Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

I just found this picture about a month or two ago, http://lazarus-firenze.deviantart.com/art/Grey-Hunter-Maverik-Concept-260027113 I feel so honored. Where ever you are wolf brother I thank you!

@Beef, thank you! high praise coming from an old wolf.

Now onto the new stuff......

::WIP::

gallery_24878_5750_29597.jpg
Sadly these wolves have been like this for months, or maybe even a year?! I need to get these guys painted. So I guess it was only fitting for me to add these to my vow for the E TENEBRAE LUX II.

gallery_24878_5750_107050.jpg
My counts-as Logan Grimnar for the painting challenge E TENEBRAE LUX II.

gallery_24878_5750_57267.jpg

He is the jarl of my Varangi army. (I absolutely HATE the term Loganwing or Wolfwing... unimaginative and lazy! don't want to associate or imitate the Dark Angels in that regard. We're better than that people!) We are wolves in temper, as in name.

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking! sorry for the lack of updates...

I think It's a custom made TDA armour... I really like your Varangi Jarl with all the mix of different components  - and the TS helmet? nice touch! :)

And I also dislike of the term "Loganwing". It is inappropriate both from a SWs and DAs perspective...

@Blacksad, no sir it is not

@Captain Semper, thank you! yes I wanted my jarl to stand out from my army, I'm glad it worked out. He is one of my newest pieces I've been working on. As for the Logainwing and Wolfwing... I only say so because it takes away from the Dark Angels. Give the chapter their own identity and character, but don't imitate it with a similar name! that's just pathetic in my honest opinion.

@Wulfebane, correct sir. Good eye! and thank you.

@forte, hahaha thanks. Prospero Burns inspired me to grow up and mature as a wolf player. Thinking outside the box. I then made my army really primal, and grim. It's all about character and fluidity for me. At the end of the day, it's all about my own definition of the wolves. I push myself to be more creative because I may lack certain skills such as painting and sculpting. But I got plenty of imagination!

Anyway folks. I apologize for the small font from the last 20 pages. It was all good before B&C did their upgrade. Anyway.. more pics!

::WIP/PIP::

gallery_24878_5750_29513.jpg

THE HOWLING TIDE. Varangi Warband. Lost company of the True Claw (Great Wolf Bjorn the Fell-Handed).

gallery_24878_5750_177656.jpg

Jarl (Lord)

H

• 3 months later...

what I'm currently working on....

gallery_24878_5750_19850.jpg
I really dispize the finecast Wolf Standard that we currently have for our wolves. I think it's ugly, not to mention the face/head that goes with it was done poorly. I've decided to do my own, only because I felt like I needed something to stand out and do my warband some justice.

When I read Battle of the Fang, I created a special SW model in honor of Chris Wraight (veiwed a few pages back). After reading The Emperor's Gift, I felt inspired to do an homage to Aaron Dembski-Bowden. This Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer wolf standard belongs to my third pack. I name this model Sparrowhawk, known by his fellow packmates as Bowden the word-smith. He glides through the murdermake, deadly as the cold of winter touches the skin. He is gifted with words that inspire and rally the Wolves to do great deeds and greater sagas.

gallery_24878_5750_126555.jpg
Yet another Rune Priest.. no name yet. More updates to come, thank you for looking!

gallery_24878_5750_153888.jpg

Fleshmaker of the Rout. Wolf Priest with jump pack.

gallery_24878_5750_26893.jpg

Night Wolf, the shadow of Morkai.

gallery_24878_5750_15420.jpg

Blood Claw/Storm Claw

gallery_24878_5750_130652.jpg
Blood Claw/Storm Claw

gallery_24878_5750_107782.jpg

Kaerl guard test minis...

gallery_24878_5750_136496.jpg

Kaerl guard test minis...

--EDIT--
Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with work and my recovery. Looking forward to painting and starting up the brawls and redoing the kraken hunt.

@Valerian, I saw them and told myself sure why not? They look great not to mention I felt they would look better on my lost company.

For those who question why my Wolves look a bit too chaosy, it is because of my fluff which is all explained on ACT I. They are the Wolves of the old, dating back during the Heresy and last days of our Wolf King. They come from a darker age, the Emperor's executioners. Their Great Wolf was Bjorn The Fell-Handed and they all swore an oath under Bjorn's banner. They still consider Bjorn as their Great Wolf today, so not only are my lost company really pissed because they got swallowed up by a warp storm during the first great hunt. But they are even more angry and bitter because they weren't present when Bjorn was mortally wounded. Oh and my work is an homage to Frank Frazetta. Not to mention the cover art of Blood from Asaheim gives my lost company some merit today.

@Wulfebane, so very typical of you... LMAO

@maverik_girl, when I have the time I will slowly work on more shield maidens!

@WulfenRaider, Thank you! I keep an eye on things I like. I only use GW or FW bits it keeps me challenged. Creativity comes from imagination, while others who lack both just copy+paste and call it inspiration. I trade bits with other gamers in my city and local gaming store. I also keep an eye on stuff on eBay.

gallery_24878_5748_175741.jpg

Just going through this thread updating the font size since the server upgrades kinda screwed with the fonts I had originally used. Anyway, it's been a journey to say the least... looking through my work and my progression. You can really see how much I've improved with my style and painting. I honestly can't wait until I'm finished. Thank you for your comments and your support wolf brothers!

gallery_24878_5750_87478.jpg

WIP/PIP TDA Wolf Priest

gallery_24878_5750_53649.jpg

Hrothgar littlbitz. Fleshmaker of the Rout.

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking!

@mactire, Thank you! I've been playing around with the idea of some Kaerls lately. I want to make my Kaerls stand out from others. But for now it will just be a few sample figures.

@Deathscream, Thank you and yes it's from a Warhammer fantasy bit.

gallery_24878_5750_207290.jpg

My Long Fangs have fire support.

gallery_24878_5750_22659.jpg

I'm planning on buying a contemptor dreadnought soon. I already have a vision on how I want it to look.

gallery_24878_5750_121817.jpg

Riflemen dreadnoughts.

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking!

• 1 month later...

Updates coming soon! I will post pictures of more works in progress over the weekend. It's just been bloody cold (-40 with windchill) and windy that I haven't had the time to primer my latest stuff on my balcony...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived