Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

really cant be arsed to do my shadowsword now after seeing this. 

you thought about making some of them 'dischords' to scatter around your army (them weird servo skull things that they have in the word bearers novels)

Raz,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for all of your hard work and dedication! You are a truly talented individual and this thread has provided me and I'm sure many others with a ton of inspiration!

Second, let me tell you a story. Once upon a time I found this thread and was blown away by your work. I shared it with my gaming club and there was much rejoicing. Then, some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years (okay, more like 5 years), this thread passed out of all knowledge (in other words I lost the link to it).

I scoured the internet looking for various amalgamations of keywords relating to Chaos, Blood, Gore, Goresplosions, Cool, Paint, etc, etc, etc, and always came up empty-handed. I posted on Dakka Dakka, Warseer, and the Bell of Lost Souls forums, and no one ever had a clue what I was talking about (boooo!). Until one day, I remembered that you were doing "Word Bearers" and not "World Eaters", and BAM! I found the thread again! But lo and behold I was amazed to find that there had been much more progress made than my last visit; the thread was still alive!

Fast forward to present day, a year later. Once again I was looking for your post but since I had shared your thread in numerous places and this time written it down lol, I was easily able to find it. And again I'm in a state of pure amazement. A Warhound Titan? Starting work on the Primarch models from FW? OMG!

I really can't wait to see how this thread progresses, and I want to thank you again for showing people what a real Chaos Space Marine army should look like!

Thanks,

-Dave

Thanks, everyone. SlavesToDarkness, I've actually already done a pair of Discords using Infinity bitz, some Dirge Casters and some CSM horns and shoulderpads. Would like to do more at some point. In my limited experiences with 6e, they've served me as Heavy Stubber dudesmen in my shooty cultist squad. Flamers are probably more appropriate but I've already got a bunch of those modeled.

So, more progress on the Terminator Sorcerer. Found a Guardsman arm to have stickin' out of the hellmouth, and I KEEP ADDING MORE FIRE. MOAAAR! There was a point where this needed to stop and we've clearly passed it, but let's keep on going and see what happens.

gallery_39401_2771_115193.jpg

This seriously has to stop at some point, but I've got it in my head now that it needs more mouths. Tiny ones, probably, but definitely more mouths. I think I'm done adding height and such to it at least.

In other news, I've primed Lorgar, Angron, the Land Raider Avarice and a second Land Raider Phobos. Wanted to get stuck in on that revamp, but... dude, Primarchs. Angron first.

Thanks guys. Biohazard, I dunno, I've always had it in my head that Angron's armor should be entirely metallic - all bronze, with maybe a bit of gold here and there. Speaking of which...

gallery_39401_2771_101995.jpg

After a layer of Hashut and some Auric Armor highlights, I used some watered-down Leviathan Purple on the armor, it REALLY brought out a lot of extra color. It still needs some work but it's definitely coming along. Probably going to go up to pure silver with the highlights in a few places. Also started basecoating reds (which I'm pretty much restricting to just the leather bits), and the purple on the dead EC marine on his base (the other two will be World Eaters - although it's tempting to do all three of them as Ultramarines...).

In other news I've basecoated Lorgar's grey bits (was listening to Butcher's Nails and had to do SOMETHING on him). Not very interesting in terms of photography. Don't want to get him too far along while I'm still working on Angron, either, but he'll definitely be next.

Hey I have some advice in regards to creating contrast on the pauldrons. You could do a couple of things and here are my recs in that regard. 

The raised areas should be more 'polished' IE they receive more contact with other surfaces and become more beat up or polished. Depends on how you look at it. Anyway, to the point I'd reccomend that on the raised areas you work silver into your gold and work all the way up to Mithril Silver. Add scuff marks etc. Next on the recessed areas of the pauldron you can take a fine detail brush and add deep shading directly to the deepest areas of the pauldrons. Use a dark wash like Nuln oil, I'd even recommend adding some abbadon black. I call this black lining and I think it can make features pop out of the mini. Additionally, you could add some petina by watering down some biel tan green wash and also applying this directly to recesses of the pauldrons and avoid the raised areas. 

• 4 weeks later...

That Terminator Sorcerer is INSANE! So over the top but so good :devil: Great green-stuff work and the skulls around the spear look awesome. 

Angron is coming along nicely as well. Nice shading on the armour.

Thanks, Kizzdougs. GalVorbak99, I advise working in sections rather than doing all the flame at once, just to make sure you don't accidentally squish any of it while handling the model. On a similar note, if you're going to have any large protrusions of flame, build it in layers. Otherwise my usual technique with flame is just to stab the GS repeatedly, pulling it up slightly as you stab it. As it's curing, go back and make sure it's not curling or dropping in any way you don't like.

So, it's been almost a whole month, MOAR ANGRON!

gallery_39401_2771_194634.jpg

Not a whole lot of progress, the only things I'm considering finished here are the gold on his armor, the white-ish areas on the World Eater's armor (although I'll be doing quite a bit of mud-n'-bloodification on that), and the scar-grid pattern on the forehead. I really wanted to emphasize his scars, but this pattern kind of emerged on its own with successive washes and highlights and I ran with it. Other than that, the face is very WIP - I need to pick out the teeth and the cheeks need to be lighter. Also need to give the red tattoos more definition. Kinda torn on whether the eyes are too bugged out, or just the right amount of crazed - thoughts?

The grey-ish marine on the left will be a World Eater eventually, I was toying with making him a Son of Horus but I don't want to go too crazy with colors here. Speaking of which, the blue on the WE's shoulderpads and backpack will be toned down significantly to match how dingy the rest of the armor looks. Oh, and the red on his stump is just a placeholder for the usual Tamiya Clear Red mix.

I'm almost done with my classes for this semester so progress should pick up again soon. Then again I tell myself that every summer.

So, more progress on the Terminator Sorcerer. Found a Guardsman arm to have stickin' out of the hellmouth, and I KEEP ADDING MORE FIRE. MOAAAR! There was a point where this needed to stop and we've clearly passed it, but let's keep on going and see what happens.

This sentence - and the model to which it refers - simply reaffirms that Raz is one of my Chaotic Hobby Heroes on here - love it :D

Archived