Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

That guy is awesome. Personally, I quite like the helmet, but then I also love the bat-wing helms. ;)

I think my favourite touch is the Guardsman. There's something about the two poses that combines to provide a very strong narrative. "I'll deal with you in a minute, after I'm done pointing dramatically!."

Terminator is finished and awaiting a painted base. Pictures up later.

Barret i'm glad you like the pose and narrative associated with it. I spent a lot of time trying to get a certain feel across and i think you see it perfectly.

Marshall Brant

I didn't want to do clawed feet because they kind of bother me. The original metal models looked like the marines feet were replaced with bionics. If someone asked me to chop my own feet off to fit in my armor i would laugh at them. I went with those boots for a reason, my commander doesn't want to cut his own feet off for some forgotten raptor cult with lousy rules.

Nihm, I tried building a legit raptor head a couple of months ago and failed pretty miserably. I went with this one and like how it is a little different, but still somewhat similar.

gallery_31335_1757_4786.jpg

Kind of comical... ^_^

Back to painting a base!

Dan

Marshall Brant

I didn't want to do clawed feet because they kind of bother me. The original metal models looked like the marines feet were replaced with bionics. If someone asked me to chop my own feet off to fit in my armor i would laugh at them. I went with those boots for a reason, my commander doesn't want to cut his own feet off for some forgotten raptor cult with lousy rules.

I hear you I have a set of raptors and I just don't like them very much. I'd be nice if FW would come out with some raptors of their own. Thats as likely to happen as Codex: Chaos Legions is to be released...

Anyways I'm lovin the demon mouthed heavy flamer BTW very chaos-y.

PS: you can call me MB if you wish.

Very good painting. Excellent and creative conversion work, all the models look like individuals. I like how the Alpha legion models look suitably disguised as loyalists in lieu of their traditional paint scheme.

My only gripe is the use of flayed ones claws on marines as lighting claws, it always looks terrible to me and I’m afraid you haven’t sold me on it either. But that is the only thing I would change to these very well made models, keep up the good work.

Edited by Shaun Carlin

sooooo after two super clean baths and some hard work i'm at this stage in painting.

gallery_31335_3800_7416.jpg

Claws, guardsman, and some minor details still unfinished. I liked him too much to keep him hidden so i'm putting up progress pics.

trying to decide on guardsman colors...

enjoy! <_<

Love the guardsman's expression, it looks like he was running and the lord just pounced on him winding him. You can almost feel his ribs snapping.

I dont like the purple claws, i think they should be metal and dripping with blood, like Raz's scorpion here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...5&start=275

Edited by Mithril hound

My eyes are killing me :pinch:

gallery_31335_1757_49211.jpg

minor update with crappy pics. I've been working on my rides for a couple of days and have gotten the hang of my new airbrush. I'm considering going back and re-doing my AL pred. We'll see i guess.

On the lord, Thanks for the many replies and responses guys. He hasn't changed much since his last picture so when he does i'll be sure to get some pics up. still undecided on guardsman color. I may do something dark/black.

Quixus the helmet is from the possessed sprue with some carving and putty work. The guardsman arm i made from an empire archer hand and some other human bits. There's an actual bone bit sticking out of his arm from the VC ghouls sprue, Necessary? of course.

WNxKilljoy I haven't made a tutorial but i'm not doing anything real fancy. I start the model with Necron abyss

Necron/regal

regal

regal enchanted

enchanted

-then badaab black to shade

make sure everything is watered down and just play around with it. I do multiple coats of each color in thin layers to keep it neat.

must prepare for WargamesCon!

Dan