Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Done with the flamer and knife marines...blond hair is a pain, by the way, lol.

gallery_37532_5399_2023831.png

gallery_37532_5399_661164.png

gallery_37532_5399_2018410.png

gallery_37532_5399_2724130.png

gallery_37532_5399_284465.png

@zincite: Not the sergeant, just the old man of the squad. And I think he's debating whether to keep the teeth, ears or the scalp of the next traitor, lol.

@Goose: Careful there...as we all know, High Lord Obamaius repealed the "Don't ask, don't tell" codex in M33. And the Ultramarines rejoiced that day...lol.

@rogan: Hells yes, 'glory and hate' is going on my company banner. And thank you for that compliment, I'm really trying to make sure every marine has a story all his own. I do hope it at least a little about the painting, though... :P

@varen: The dread is almost shaved down, just about to saw of the legs and reposition them. I'll PM you about the fluff soon, bro. I haven't forgotten.

@zeller: Yo ho...and really bad eggs...I apply the yellow first, then build. Works well, I think.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'll have the next WIP up soon.

Great work there heathens. The hand flamer marine came out excellent. No problem on the fluff, when you are ready.

How long does it take you per marine to paint? The use of the forgeworld parts makes the marines more unique, doesn't it? Have you figured out what you were going to do with Huron yet?

Great work there heathens. The hand flamer marine came out excellent. No problem on the fluff, when you are ready.

How long does it take you per marine to paint? The use of the forgeworld parts makes the marines more unique, doesn't it? Have you figured out what you were going to do with Huron yet?

Hey, you've changed the helmet on the stabbey marine! That new one looks utterly cool, adding a gladiatorial look to him, where's it from? ;)

It's from the Berzerker sprue, lots of helmets like that there ;)

Looking good 1000heathens!

Brothers, I greet you with an apology, especially to the old timers....I have commited heresy of the highest order...I have taken my very last RT era missle launcher, and chopped it to kibbles n' bitz for my new missle launcher. I shall do penance for this, I swear. Also, the next Scholar-Brother WIP.

gallery_37532_5399_212736.png

gallery_37532_5399_687833.png

@Varen: No bloody clue what to do with Huron yet, I'm mainly focusing on my vow right now. It takes me anywhere from 3 to 5 days to knock out two marines at a time, depending on family (always comes first) and work (unfortunately comes second).

@zxyogi: Thanks man! You're command squad is looking pretty cool too!

@chappy b: I'll take a group shot as soon as the squad's done, promise.

@zincite: yeah, I liked that helm better. Looks kinda like a Mk.II helm, so I ran with it. Glad I did, too.

@Termie: Thanks man!

@Goose: As always, thanks man! Lovin' how your Sons of Malice are turning out.

So, I need some advice. I'm planning on having my Dread standing on the body of a traitor in termie armour, and I'd like it to be from a chapter that was destroyed for genetic deviancy. I'm kinda thinking the Flesh Eaters, but does anyone else have any ideas?

Hey 1000heathens looking really good mate love the changes you made to the stabby Marine!! Love the kit bashing it's a great helmet isn't it, I've made an entire Space Marine army using just that helmet (expensive I know!!)

Anyway I agree with Chappy B I want to see a group shot of what you've done so far!!!!!!!!!

On fluff - quick question for you I'm right in thinking they are a third founding chapter but of unknown gene-seed? I reckon they could be former Iron Warriors - the hazard markings, the arrogance and some of the other characteristics of them. What do you reckon?

Wow love the new models they look great love the missile launcher!!!! The scholar brother looks good too.

Soul Eaters? although fluff-wise they never fought the Marines Malevolent..

The Wolf Brothers? didn't they have some issues like that?

An Iron Warriors chapter would surely never be allowed to live.

Edit: Thank you by the way :P

Soul Drinkers, you mean? Nah, too obvious. And no on the Wolf Bothers, as they have no color scheme yet. I'd like a chapter with an established color scheme. Cool ideas though man.

@bolt: In the fluff Brother Varen, Zxyogi and myself have been working on...(WARNING TO ALL!!! WALL OF FLUFF INCOMING!!!) Mind you, this is all in the 'rough draft' phase yet...

