+++ Unforgiven but not Unknown +++

Isiah

Name: Hephaestus

Country/State: Arkansas when in school and Kentucky when not

Time spent in hobby: A little over two years

Armies collected: I started with Fantasy Empire and then made the jump to Imperial Guard for 40k

and then found my home with the Unforgiven in the Tower of Angels

Make your mark: I read way too much Dark Angels fluff for the sake of my sanity.

Name: Big T

Country/State: UK / Lincolnshire

Time spent in hobby: About four years (this time round).

Armies collected: Wolves, Guard, Witch hunters, Necrons, Tau, and just started DA.

Make your mark: Love to paint, love to play, don't get enough time for either.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Nostromo
Country/State: Germany, Area of Cologne/Bonn
Time spent in hobby: about 25 years
Armies collected: High Elves, now Dark Angels, Deathwing
Make your mark: pingo ergo sum. I started collecting DAs when the Model for Bethor was launched, but for several years the army consisted of only a few models that i simply bought for painting. Around 2005 madness seems to have clouded my mind and before i knew what happened, 500 points expanded to 5000 points - and by now somewhere around 10.000 points.

Name: Phil

Country/State: USA, Virginia

Time spent in hobby: 5 years (off and on)

Armies collected: Dark Angels, it's the only army for me :)

Make your mark: Been a long time "Watcher in the Dark" and thought it was time to introduce my self. Uh to make my mark I'll say this. So far I'm the only Space Marine player in my little gaming group not to fall to chaos. Gotta love my Word Bearer freind, he really takes converting seriously :P

Name: James

Country/State: U.S.A.

Time spent in hobby: 2-3 days a week

Armies collected: Dark Angels (duh!), Bretonnia

Make your mark: 1 0n 1's I fail the Lion and Emperor, but when allied with battle-brothers of other chapters my dice roll like they're loaded?!? When you see a rusted out chavy land speeder watchout its the master of the rustwing!

Name: Joe

Country/State: London - UK

Time spent in hobby: 10 years with a break in the middle

Armies collected: 40k Saim Haan, Dark Elder and Dark Angels (by far the most enjoyable of the 3 so far) WFB Wood Elves (my first), Chaos Dwarves and soon Fanatical Empire

Make your mark: You know you have had a bad luck in a game when your opponent offers to sell you their dice for the rest of the tournament - yes, that is sadly a true story

Name: Wraithwing (AKA Dan)

Country/State: Wolverhampton, UK

Time spent in hobby: 11 years, on and off.

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, 13th Company, Storm Lords, Tau, Orks and WFB Orcs and Goblins for a time.

Make your mark: I was known in the local area as Dark Angel Dan. I still get kids coming up to me in my local GW asking if I'm him. Its hard being famous... :ph34r:

Name: Brother Decon AKA Arthur

Country/State: USA/Wyoming

Time spent in hobby: 5 Years

Armies collected: Dark Angels

Make your mark: USMC, 0311 Infantry, Corporal Honorable Discharge twice, Father of 3. Airsoft and Warhammer enthusiast.

Name: Brother Nazarel (Aka Mike)

Country/State: Singapore

Occupation: Currently about to be discharged from the army, freelance swordplay and stunt choreographer.

Time spent in hobby: I've been recently been introduced into Warhammer 40k by a friend who used to play it.

Armies collected: Well, when I get enough cash, i'm getting the Dark Angels army.

Make your mark: Writing, sketching, photography, film-making, cosplaying, swordplay

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Robbie

Country/State: Illinois, USA

Time spent in hobby: 4 years

Armies collected: First started with DA then I discarded them for Tyranids and Chaos and resently decided to go back to me roots and repent have my mind "flushed" and re-enter the DA army,(YAY mindless servitor!)

Make your mark: I generally play with "unorodoxed" armies, trading smart for fun (my nids have no set of "swarm" or Nidzilla". But my DA are my pride of my Imperium. But since I aboandoned them about 3 years ago, I bring them back as an army of Fallen band together to survive, and eventually repent for there deeds.(I have Cypher as a Company Master with a plasma pistol and a bolt pistol as his power weapon, ha ha.)

Name: tk421

Country/State: Va./US.

Time spent in hobby: 21yrs

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Death Korps of Krieg, Necron

Make your mark: It's great to see all these DA players!

