Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

WoW! that HB guy is amazing! just like the art but better, hate to say this about a chaos marine but he looks rather angelic like, and i love how you finally found a use for your apothecary, the claw is way better on him. Cant belive you had the time to put so many guys togather!

hate to say this about a chaos marine but he looks rather angelic like

.........ANGEL OF DEATH

But seriously that HB raptor looks absolutely stunning. If i may ask, how the **** do you pin that guy up in the air and please tell me its sturdy. Cant wait to see this Raptor squad finished. I think we are still waiting on that TuT for dan-sizing also. :) Keep the great work coming Dan.

The Raptor lord perched on the guardsman is from the new raptor lord, Each of the new raptors within the past couple of weeks have been using the older raptor packs from the metal set. I still have like another ten of them I'm compelled to use...we'll see i guess.

Dan sizing tut is just about halfway done. I believe I've taken all the pics i need, just need to compile them and get some writing up. Might not happen for another week or two, I'm going out of town for two weddings (one of them mine) and I'm getting pretty swamped.

Congrates mate and glad to hear! ^_^ and sweet as he*l new raptors there mate love that you use the pauldrums from metal raptors on them aswell! The new one with the heavy bolter looks wickedly nice :) and love the " Apothecary" with the single lightningclaw!!!

Have an awesome wedding and best of wishes for you!

Cheers and a very big salute!

Glad you guys liked the HB raptor. I wasn't sure how well something like that would be received but it looks like he won't be much of a problem.

NO pictures this update, lame i know, I've just been brainstorming a lot lately during dance lessons and seating charts. Normally I brainstorm while modeling but I don't have the time available right now. So i'm making a wish list of sorts, some stuff i'm thinking about and planning and i'd love to hear opinions and remarks.

What i'd like to incorporate into the 18th Co

Some way of modeling a possessed marine. Up until this point all of my guys have been devoid of mutations and warp influence. They have been modeled as a band of elite fighting mercenaries united by their original allegiance and mission. The few individuals touched by the warp were beaten into submission or killed off, the survivors find themselves in a special squad to repent their sins by way of endless fighting. I'd like to take a step away from this with a couple of guys and show some serious warp/god/daemon influences without souring the makeup that i've worked on so far.

I'm thinking of Word bearers but it i don't want to digress from the original legion too far.

Besides that option i'm looking at creating a Sorcerer model to either lead the 1kson trophies, or to stick in a squad. He's in the modeling stage. And then an idea for a techmarine, or voluntold tech marine in the 18th to maintain all the vehicles and gear.

Just some brainstorming.

Dan

Perhaps your 'possessed' could have a similar thing to the blood angels black rage. They surcome to visions of the death of the primach, and are outcasts from the rest of the warband. But they are not contolled and are given free reign of their mad skills.

Modelwise, they could have glowing runes on their armour to represent their anger over the death of Kurze taking pysical form, they could have improvised wargear to show that they do not resupply. You could go crazy with lightning ?

My 2 cents

Edited by lord gunthar

Lord Gunthar I like where you're coming from. Instead of trying to some some wild "counts as" modeling i would like to just model some possessed marines. I'm just trying to think of a way that they would be allowed to live if they were members of my company, or why my boys would fight beside them. What i'm really aching to do is some chaos stuff, what i've done up until this point has been angry outcast marines.

Make subtle changes. Not the full-blown possession the normal models have. A fanged maw here a tentacle there and maybe some discoloration of skin or armor.

I remember that in a novel, I think it was "Dark Apostle", the possessed marines did not look like the models we're used to all ther time but only when the daemon was let out (or in) and warped them.

Edited by Quixus

Humm.. a tricky one.. though id suggest that with your nice skills of the brown stuff and awesome modeler skills maby do some minor possessions parts like the warp has befould them in the ways of say bestial features of the face and kracks in the armours where demonic weardness springs forth? in a way that makes them look like there armour cant sustane ther warping bodies.. and kracks upp and splitt for the dark "gifts" to show them self.. maby have a sorcerer (champion ) corupting them in a way as the fluff part.. maby...

Hope it helps in some ways!

Cheers and salutations!

there was a short story, i believe it was in "heroes of the space marines" about the night lords, where the army was divided between those who were extremely disciplined and abhorred chaotic mutation and those who thrived on it. the unmutated marines, hated and where disgusted by the mutated ones, but still fought alongside them. similar to the conflicted personality of the night haunter himself, i.e. "one side thrives on focus the other eats fear." and theres this whole element of competition, between the two groups.so yeah id recommend reading that story, "nightfall" i believe it was called. if your looking for some inspiration for night lords possessed marines. cant wait to see what you come up with :)

One idea I always loved, inspired by a friend of mine, is mixing the squad with both possessed and non-possessed marines, but having the possessed chained up with collars, being "goaded" into battle by regular Chaos Brothers. Use little lengths of chain from craft stores and go to town! :)

Humm.. a tricky one.. though id suggest that with your nice skills of the brown stuff and awesome modeler skills maby do some minor possessions parts like the warp has befould them in the ways of say bestial features of the face and kracks in the armours where demonic weardness springs forth? in a way that makes them look like there armour cant sustane ther warping bodies.. and kracks upp and splitt for the dark "gifts" to show them self.. maby have a sorcerer (champion ) corupting them in a way as the fluff part.. maby...

Hope it helps in some ways!

Cheers and salutations!

+2

Attempt to model a multitude of cracks in the armour, with daemonic skin binding the Ceramite together and not allowing it to split, it might look good, depending on how you interpret it...

Arenis

Honored brother of the Taurus marines. Joined up with my 18th raptors.

gallery_31335_1757_181.jpg

Cool! :) In the Legion's background, new recruits get put in the Legion's 'Raptor' (Jump Pack) squads to prove themselves. I think it makes sense that one of them will have made their way in to the midst of your Raptors :)

Looking forward to what you make next!