Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

thanks for sticking with the project guys. It's been a little bit but I've still been working. I have a new raptor WIP to show and some new projects I'm really excited about. Regretfully here comes the bad news...

I lost my camera.

This fact blows, I know. Not only because I'm going to have a hard time getting 40k Pics, but also because I lost ALL of the personal pictures of my wedding and honeymoon. This fact does not go un-acknowledged by my wife (if that was even a word) but it also means less updates ( see blows)

That is, unless I revive my old camera from the flipping warp. Yeah, silver lining alright. I've got a project coming up that I'm really excited about and that will satisfy all of my gripes, wants, and needs for the 18th. I'm a superstitious guy and really don't want to hype anything up until i think its worth it so I'll go ahead and stop there. Thanks for the bump, I'm still kicking.

Dan

dloinch

Super clean kicks primer butt. Sometimes it depends on how old it is though. I have some marines that were primed in '07 that had most of it removed after a 3-4 day bath. It's awesome stuff but depends a lot on age and thickness of paint. It's all i use to remove anything though and there's a sweet spot around day 1-2 where GS and BS remain unaffected. The metal shoulder-pads are from the GW range.

Raptors are looking awesome. Everytime I check in here I look for an update in this thread.

For the Possessed why not go really wild with the mutations, have them really stand out from the other renegades and have an Aspiring Champion as a sort of beast herder to keep them in check?

Bio

First i think you are indeed :cussed with losing the pics of the wedding and honeymoon! I feel your loss!

Second dan i love you work! A true inspiration for any warhammer 40k player!

The ratpors i really dig them. No toughts about winged ones? Possed aren't my favorite looking ones in the chaos universe. So i think you will make some wicked ones :wacko:

cheers!

Possessed CA have been brainstormed pretty well but I haven't started them. I doubt I will attack the project at all as I've been motivated by other stuff lately.

First up, After all the questions about Brown stuff compaired to GS i had to go back and try some Green out. I put the finishing touches on a couple of unfinished projects.

The sorc leading them is being re-done and i'm spending a lot of time and effort on him. More on him as he develops. Some stolen Rubrics.

gallery_31335_1757_18196.jpg

Raptor #3 re-done. Taurus Raptor weapons switched up.

gallery_31335_1757_30256.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_14593.jpg

Then this guy. As heavy Bolters in Chaos lists go it's kind of a waste and i've had a really difficult time trying to get the weapon in my lists. I had a Raptor carrying it for a bit but decided against this due to strict WYSIWYG Tourneys. My main motivation was Mercutian making the HB cool again in The Core. As models go he's pretty much finished, however he's to be part of a bigger piece involving all of the awesome stuff I want to model, but can't reasonably fit into an army list.

gallery_31335_1757_57695.jpg

Oh, and i'm back to my old crappy camera. Please excuse the poor photos.

Dan

Very nice done there mate once more!! :D

Sorry to hear about the cam... :P that sucks!

Love the new "3" raptor btw looks wicked and cool with n awesome gun i might add!

And i guess that the sweet a*s Heavy bolter dude will have some aditional gear in his belt too like some big ammo packs? Big brutal hulk of a heavy gunner :tu: hehe... Rubrics looks very sweet too btw ;) hehe.. allot of curiosity to how there champion "master" will look like and how you aim to paint them ^_^ Good to have you back mate!!! you have been missed allot!

Cheers and salutations!

AWESOME STUFF DAN!!!!

your stuff is amazingly awesome and chaotic, you some of the best models i have ever seen!

your alpha legionares are inspiring and the same with your night lords, you have captured the true brutality and chaos within your marines.

your means of true scale is increadably useful and i have already stolen your count as oblit idea :tu:

keep up the awesome minitures lord!

Sorry to drag this up but it is a serious level of awesomeness and inspiration. I'm selling off my old, unpainted, un worked on Night Lords in order to spend time and care to do them to this level of greatness.

