Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

gallery_24878_5748_73316.jpggallery_24878_5748_5535.jpg

Where and or how did this chain fist become so DAMN COOL!! I am totally asking you because I am going to use this as well. Man it looks good!!

And I will also add in an obligatory comment regarding the high quality of both you conversions and painting Mav. Keep it up Brother!!

End of Line

MaveriK - your work is incredible :lol: - if I may do so I would like to "acquire/borrow/pass a keg for inspiration of" many of your models (obviously not just carbon copies... hah we are wolves and indivduals) I am glad I've been lurking and seeing your brilliant work :cuss - I can't wait to see more and truly love the dioramas used in your OP - are they going to be used as objectives or purely display pieces?

Personally I think it would be awesome to create a full gaming board based on fenris, except where each section can be taken apart and used elsewhere (both being easier to store and being more fun) - plus it would allow you to create even more pieces like the first few :)

gallery_24878_5748_73316.jpggallery_24878_5748_5535.jpg

Where and or how did this chain fist become so DAMN COOL!! I am totally asking you because I am going to use this as well. Man it looks good!!

And I will also add in an obligatory comment regarding the high quality of both you conversions and painting Mav. Keep it up Brother!!

End of Line

Looks like the one from the Chaos Terminator Lord/Sorceror box.

Glad to see you doing your thing again Mav! Very inspiring! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Skyrim inspired, Son of Russ

WIP/PIP: Grey Slayer Nrthstar the Iron Chin (I'd say 80% complete)

gallery_24878_5748_73679.jpggallery_24878_5748_24552.jpg

I finished this guy late last night, he would make my first completed mini since December of last year LOL yes, that's right... I'm back at it folks.

gallery_24878_5748_65866.jpggallery_24878_5748_74445.jpg

FUS RO DAH!!!

Mav,

Long time lurker here. I'm loving what you're doing with your army fluff and your conversions. You've separated yourself from a lot of the pre-heresy sort of stuff that a lot of people are doing, but keeping your company very genuine and unique. The "texture" of your army is really appealing, and I've loved gettting to follow along. For me, the more Nordic and Viking-esque, the better, and you've truly capture the spirit of this. You have some of the most (if not the most) inspiring pieces I've seen. It reminds me of why I got into the hobby in the first place. I wanted to ask you a couple things. I sent you a message along these lines a couple days ago, but I don't think they ever went through and you already got them.

1) At the risk of sounding like a copy cat, I was wondering what conversions you did for your Shield Maidens. For the last 3 months I've been trying to find a way to pull off the effect you did with no luck. From what I can tell, you used the Wood Elf Archer female (with the helmet) bits and a scout arm if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, let me know, but the concept of a Valkyrie/Shield Maiden in my army has been one that I've been fixated on for weeks now.

2) What led you to through the process of developing your style for your army? I'm new to the hobby, so I'm trying to build my basic skillset, but I'm ready to start branching out. Adam's wolves and pre-heresy have been pretty influential, and now I've found your very Nordic army. What steps in your development did you take? What caused you to decide to go in the directions you did? Where do you go for inspiration?

3) What do you think of the GW TWC wolves? I read you're already concocting conversions, and I am too. Going to WH fantasy is probably a direction I'm taking. I'm thinking putting some wooden shields on those bad boys and maybe finding some of those huge war axes (yeah, where were those from?) I'm thinking some beastmen type spears would look great, and maybe some Chaos Rider bits. How cool would a TWC with a huge flowing standard be like we see in the Beastmen Bestigor/Minotaur Box?

Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance, Battle-Brother.

WIP/PIP: Grey Slayer Nrthstar the Iron Chin (I'd say 80% complete)

I finished this guy late last night, he would make my first completed mini since December of last year LOL yes, that's right... I'm back at it folks.

FUS RO DAH!!!

ALSO:

Jus' fo' RUS!

gallery_24878_5748_31171.jpg

Grey Slayer Nrthstar the Iron Chin

gallery_24878_5748_167267.jpg

His dark saga begins, as dawn breaks into murder-make.

Known as The Iron Chin, with his unwarranted excess of mayhem in the battle field.

He is the grey armoured death god. He is of Fenris born, and a son of Russ.

gallery_24878_5748_86615.jpg

FUS RO DAH!!!

WIP/PIP Long Fangs

gallery_24878_5750_171626.jpg

Long Fang Pack Leader. Lord Ragnarok, known as Ripclaw, the old bear. He who brings death from the skies.

He is long in tooth, and wise in war. He brings death from the skies, raining hell upon the enemies of the Wolf King. He commands the storms, as his anger is the rolling of thunder itself. Pelting bodies with heavy bolter shells, to blowing enemy tanks with the lighting from the clouds, or directing the falling stars to end the enemies misery. And worst of all, commanding the power of the sun wolf itself, to destroy all those who oppose the Rout. He is Lord Ragnarok... bringer of the rains, his words command death itself. A lord in his own right, for he is an agent of Morkai, and a son of Russ.

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking, C & C are welcomed!

Winter's Advance Vow

gallery_24878_5750_75757.jpggallery_24878_5750_64882.jpg

WIP/PIP Missile Launcher + Heavy Bolter Dreadnought

Long Claws (Old Ones)

gallery_24878_5750_57941.jpggallery_24878_5750_34881.jpg

2 Missile Launcher + Heavy Bolter Dreadnoughts, Rifleman Dreanought

gallery_24878_5750_843.jpggallery_24878_5750_53111.jpg

2 Missile Launcher + Heavy Bolter Dreadnoughts, Rifleman Dreanought

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking, C & C are welcomed!

Working on one or two things there Mav :P

Yea he'd better not get distracted! He's got two days to finish his vow hahahah

Can't think what could possibly distract him.

Wow. Mav, how can you keep this crazyness up? You seriously doent make anything ugly ;)

I must have the "power fist" of the left guy, Ive been trying to figure where its from but I cant find it.

Please reveal to me :D

IIRC it's from the Chaos Termy set mate.

Archived