Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Read your log from page 1 to 35 and I think I have a nosebleed from the awesomeness. Really enjoyed your creative work with the AL and NL. I would like to copy your take on the Wraiths/Plague Marines and Thousand Sons because that is a great way to add them into an undivided/not so religious army. I also look forward to seeing your Termie with skull-helm painted up.

Looking forward to more Dan!

I'd say the skull helmet is from the Legion of the Damned Sergeant with the axe.

I see. :) I'm planning of using a similar skull helmet for my future Dark Apostle. Perhaps the chaplain's skull helmet would be nicer? I have a feeling it was hard removing the head from the body :P

Cythzar

The helmet is indeed from the LotD champ w/ axe. I had to ruin the model to get the helmet off and do some GS work to add the parts of the back helmet i ruined in the process. I really enjoy the helmet and it took me a while to decide who to use it on.

Projects are slowing down due to a handful of things.

The dread is primed and basecoated. (needs more lascannon playtesting)

The Raptors are primed and basecoated. (waiting if their weapon load out is something i want to continue running)

The Terminator Chaplain is primed and basecoated. (i'm questioning if i'll continue the project as i don't seem to find room for an abby counts as, or another termi armed the way this one is)

Thanks for the support and comments guys!

Dan

it'd be a shame to see the chaplain go to waste, but it seems like you could switch out the armament pretty easily if you needed to. do you always play the models before you start painting them, or do you have an army list already worked out which you just add things to?

• 2 weeks later...

Un-freaking believable!

I am going to be spending a lot of time on this thread as I begin to build my army, and maybe aspire to create a thread that catalogues an armie's growth even slightly as well as you have.

You're an inspiration Dan!

This truly is an amazing Night Lords army. Very inspirational, I hate them, envy them and admire them all at the same time if that makes any sense. :lol:

I didn't realise so many people do this true-scaling thing for space marines... I'm gona have to get in on this game, though a little toned down, maybe just the spacer in between the torso and legs, just to make my Night Lords a little more taller and fear inspiring, especially for my terminators, GW makes them too small and squat in my opinion. And I definitely need to add berzerkers to my company, always kinda wanted to, especially with the forge world zerker helms, with a little filing and add-ons here and there...