You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

I must express a certain measure of disappointment brothers.

No one remembered to wish this thread a "Happy 4th Anniversary!"

This thread has become a part of our lore, a testament our eternal faith, and the fullest expression of our continuing ZEAL.

Many have attempted similar efforts, but have failed out of weakness, indifference, and sloth.

Let us remember and honor those whose past deeds have laid the foundation of the future we now claim.

For Dorn. For Sigismund. For the Emperor!

Ah yes, back in the glory days before obnoxious abuse of the color red and caps lock. :rolleyes:

BUT OUR ZEAL DEMANDS IT !!!!!

Says the man who wanted a World Eater heretic for XMas. :whistling:

...when you're playing an army composed of almost a hundred and fifty guardsmen, the word elite being a foreign thing to you, and you still end up charging the enemy at least twice a game in a tournament. When asked why, you simply respond.

Because ZEAL demands it!!!

...when you're playing an army composed of almost a hundred and fifty guardsmen, the word elite being a foreign thing to you, and you still end up charging the enemy at least twice a game in a tournament. When asked why, you simply respond.

We really have to start recruiting some of the youngn's from the ranks of your Guardsmen. :lol:

When during a game you explain to your opponent that you're writing fluff for your Sisters + Inquisition + Assassins witch hunting detachment that has an Avenger Strike Fighter with a permanent assignment to it, which stubbornly refuses to wear Sister of Battle livery, instead choosing to be proudly embellished with the Black and the White, as well as a Crusade Cross granted to it by one of Black Templar Reclusiarchs, just like the Helsreach flyers had and you quote their leader:

"Sister Superior, Inquisitor Raivik, with utmost respect - my squadron will gladly clear the skies of the xeno and the heretic for you, but don't play your bull:cuss politics with us. We are Crusaders, we know no fear and we kill for the Emperor. Flight Captain Emerson out."

The Traitor Guard opponent just nods with understanding and later on while the Avenger scores kill after kill, at the same time miraculously avoiding everything thrown at it and glancing off a lascannon shot, he proceeds to salute every kill of the Avenger (his Vendetta among them), at the very end of the battle going in-character with his Guard commander "They may be the False Emperor's lapdogs, but by Gods of the Warp can they fly!"

*proud Templar daddy moment*

When your five brave little neophytes charge a tactical squad with a librarian, putting a wound on him in a challenge before death and the other four killing 3 marines and making them run away. Neo-fiiiiiiiights!

We really have to start recruiting some of the youngn's from the ranks of your Guardsmen. :laugh.:

I think our Zeal is recruiting them for us. Which is good, zeal is the only way to live in 40k, and 30k.

I think our Zeal is recruiting them for us. Which is good, zeal is the only way to live in 40k, and 30k.

FIFY.

ZEAL is spelled with a red. )

When you start 30k and you immediately think about doing templars( yes I'm making the plunge wish me luck)

Brothers I have a question I'm playing skyrim and I'm making the templar class for myself. He will be a Breton because magic resistance aka admantinium will. I want to use restoration but that considered magic so probably not? Instead I was thinking of using alchemy for health. He will side with the empire, destroy the dark brotherhood, join the fighter guild maybe though they are werewolves. My big question is what shall he wield? A sword I thought would be good. Going sword and board makes more sense but I don't know if thats very templarish. I've considered a hammer after looking at the ferrus Manias model. Anything you guys need to add?

I must express a certain measure of disappointment brothers.

No one remembered to wish this thread a "Happy 4th Anniversary!"

This thread has become a part of our lore, a testament our eternal faith, and the fullest expression of our continuing ZEAL.

Many have attempted similar efforts, but have failed out of weakness, indifference, and sloth.

Let us remember and honor those whose past deeds have laid the foundation of the future we now claim.

For Dorn. For Sigismund. For the Emperor!

Ah yes, back in the glory days before obnoxious abuse of the color red and caps lock. :rolleyes:

BUT OUR ZEAL DEMANDS IT !!!!!

Says the man who wanted a World Eater heretic for XMas. :whistling:

...It's for target practice..honest. :yes:

When you start 30k and you immediately think about doing templars( yes I'm making the plunge wish me luck)

Brothers I have a question I'm playing skyrim and I'm making the templar class for myself. He will be a Breton because magic resistance aka admantinium will. I want to use restoration but that considered magic so probably not? Instead I was thinking of using alchemy for health. He will side with the empire, destroy the dark brotherhood, join the fighter guild maybe though they are werewolves. My big question is what shall he wield? A sword I thought would be good. Going sword and board makes more sense but I don't know if thats very templarish. I've considered a hammer after looking at the ferrus Manias model. Anything you guys need to add?

I have clocked thousands of hours on this game taking that into account I feel safe in telling you do to how the blades work, the best weapon to take would be a great sword.

Just the feel and look of the weapon is right, especially when in a cross parry circling your foe.

I would say though, the Dark Brotherhood is closer to the assassinorium of the imperium rather than Chaos.

They take all their orders from the first in their line who when ou found her in her crypt in Oblivion is surounded by the bodies of her dead children, after all you will have to ask yourself, who would take orders from a corpse that people pray to? ;)

When you see the new 30k Ultramarines bits and think "Gotta Crusade me some of those"

http://i.imgur.com/N9dOuQJ.jpg

When you see 'Ultramarines' and start placing bets on how long their own thread to mirror this one lasts.

Those are some really nice helmets though.

When you spend your whole day internally arguing with yourself on which to take, a Chaplin or a Emperors Champion...

When you consider Death Watch the soft mans answer to dealing with Witches and Xenos.

When you Dislike using flyers because you consider their lack of combat as a lack of propper Zeal!

When you see a Dark Angels & Space Wolves Challenge as Cute by comparison.

When you spend your whole day internally arguing with yourself on which to take, a Chaplin or a Emperors Champion...

How does that make you a Black Templar?  It would seem to me that you are closer to an Imperial Fist play acting as a Black Templar.  I'm a heretical xenos psyker cat person and even I know that all Black Templar players always begins all lists by taking both!

When you see a post like this:

How does that make you a Black Templar?  It would seem to me that you are closer to an Imperial Fist play acting as a Black Templar.  I'm a heretical xenos psyker cat person and even I know that all Black Templar players always begins all lists by taking both!

and your first thought is "Wait, how'd that heretical scum get in here?!":laugh.:

And, on a more embarrassing note, how is the heretical cat person RIGHT?!

Edited by AlmightyWalrus

Throne on Terra, this thread is still going? :eek:

...when a black paint job is the honor earned by your elite units in other game systems, despite 'background' to the contrary.  (and don't worry, their deeds are similar to those of a Templar - I would not misuse the Black by granting it to the unworthy)

...when, despite a hiatus from 40k, it is the Templars who lure you back into the hobby.  *cranks up the AC/DC*

...when, despite a hiatus from 40k, it is the Templars who lure you back into the hobby.  *cranks up the AC/DC*

When you come back to the hobby and, to the tune of AC/DC, a thousand roaring chainswords salute you!

When you cringe seeing the heresy in the user name. Get that changed or it's a paddlin' :wink:

Edited by Kastor Krieg