Interested in a conversion challenge?

I'll be asking questions here now in light of my previous blunder :)

How far does the count-as thing go in representing weapons? In your example you used the Blazing Axe of Khornate SomethingSomething Slaughter to represent Seth's Blood Reaver, but to what extent can this be used? Can Azrael's Sword of Secrets be represented by a polearm, or a mace for example?

Edit: Does he need Dark Angels iconography?

I'll be asking questions here now in light of my previous blunder :P

How far does the count-as thing go in representing weapons? In your example you used the Blazing Axe of Khornate SomethingSomething Slaughter to represent Seth's Blood Reaver, but to what extent can this be used? Can Azrael's Sword of Secrets be represented by a polearm, or a mace for example?

Edit: Does he need Dark Angels iconography?

I'll answer the simpler question first: Does he need Dark Angels Iconography?

Nope. No chapter iconography is required.

As for the weapon: Azreal is armed with a sword so what ever your model is equiped with, it should viable be able to be explained as using the same stats and rules as sword, or power sword in this case. A Pole Arm I can see utilizing the same stats and rules as sword. A mace... I could see a smaller mace working in a smiler fashion to a sword. Basically, I wanted to avoid people putting power fists on their models and claiming they were Close Combat weapons.

Excellent choice of model. Now I have a reason to buy robes and other assorted bits. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope it didn't hurt too much.

Oh you know, nothing like having a TV fall on you from 30 feet up to make your day. Thankfully it was only a 22" and not one of the 60". THAT would have done a lot more damage.

Thanks for the quick reply! :P

I just have one more question (for now :P). Can any of his wargear be represented by trophies? (like the Protector or the Lion Helm)

hmm, good question. I'd say as long as you can physically point to something on the model and say "This is that piece of wargear" go for it.

So, why is there the limit on metal? I understand that reusing the Azrael model would be real lazy, but there are some good Dark Angel bitz out there in metal. The previous challenge had the same limitation. What is it about metal that gets it cut?

So, why is there the limit on metal? I understand that reusing the Azrael model would be real lazy, but there are some good Dark Angel bitz out there in metal. The previous challenge had the same limitation. What is it about metal that gets it cut?

mainly it's to force people to adapt, but it's also to avoid the endless questions of "What is part of a model?" Say for instance you wanted to use Azrael's sword. Is the sword part of the model or is it separate? I mean the first challenge I did was required part challenge, you had to use a speccific part in the challenge. and someone made the comment to the effect of "If I take the part, submerge it in a mass of green stuff and sculpt a greater daemon around it, does it count as using the required part?"

Right best get my thinking cap on, sorry to hear about your shoulder.

**edit**

Is there anything preventing me entering 2+ models or is it one entry per user?

I only ask because having ordered parts to make a loyalist counts as I came across my old Chaos bits box and started bitboxing a guy together and would like to enter a loyalist and traitor, if I can only enter one I'll enter the loyalist (provided I finish him in time)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't know, I think the standard of entry this time was really up there, as good as we've seen so far. Perhaps we should try a specific part challenge again to get a few more people involved, seems like the no-metal approach is putting barriers in the way of entrants.

Archived