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Clarek

Country/State: Viginia (USA)

Time spent in hobby: Little over a year

Armies collected: Dark Angels (Started with Ultra, then saw the new DAs and got hooked) <_<

Make your mark: Enjoy the hobby, though painting is a bane to my existence...once I actually sit down and do it, it's fun, though. Just takes me awhile to get any decent amount of painting done. Also trying to recruit some people to play...not too many 40k (or any kind of table gaming) people around here.

Name: Einhander Iniq

Country/State: ON, Canada

Time spent in hobby: Two years

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Tau

Make your mark: A big fan of special purpose units that can dictate the pace and flow of the game to my opponent. Love modelling and assembling, suffer through painting with a total lack of artistic skill. Love a good strategic, challenging game but believe that a game where everyone involved had fun is better than a game I won outright but my opponent had a miserable time.

Name: Krewl

Country/State: South Holland Netherlands

Time spent in hobby: 14 (-ish..) years

Armies collected: Dark Angels (Angels of Vengeance), Traited Space Marines, Grey Knights/Deamonhunters, Chaos

Make your mark: I started with DA successor, but I was so bad at painting I have no models left from that period. I dropped the hobby from start 3rd. and picked it up when the 4rd. came around. I then started to get serious about it and started playing in local tournies where I feel that I am now competent enough to play for real (Though absolutely not in the big leagues.) I enjoy all strategy games, so for me the game is the hobby, painting the sadly required part to not start at a disadvantage when at a tournament.

I paint so slowly that I actually (Shame on me yes I know) joined the unforgiven campaign for the fall of medusa and then I failed to actually participate...

Now we are about 1,5 years later and I actually have a few lists fully painted and ready for tournaments.. :-)

Name: Commander Skaav

Country/State: England, Great Britain

Time spent in hobby: 7 years and counting

Armies collected: Originally Space Marines, but have gone over to Chaos in both Marines and Traitor Guard

Make your mark: Currently working on a more rounded Chaos Undivided army (the bulk of which is Nurglesque, that being my Renegades), The other sections of my army include some Iron Warrior Terminators and a Terminator Lord from the same legion, a Tzeentch Terminator Sorceror (having a Lord with an undivided mark helps me to explain why I have a Tzeentch Sorceror whilst most of my army is Nurgle!). Other units in progress are -

Traitor Stormtroopers (using converted Space Marine Scouts, and will be painted in the colours of Alpha Legion), Traitor Guard Command squad in Blood Pact colours (to go with my Blood Pact Baneblade), Alpha Legion Rhino and Squad (I feel they not only add a bit more colour to my army, but also give me the excuse that they are used to recruit members of the Traitor Guard).

Name: krystalmesh (josh to the common folk)

Country/State: nyc

Time spent in hobby: 8 years

Armies collected: dark angels and death guard

Make your mark: determined to keep my motivation and complete my 2k DA force (even if it kills me) just getting back into the hobby from 3rd, and looking forward to finishing my dark angels and actually fielding an army i am proud of (something about primer black just isnt as impressive on the table)

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Epy

Country/State: Beijing, China -- I'm sure there is few from my country here.. :D

Time spent in hobby: 2 years but not Games-workshop models

Armies collected: Gathering Dark Angels~

Make your mark: Firstly I'm from China and I must admit that I'm not very confident of using this language, haha. However I will be learning, both playing with DA army and writing English~~ Really love DA troops' robes. Really!

Name: Dave

Country/State: England when at University, Scotland during the holidays.

Time spent in hobby: 2 years

Armies collected: Started with a few Dark Eldar troops that my brother had lying around, but later progressed to a DIY DA successor chapter.

Make your mark: I love the converting and painting of models as well as creating the fluff for my DIY chapter. Haven't had many chances to play games.

Name: Shadow Guard

Country/State: Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA

Occupation: Surgeon, (Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary & Liver Transplantation Surgery) and full time University Academic / Lecturer, Father of 4 year old daughter!!

Time spent in hobby: Ten years

Armies collected: Deathwing Army, Dark Angel Successor Army.

Make your mark: B+C Moderator, Keeper of the Fortress of the Unforgiven Web Site, a few mentions in the dispatches in GW publications, member of the Inner Circle and Admin of the Gathering of Angels Board, Collector of large volumes of Dark Angel miniatures and past 40K related out of print games and collectibles including all FW books, BL Spacemarine related books, White dwarf issues 1 & 2 as well as all issues from #93 onwards and writing Dark Angel background and fiction when I once had the time!

Archived