Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Jojobongos; The process is getting easier and i'll see about getting some pictures as i do the next marine. I lost a lot of motivation after I lost the camera and I let some things slip.

New personal project.

he's not glued together yet so i can rotate his head and torso. Any opinions on pose?

gallery_31335_1757_37790.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_85230.jpg

The stride and shoot, or the tall and thoughtful.

Thanks,

Dan

:D this is what you've been working on behind my back!?

Damn dude. That looks pretty freakin sweet.

I have to agree with heathen though, he looks much better with the guns a blazing pose, mainly because of the way the loin cloth and skulls are swinging to the other direction.

P.S. Get back on msn boy.

Edited by noctus cornix

Another masterpiece of a monstrosity in the making I see. Between the two, I like #1 the most.

I'd consider trying one more though: starting with pose #2, turn the head further to his left, his torso about 15-20 degrees further to his left, rotate the claw arm backwards at the shoulder by about 70 degrees. The Lascannon could either be largely pointed upwards in a Hollywood style Cowboy like pose ("Dead or alive you are coming with me. You have 15 seconds to comply") sort of pose, while pointing it downward would give him a menacing sort of "I seeeee youuuu" prowling pose. The main problem with these is that the cloth and chains show momentum going from left to right, whereas these two poses would be more right to left.

May not be worth the trouble, just felt I'd share what sort of pose I'd put him in myself. Keep the insanity flowing, if you please :lol:

Wow Dan every update is making me drool. Really top notch stuff! From the posing, to the last stroke with the painbrush everything just screams character. The dread looks damn nice and the screaming skulls on the chains just makes the whole thing pop in my opinon, And I do agree with the others that the striding pose matches the flow of the tabbard best . Nice base as well!

The objective was nice as well but the best thing of the whole blog, in my opinon, is the raptors. They have so much character and the details and sculpting really ties them together as a squad while keeping the individual.

Wonderfull work mate please do never stop! You are a inspiration to us all

Cheers

Pose 1 is awesome and makes him come alive.. "hunting and killing anything in his path" non shall eskape his wrath.. Love it and love to see your work as always mate!!! Hope to see more soon.... You are the best!

Cheers and salute mate!! ;)

nothing new on the camera then i guess ? No one who has found it and is kind and nice ?

Edited by Xavier Targhost

I think the first pose is the best, definately more dynamic and interesting to look at. Saying that though the second pose looks menacing/eerie as he stands firm, calmly viewing the battlefield. ^_^ Edited by Pulse

This might seem out of place considering the large amount of people screaming pose 1 at you, but might I suggest an amalgamation of the two?

You have Pose 1's stride and head tilt to the side like it's menacingly looking at something and having the lascannon arm lower adds to that effect and overall it would add into your already established dynamic of the army, no overt actions but still conveying terror.

On a more modelling note, how did you go about extending his legs? I noticed the conversion work and would love a picture of it's behind (no pun intended)

I like the IW head on that dread. Best head of them all in my opinion. I also agree on the shooting pose.

I have a question about this:

gallery_31335_1757_28841.jpg

Does that combi-bolter come separate or did you have to carve it off the power fist? Either way, it looks really good mounted on the lightning claw.

I like the IW head on that dread. Best head of them all in my opinion. I also agree on the shooting pose.

I have a question about this:

Does that combi-bolter come separate or did you have to carve it off the power fist? Either way, it looks really good mounted on the lightning claw.

It comes attached and required ruining the power fist in order to get it off. You could probably make it work with a normal box mag and storm bolter in a pinch though.

Dread got glued together similarly to pose #1. Painting stages now. I'm of the mindset the second pose really made the model come to life. I may have to go break him apart...Grr.

Dan