Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Looking forward to see what you do with them. Your conversions and painting are the best combo I have seen for TS in years, and I've seen a lot of Tzeentch in 2 decades

Thank you! I'm very glad to hear that. If I only had more time for painting right now...

At least I could grab a box of Exalted Sorcerers and build three of those awesome chaps on discs. I pretty much build them as they are. No conversions on those three. The kit is awesome, you have so many options and you get some bits for more conversions. There are at least another 3 or 4 Sorcerers in that box if you have some spare robed bodies and other bits.

Exalted Sorcerer of Tzeench on Disc No1

I love the look of the disc inside the box, it's a shame there's only one of them.

Exalted Sorcerer of Tzeench on Disc No2

This Disc was borrowed from the burning chariot box. I have another one somewhere here. In the end this guy will get one without a book.

Exalted Sorcerer of Tzeench on Disc No3

This disc is from the Gaunt Summoner from AOS. I really don't like the fart-flame this body is levitating on and the pose is a bit off. So I replaced it with a stand from a small flying base. Now he is levitating on his disc as the gaunt summoner was before him. 

A little bit of progress on the Demon Prince. The left arm is done.

Tzeentch Demon Prince left Arm

I'm reconsidering the colour of the smaller extra arm. Maybe I'll go once over it to make it more Ahriman Blue or mix a bit of Space Wolves Grey or Celestra Grey into the last highlight. For now I consider it finished.

Looks awesome! Nice to see they can be assembled to not be so mutated as they seemed initially.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't want my TS Sorcs to look to much mutated. A bit is ok, but it get's to much to fast. I really love this kit!

Looking forward to see what you do with them. Your conversions and painting are the best combo I have seen for TS in years, and I've seen a lot of Tzeentch in 2 decades

Thank you! I'm very glad to hear that. If I only had more time for painting right now...

At least I could grab a box of Exalted Sorcerers and build three of those awesome chaps on discs. I pretty much build them as they are. No conversions on those three. The kit is awesome, you have so many options and you get some bits for more conversions. There are at least another 3 or 4 Sorcerers in that box if you have some spare robed bodies and other bits.

I love the look of the disc inside the box, it's a shame there's only one of them.

This Disc was borrowed from the burning chariot box. I have another one somewhere here. In the end this guy will get one without a book.

This disc is from the Gaunt Summoner from AOS. I really don't like the fart-flame this body is levitating on and the pose is a bit off. So I replaced it with a stand from a small flying base. Now he is levitating on his disc as the gaunt summoner was before him.

You could use the book familiars from silver tower to get some book action on those other discs? Plus there are new discs coming for the AoS tzaangor shamans that are coming out soon for even more disc based variety.

How much of the sorcerer kit is overtly tzeentchian? I'm thinking of mashing it together with the DV chosen to make some word bearers summoners, and have been wondering just how much I'll really be able to make use of.

You could use the book familiars from silver tower to get some book action on those other discs? Plus there are new discs coming for the AoS tzaangor shamans that are coming out soon for even more disc based variety.

How much of the sorcerer kit is overtly tzeentchian? I'm thinking of mashing it together with the DV chosen to make some word bearers summoners, and have been wondering just how much I'll really be able to make use of.

There are several books and scrolls in the burning chariot set that come with an attached tentacle that fits perfect to the discs, but for now I don't want to overload them. I'm looking forward to the new tzaangors, it's a shame they have no rules in 40k, for now at least.

They are very tzeentchian and very Thousand Sons, but if exchange some bits with raptor or chosen bits it could work. Or you could cut and scrape away most of the scarabs/tzeench gylphs and bird skulls and replace them with some more undivided chaos green stuff work.

In the last few hours of 2016 my sister and her fiance made my an unsuspected and awesome gift. While entering their home for a small new years eve party an well known and esteemed guest was already waiting for me. It was none other than Magnus the Red himself. 2017 might become an awesome hobby year for me :D Edited by Aasfresser

There are several books and scrolls in the burning chariot set that come with an attached tentacle that fits perfect to the discs, but for now I don't want to overload them. I'm looking forward to the new tzaangors, it's a shame they have no rules in 40k, for now at least.

They are very tzeentchian and very Thousand Sons, but if exchange some bits with raptor or chosen bits it could work. Or you could cut and scrape away most of the scarabs/tzeench gylphs and bird skulls and replace them with some more undivided chaos green stuff work.

Don't the tzaangors have rules? or are their multiple types of tzeentchian beastmen I am getting confused?

Quick update on the demon prince. The base and legs are done. Next step is the torso and maybe the head. I'm rather unsure how to paint the head. I was thinking of something brighter, more like the skin of the last herald of Tzeentch I finished 2 weeks ago. What do you guys think?

Thousand Sons Demonprince of Tzeentch legs Wip1

Thousand Sons Demonprince of Tzeentch legs Wip2

Thousand Sons Demonprince of Tzeentch legs Wip3

There are some new hero units coming out for them in AoS that won't have 40k rules as far as we know.

Exactly. This is what I was thinking.

Edited by Aasfresser

In the last few hour of 2916 sister and her fiance made my an unsuspected and awesome gift. While entering their home for a small new years eve party and well known and esteemed guest was already waiting for me. It was none other than Magnus the Red himself. 2017 might become an awesome hobby year for me :biggrin.:

Maybe tzeentch favour you? :D

That is pretty cool present.  Like wise really great seen the recent updates :D

I think the Tzeentch Demonprince is finished. With only ~ 30 to 45 mins a day of painting I came a long way for this fella. Now that he is painted, I start really liking him.

Thousand Sons Daemon Prince of Tzeentch finished 1

Thousand Sons Daemon Prince of Tzeentch finished 4

Thousand Sons Daemon Prince of Tzeentch finished 2

Thousand Sons Daemon Prince of Tzeentch finished 3

Thousand Sons Daemon Prince of Tzeentch finished 6

Thousand Sons Daemon Prince of Tzeentch finished 5

Hope you like him! There are a few spots I have to revisit, but not in the next few weeks. 

Who knows, maybe he does :D

Maybe tzeentch favour you? :biggrin.:

That is pretty cool present.  Like wise really great seen the recent updates :biggrin.:

Yesterday I had the urge to build something khornate after seeing Augustus b'Raass new Khornate Marines for his Deamonkin. I don't have any of the fancy new AoS Khorne stuff but almost 30 something of the old 40k Berzerkers flying around in my bitzbox, so I was restricted to the rather outdated look. And I now Berzerkers don't have access to eviscerators or chainglaives but I still thought it might look cool. Ingame it will count as one CCW and a bolt pistol (in holster, right hip). I'm thinking of painting him in Black Legion colors, as an Hound of Abadaba, as I already have some Black Legion allies and no real World Eaters. In the end this will be a small unit of khornate CSM or Berzerkers.

Black Legion Hounds of Abaddon test mini wip1

Black Legion Hounds of Abaddon test mini wip12

Next is an Aspiring Sorcerer build from an Dark Angels veteran I used for a botched conversion and some spare parts from the Exalted Sorcerers kit. I want to build a unit of Chosen aka Aspiring Sorcerers for my Thousand Sons. This guy sports a force weapon (mace), bolter and boltpistol. I have to dig into the new Kill Team Rules, just in case they changed in the Kill Team Box, and think of some cool configuration for him and some fitting SRs.

Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer WIP

Ah he finally has arms. Now i can appreciate him much more. Awesome work! :biggrin.:

Thank you! Glad you like him!

After I started converting I couldn't stop. I now have 6 Chosen count-as Aspiring Sorcerers for a Kill Team. Most of them aren't finished. I'm still waiting for some bits to arrive, like some new backpacks. And I need more of those cool collars from the Exalted Sorcerer box. And a new head for the axe-guy.

Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer WIP

Thousand Sons Chosen Aspiring Sorcerer /w Lightning Claw

Thousand Sons Chosen Aspiring Sorcerer /w Power Fist

Thousand Sons Chosen Aspiring Sorcerer /w Power Axe

Thousand Sons Chosen Aspiring Sorcerer /w Melta

Thousand Sons Chosen Aspiring Sorcerer /w Autocannon

Thousand Sons Chosen Aspiring Sorcerer Group2

Thousand Sons Chosen Aspiring Sorcerer Group1

All of them can swap their weapons for a force staff, I just need a few more of those. Some of them are not in their finished form, I have some doubts about some of those weapons choices I made because I thought it looked cool.

By all that is tezeentch you better add the new Lord of Change to your force!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/08/change-is-coming/

Nice! That looks a bit more like a LoC than the old one. He will be such a pain in the ass to paint...

As I've stated yesterday I wasn't sold on some of those kitbashed Chosen/Sorcerers and some bits were missing. Well Today the mailman brought me something long awaited. All in all I the new Exalted Sorcerers box let me build 3 of the Exalted Sorcerers without the need for other bits than those provided, 6 more sorcerers that can be used as Aspiring Sorcerers, Sorcerers or Exalted Sorcerers (or Chose, because every single one has a CCW, a boltpistol somewhere,a bolter and grenades) with the stuff I already had in my bits box. And I could build a complete Sorcerer Lord on Jetbike/Bike/Disc of Tzeentch with only a few extra bits. I just realized how tzeentch and Thousand Sons heavy my bits collection is.

First I build a new Sorcerer for the jetbike I bought last year. Thanks to the new bits he looks so much more impressing, the old one almost lookes primitive in comparison. I took the legs of an aspiring Sorcerer from the new Rubricae Squad, because I thought they would need the least reposing work, I think I was right. All I had to do was some milling with the multitool to make the dent in the right lower leg/knee deeper so that the right leg could be positioned in a straight manner. Than I cut off both legs near the pelvis and fixed them in a fitting way with some florist's wire and fill the gaps with green stuff. Than I wanted the bird-helmet and a collar for him, to go together with the bird skull backpack and a bird skull staff head and the bird claw holding the staff. Very avian heavy. The torso front from the new Rubricae asp. Sorcerer was the only one I think where the cloth thingies were bend backwards, so that it fitted the forward movement of the jetbike. I think I will use him as an TS Lord on Disc of Tzeentch with Seers Bane or as an Sorc to go with bikers or something. Ah, and the staff head can be exchanged for an axeblade or a kopesh blade for some more flexibility. And the whole right arm is exchangeable and could be replaced with a power fist or claw or whatever.

I really love this conversion. Unfortunately the cape I got didn't fit with the vent of the jetbike, I tried some of the other I have used on the Exalted Sorcerers but non fits well with that stupid thing. I need to get another one and cut some space for the vent into it and than use some GS to make it fit and get a smooth transition.

But for now I consider him ready for painting after all the GS is dry. Hope you like him!

Thousand Sons Sorcererlord on Jetbike Conversion 1

Thousand Sons Sorcererlord on Jetbike Conversion 3

Thousand Sons Sorcererlord on Jetbike Conversion 2

Thousand Sons Sorcererlord on Jetbike Conversion 5

Thousand Sons Sorcererlord on Jetbike Conversion 4

Than I revisited yesterdays kitbashed Chosen/Sorcerers. As I wanted every single one of them to have the potion to be fielded as an aspiring Sorcerer or normal Sorcerer on foot I gave every single one a force staff with the option to exchange the staffs head for an axeblade or to exchange the wohle weapon arm with something else. All of them now have nice backpacks and I only need one new helmet and 2 of those fancy popped collars. Ah, and several of those fancy new Tzaangor axes. 

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 1a

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 1b

This guy only got a differen backpack and a cape. I'd like to get some for all of them. Those things fit perfectly to the Rubric Marines backpacks, btw.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 2

New staff. Unfortunately my last 0,8 mm drill bit broke off before I could finish his staff, that's the reason why it looks a bit wonky.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 3

New staff.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 4a

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 4b

This was one of the conversions I wasn't happy with. Now I think he looks way better. He still needs a collar though. I like the bolter strapped to the backpack.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 5b

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 5a

This is now one of my favorites. I wasn't very fond of the staff with the three arms, but now I'm totally in love. And I allways wanted to use one of the khemri shield I have hoarded since their squatting was announced. 

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion 6

This one was my least favorite. Now he needs a collar and a new helmet, both should arrive tomorrow or this week. He needs a different backpack, too. Simply to give him more volume, and a cape. Capes are always good. 

So, hope you like them!

Really nice painting on the Prince, smashing kitbashes for the chosen too.

Thank you!