the first almost finished one. Still have to do the leather strips, the wooden bolter casing and some more rust. And the base. But I like him so far. And I'm not sure anymore about the Bringers of Decay symbol in gold... looks stupid. I'll have to repaint it in yellow and sneak some more Eyes of Horus on him. For the black I tried Prospekts drybrush precipice for his Sable Specters, although I adapted it to my BL scheme. I like how it looks, but I think I'll return to layering for the next one. Maybe.

med_gallery_76164_9728_92790.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_36091.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_76116.jpg

I drybrushed another Black Legion CSM, one of my MK III marines. I'm starting to get fond of that look. The difference between him and the older ones is barely noticeable. Just to add some Legion symbols and some ash on the base. The light is a bit off, seems like I have to build another photobox.

med_gallery_76164_9728_9841.jpg

The BL scheme looks great on the new plague marines.

Thank you!

I think he is done now. After applying matt varnish he became a bit glossy... I added a small cthonian serpents glyph to his left knee pad to add a link to his past as a Son of Horus and the SotC symbol to his left shoulder pad. Something still off with the light though...

med_gallery_76164_9728_91337.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_96894.jpg

And as it is so often with having no time for hobby stuff, let me present you a terminator I started in 2014. Again my matt varnish turned it glossy. I use Vallejo Matt Varnish diluted with a bit of Vallejo Thinner Medium. He is still good enough. Arms are magnetized.

med_gallery_76164_9728_74919.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_16457.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_49207.jpg

This is the squads champion that I painted back in 2014.

med_gallery_76164_9728_2437.jpg

I still have ca 10 more TDA in my bitz box, don't know why I bought them back then.

Wow those look great in those colors!! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Skerr!