++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Very, Very nice!!

Altgoigh all that mutation doesn't fit tge Iron Warriors that much.

I think it fits perfectly well. The living damned trapped inside the sarcophagus do not get the same privileges as the rest of the Iron Warriors; their mutations are not cut away. Despite the fact that they are sheathed in iron, those interred with a hellbrute are naked before the ravages of chaos! 

^ No idea where you get that idea. IW and mutations don't mix well, they replace them with bionics. It's a nice conversion though. Maybe just the tentacles just errupt from the Hellbrute right on the battlefield like The Thing, without anyone expecting it.

I am fully aware that optimally the Iron Warrior would prevent such warping from occurring... but this isn't a typical member of the legion. It's a hellbrute. It isn't as if the thing can just take a knife and self-operate. It would require a warpsmith to crack open a hellbrute and cut away the corrupt flesh and then replace it with valuable cybernetics. If the Iron Warrior had already been condemned to living death within a sarcophagus, why would the warpsmiths care enough to bother preventing mutation? The hellbrutes are the mad dogs of the legion.

Iron Warriors are against mutation, but would they bother extending such traditions towards one who failed so catastrophically? Maybe, but I could see why the answer might be a resounding 'no.'

It is the exception that proves the rule.

Edited by Azekai

Thanks for the feedback, but wow, I seem to have started quite the heated discussion. I feel I need to point out that my army is a bit different. My Warlord is technically a 'rogue' Iron Warrior. He wanted to experiment with mutations, but obviously the IW weren't keen on that so he left and continued his work elsewhere. I just put ti here cos I've painted it to look like IW. There's more info in my WIP thread.

But basically, Yes, Normal Iron Warriors would not allow this much mutation, but this Helbrute was not made by a normal Iron Warrior

I'm having someone else convert up my 30k Iron Warriors to have more of a 40k Chaotic aesthetic (green stuff and conversion work are well outside my wheelhouse) and one suggestion they've made is that they go over all the eye lenses, cables and the like to give them some object source lighting and give the models some stronger focus points. Right now the way they're suggesting doing it would look something like this, but I'm a little bit uncertain about that green because it isn't exactly the sort of colour I really associate with Iron Warriors' eye lenses.

I was wondering if any of you guys could give me a second opinion? I haven't got a very good head for colours, contrasts and what "works" when it comes to cohesive paintjobs and army schemes, so I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me what they think about that particular green and whether they think there'd be a better direction to go instead.

Hi all,

I’m looking for a bit of advice. I’ve started an Iron Warriors force and am thinking of adding a unit of Havocs but am not really sure what to arm them with.

With split fire now being a thing in 8th is it worth arming them differently or just go for saturation with one weapon type?

To put it into context the army so far consists of

Chaos lord in Terminator armour.

Chaos Lord

5 Chaos terminators

20 Marines (including 2 unit champions 2 plasma guns, one melta gun and a heavy bolter) to be split as appropriate depending on scenario etc.

Forgefiend

FW Decimator

Lord of Skulls

Also would a squad of 10 marines with bolt pistol and Chainsword be a good addition? I’m thinking they’d be handy but am not sure it fits particularly well with Iron Warriors.

Cheers

Vogon

Could do a squad of khorne berzerkers instead. I'm building up some right now with bp and chain axes that are in mk3 armour and will be painted in IW scheme except they will have a khorne symbol on their opposite shoulder pad and they will be covered in splattered blood

As for havocs i think lascannons or autocannons are both good shouts

I think that I'm missing some melee capability for going and grabbing objectives. I will probably get them a rhino to move them about the board but in games where tactical objectives are used hanging back and shooting always the best idea.

Cheers

Vogon