Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Alright, old buisness first...

@Mikhail: here's those shots of the scout power fist you were asking for...

gallery_37532_5399_110489.png

gallery_37532_5399_7486.png

and just finished building the last scout of the squad...just gotta wait for the greenstuff to dry, and I'll start painting

gallery_37532_5399_117710.png

Hehehe...remember me saying I was gonna make the Scout-Sergeant look like R. Lee Ermey? Well, the eyebrows didn't work out, buuuut...

gallery_37532_5399_77631.pnghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090809192251/crashban/images/thumb/1/13/RLeeErmey.png/200px-RLeeErmey.png

I'm pretty proud of it so far, lol. Thanks for all the comments guys! I gotta get back to

http://drscoundrels.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/r-lee-ermey-6536.jpg

;)

Hehehe...remember me saying I was gonna make the Scout-Sergeant look like R. Lee Ermey? Well, the eyebrows didn't work out, buuuut...

gallery_37532_5399_77631.pnghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090809192251/crashban/images/thumb/1/13/RLeeErmey.png/200px-RLeeErmey.png

Yes! YES! Make those damn eyebrows work! If it is not an accurate representation, I will twist off your head and :fakenopic: down your neck!

Anywho, very cool scouts. Yet one more example of how I should've done better on my Neophytes (that's what true servants of the Emperor call them).

If you haven't started painting yet Heathens, I have a suggestion. I think the Sgt. would look good with a xenos skull or traitor helmet in his powerfist as it looks like he is about to slap someone silly anyways. Imagine the terror of the enemy as their leaders head is removed and used as an impromptu weapon.

@Mikhail: Sadly, he has already been hit with the base, wash, and detail work. Cool idea though, brother, but a day late.

@Firepower: Man, you have no idea how hard I tried to get those damn eyebrows right. My Sculpt-Fu is not yet strong enough to defeat the Greenstuff-Kai...

Scouts done! I finally coughed up the cash for a proper basing kit, so no more chopped up green stuff on the bases. Looks a lot nicer, I think. Anyhow, first up is the CCW Scouts...

gallery_37532_5399_309964.png

gallery_37532_5399_500528.png

gallery_37532_5399_414259.png

Second up is the second shotgun scout and Master Scout-Sergeant Arlee Ermee... :)

gallery_37532_5399_219950.png

gallery_37532_5399_383758.png

gallery_37532_5399_634313.png

Finally, the whole squad together, including the poor scout who's been alone for a few months.

gallery_37532_5399_126917.png

Now, I'm not sure where to go from here. Ususally, I'd build the squad dedicated transport after the squad, but my LS Storm is still short some bits, and they won't be in for a while. I still need to do 2 bike squads, a Sternguard (Vengance) squad and it's Razorback, and a crapload of Termies. So, what do you guys think? What's next?

Good job, maggot! Semper Fi!

:teehee:

I vote for terminators next. We've already seen what madness you can do with Power Armor and transports. Although I can't recall if I've seen any bikes done by you just yet either...

Also, the basing does look much better. I'd go back and drop a few patches of sand in the more gap-prone work of some past models (especially the dreadnought, he deserves better :D).

I've decided to actually try a test model for all three (biker, termie, and vengance/sternguard) and get the feel for each before I make a final decision on which squad to do next. I really need to knock out some of the bikers, as they will be nearly half of my army along with a biker captain, but I'm kinda not looking forward to doing them, as the models themselves are so dang static. I'm doing some serious brainstorming on how to make them stand out with poses, hopefully I'll come up with something cool.

I' m really looking forward to doing the termies, as I have a bajillion-ish ideas for them, but the issue here is that they will technically not be a part of this army. Remember that Lugft Huron FW model I got? Counts-as Logan Grimnar. Yeah, I said it. I'm plannng on building a Loganwing (or Hatewing? lol) so I can Malevolent-ify that Huron model, after some heavy conversions, to be the Lord Commander Vincen of the Marines Malevolent. Is it wise to do two armies at once? Probably not, and it's gonna slow me down alot, but it's gonna be gnarly when finished, lol.

As for the Vengance (sternguard/vanguard) Squads, I've had a bit of a change of heart, and I'm hoping you guys and gals might be able to help me out. Originally, this was what I was thinking for the ritual for taking the Oath of Vengance (from the fluff I wrote earlier for the Dreadnought)...

First, the Draw. The hold of the Stormbird contained some of the most powerful weapons of the Crusade, and The Fifty were told by the Master of the Forge to take what they wanted. Power Fists, Heavy Flamers, specialized ammunition...The Fifty drew what they needed. Next, the Sorrow. The Arch-Chaplain had every brother kneel, as mortal slaves draped torn blackened cloaks over them, and other slaves painted their helms as pitch as night. Death shrouds. Every man here was now already dead. Now, the Cleansing. Pyres were built, fifty of them, and draped with scrolls thick with writings of each mans' accomplishments in life. All were burned, useless victories of malice in the face of a dishonoured death. Every Astartes of The Fifty was now an equal with no name or history, with only their purified hatred uniting them, and their all consuming need for vengance. Finally, the Rage. The Arch-Bibliosoph spoke at length of true hatred for a foe, of purity through rage. He told them that every man here was now nothing but a vessel for the Crusade's loathing, an extention of the Emperor's Hatred for those that dared to dishonour his only true sons. Only in death would vengeance be fufilled. A small Oath of Moment, made of a gold lightning bolt icon and a scrap of parchment written with their only foe's name, MadGutz, was pinned to their chest.

The problem is the deathshrouds...It just feels kinda too Death Guard-y for me. But I really want to make these guys look utterly unique, and still give that impression that these are men who have abandoned their names, history, victories and life itself in the name of hatred. The walking dead...revenants. I'm still going to have a black votive cloth over the left sholderpad, covering the company symbol, but I need something else. First, I was thinking going the ancient greek path, and having a pair of coins hanging around their necks, to pay the toll to Charon. But my guys have so many tropies, I'm afraid this would be lost in translation. So then I was thinking going the roman/egyptian path, and having them wear death masks, which would be pretty cool. Of course, the problem here is they'll look like black and yellow blood angels, even with the goofy halos shaved off...-sigh-...Anybody have any ideas? Please help me, I'm losing my mind on this, lol.

I think the death mask thing suits them, but not as good looking as the BA-stuff. Maybe GS "masks" over half their faces or something, or try to modify some helmets in a certain way to get the masks going. And about the Death Shroud - way to DG-ish. I dont think anyone would name something that unless they were very intent on heresy, and then not anyway since Mortarion would probably kill them when he found out ;)

- Natanael

If I did go for the death mask idea, I was going to shave off the halo's and blood drops, and paint the masks a dulled steel, stained with rust, with GS leather straps to 'hold' the masks on their heads. Sound decent?

As for the deathshrouds, they were just meant as a mark that the vengance squad was already dead (suicide squads, per se); the squad wasn't going to be named 'Death Shrouds', as in Mortarion's bodyguards...but you've definetly proven my point that people would jump to that conclusion rather quickly. ;) Thank you, brother.

Still open to any ideas...

Archived