Thank you.

Now... where on Earth is the Raptor's sword from? Raptor 2 specifically has a nasty looking one...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the time between posts. Things have been hectic lately and I have been doing more carving then painting.

Here's the stuff i've been working on.

This guy is on his fourth re-pose. I think I will keep this one.

gallery_31335_1757_2199.jpg

New raptor.

gallery_31335_1757_29373.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_10618.jpg

He will most likely be the standard bearer for whichever mark i choose, or he'll just be naked. I considered making a second raptor with another polearm as kind of a mini honor guard. Maybe some old legion relics filtered down into the raptor squad. I still may do this so i'd love to hear what you guys think about the glaive weapon.

Then some armor. All of the NL armor blasting shields in Throne of Lies motivated this little project. Not sure if i want to add some trophy racks with skulls or not. It would drive the Nl theme, but wouldn't fit into the other NL vehicles. I would have to go back and mess with them. Not sure if it's worth it.

gallery_31335_1757_29208.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_25973.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_89628.jpg

I made the sponsons out of heavy bolters and Baneblade lascannons. I don't like the original ones and feel these are a little sleeker. I did some serious frame/armor building on this guy.I cut the exhaust shields down in the front to make sure the las got it's full line of sight and got some rear engine turbines in there too.

The Heavy Bolter raptor was awesome, I miss him, but he'll be showing up soon somewhere cool.

Raptor Sword #2 is a chaos warrior weapon haft, a power weapon housing, with a skaven blade stuck in there. I love it, but i'm not sure if i should replicate it. more might decrease the cool factor. dunno yet.

The upscale picture/tut is on standby. I might have what pictures i took before my trip on the computer, but haven't checked yet. I will see what i can do about it.

thanks for looking!

C&C welcome,

Dan

More looting! Make more of the Night Lords' equipment look like stolen (and repainted) components from other Legions/Chapters. Another cool touch would be if some characters (on a large base I guess) would have their personal slaves, kind of like Septimus in Soul Hunter.

Well here's the stuff i worked on since earlier today.

Some different shots of the Pred.

gallery_31335_1757_93215.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_65371.jpg

The turret shields are from the Forge World extra predator armor. I really like them as they do remind me of a Bradley. In fact that was my vision for thie tank so i'm glad you noticed.

I considered shotening the barrel and dropping some expended shells on the canopy but decided against it. Maybe next time.

Raptor # 7 i think, maybe six, forgot to count...

gallery_31335_1757_17537.jpg

Worked on the combat landing while still actively engaging threats. I like him. Forgot to give him a flamer, so i guess i'll be making another one. Worked hard on his legs to get rid of the angelic BA poses and just go for power, agility and speed. For the first time in the 18th a marine is carrying a gift from the gods. His chainsword has been infused with a daemonic essence. I'm thinking about creeping some chaos into an otherwise renegade unaligned force.

Group shot, without heads.

gallery_31335_1757_78706.jpg

Future for raptors. Flamer marine and honor guard # 2 holding the re imagined pole arm yet to show up.

On a side note. I'm toying with the idea of accepting some commission work. I love the art, themes, and stories you can tell with just one model (or a few) so i'm open to requests if anyone is interested. Pm me for details, and if your idea is kick ass enough I may just do it for free.

I want to share my art

Hope you guys enjoyed.

Dan

Edited by Dan The Deamon

Glorious work as ever, dude. My one bit of concern is actually for that Bradley turret. It seems to sit a bit high on the model, and kind of throws off the "flow" of its profile. Just my two bits.

Everything else is stellar. Your army is the reason people get pulled to the dark side :)

Good GODS this army just gets better and better. That group shot of the Raptors will be sheer diamond-covered platinum once they're done. As it is I even saved it. How exactly did you repose the legs on the badass motherf***er though? (I think you know which one) Can we get a rear shot of him? I'd like to get a pose like that...