An ancient brother of the Imperial Fists, considered well past his prime, is ordered to help in the creation of a new Space Marine successor chapter. This warrior has seen nothing but the death and destruction of the Imperium since he was a scout in the IF at the end of the Great Crusade, which he considered the greatest times of his life. He had survived the Siege of Terra, the crippling of the Emperor (and the failure of his own gene-father to protect the Emperor, the first seed of doubt and hate in his heart), the Iron Cage and The Scouring, the breaking of his own Legion (a grand failure, turning the Astartes from an offensive posture towards the galaxy, to defensive, in his opinion), the death of his own father (I'd say this broke his spirit, and possibly his mind, but he wrapped his grief in hate for his Father's weaknesses, and useless [his opinion, again] sacrifice), the 1st Black Crusade, and the final insult, the creation of the Adeptus Ministorum, a betrayal of the Emperor's true ideals by the entirity of his own subjects!!!

So it was that this ancient warrior found himself within the empty halls of his new ships, his soon-to-be warriors waiting for him in the great halls of 'The External Vigilance', with nothing but rage and hate in his heart. He ordered the serfs and servitors to strip any and every symbol of the Imp. Fists from the ships; blades stamped with the clenched fist were shattered and cast into the forges, pain gloves destroyed, symbols acid-scoured from the hulls and walls of the ships and vehicles, and the entirety of the Librarium burned. His serfs were forcibly mind-wiped, or executed mercilessly. After this grisly task was complete, the Ancient Warrior stepped into the Great Hall, his men confused why they had waited for so long. Taking the podium, the Warrior spoke to his men, telling them of the glory of the great crusade, from his birth in one of the hive ruins of Nor Merica on Terra, to his first fight against an uncompliant world. He spoke of betrayal after betrayal, first of Horus, then of the failures of all the Primarchs, even their own Father. He told them of the breaking of the Legions by the bastard Guilliman, and Dorn's drive for vengance causing him to throw thousands of his son's lives away during the Iron Cage. He spoke longest of the weaknesses of Mankind, their betrayal of the Emperor, their all-consuming need to save their own lives over the protection of the Emperor's realm, and their false worship of their leige. He told his men that, even though the whole Imperium had gone mad, that they would stay true to His ideals, even at the risk of abandoning their own humanity. Every Astartes would carry the Emperor's own heraldry upon their shoulder, winged in symbolism of carrying on with His Ideals. They would take an oath of silence of their origins to the grave, so that future generations would be free of the failures of Dorn. Their torso's would be blackened, in memory of their black hearts, filled with hate. And they would become the Marines Malevolent, so that their future Neophytes would know only hate.

The chapter was quickly reorganized. The 'reserve', devastator, assault and scout companies were broken up and integrated into 10 crusades. Although lip service would be paid to the half-traitor Guilleman's Codex Astartes,so as to prevent the Imperium from suspecting their intentions, the Crusades were free to build up their ranks to whatever size they saw fit, to carry on the Emperor's Great Crusade.

See I reckon some of the Iron Warriors who didn't betray the Emperor afterall the Iron Warriors were garrisoned all over the place and like all legions can't imagine they all sided with Horus!!!!

Plus the Marines Malevolent seem to share the same arrogance!!!

To be honest, I'd have to say you should make him a plague terminator for your dread to stand ontop of. Your first flamer marine is already standing ontop of a plague marine and generally having different types of dead people creates a level of inconsistency that doesn't set well with the viewer eye.

Yes chaos warbands can consist of many different marines from different chapters but Im speaking of this purely on an artistic note to keep with the over all theme of your army. Such is the way with my chaos marines. I litter the bases with space marine and guardsmen parts but they're always the same color scheme. (also keeping the guardsmen space marine ration 5/1 but thats a different thing).

My two copper skulls for you man.

Your first flamer marine is already standing ontop of a plague marine and generally having different types of dead people creates a level of inconsistency that doesn't set well with the viewer eye.

This is true.

Anyway Imperial Fists huh.. fine :eek No, actually the reasoning is good. It makes a lot of sense, and at least they're not Ultramarines. Way too many of those successor chapters..

Also Bolt16 that wouldn't make a difference to the Imperium, you have to remember they destroyed the worlds where the Traitor Legions had come from. What had they done wrong? Except for Perturabo's place :P rebellious bastards.

I love the scholar Marine, there's really a sense of movement to him.

Did you buy all these Space Wolf Parts just for the MM, Or was this another of your armies?

What's the blue stuff used to glue the scholar together? Or is it just BlueTac?

I go with noctus cornix's Idea, plague Termims for the win! :D

Ahhh, the idea behind it is very cool.

I think once ive finished my current Spack Marines, i'm going to start a new army, individualized and converted to the extent yours are.

They really are fantastic.

Archived