You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When you spend your whole day internally arguing with yourself on which to take, a Chaplin or a Emperors Champion...

How does that make you a Black Templar?  It would seem to me that you are closer to an Imperial Fist play acting as a Black Templar.  I'm a heretical xenos psyker cat person and even I know that all Black Templar players always begins all lists by taking both!

Wrong, you Start with a Marshal to lead your crusade.

Foolish Xenos not understanding the rules of 2HQ slots.

When you see a post like this:

When you spend your whole day internally arguing with yourself on which to take, a Chaplin or a Emperors Champion...

How does that make you a Black Templar?  It would seem to me that you are closer to an Imperial Fist play acting as a Black Templar.  I'm a heretical xenos psyker cat person and even I know that all Black Templar players always begins all lists by taking both!

and your first thought is "Wait, how'd that heretical scum get in here?!":laugh.:

And, on a more embarrassing note, how is the heretical cat person RIGHT?!

Shame on you brother for taking the Side of the Heretic.

Its almost as great a Heresy as it is being wrong.

Unless people here are going to tell me you don't have a Marshal lead your Crusades as Lore Dictates?  ;)

Unless people here are going to tell me you don't have a Marshal lead your Crusades as Lore Dictates?  :wink:

Some Crusades are led by Marshals, although smaller undertakings can sometimes be led by Castellans or even Reclusiarchs...

4th ed. Codex Ophidium Gulf Crusade and Helsreach Crusade...

You know you're a Templar when your Crusade now spans over 400 Marine models... I do not kid...

When your brother gives you all his 40k marines he doesn't need anymore and you loudly declare that they must be cleansed of their ultramarine past by being doused in black before they can set foot on the battlefield.

When you cringe seeing the heresy in the user name. Get that changed or it's a paddlin' :wink:

How is someone who hunts the fallen degenerates of the Blood "God" a heretic?

Shame on you brother for taking the Side of the Heretic.

Its almost as great a Heresy as it is being wrong.

You dare accuse ME of Heresy? Me, the faithful Brother-Walrus, slayer of at least three vicious Chaos Rabbits?! This will not stand; I challenge you to a bout of internet fisticuffs!

A good beginning Walrus, but Crusader Neil the Crusader Seal has slain at least 4 xeno psyker kittens.  Chaos Rabbits are but the training servitors of Neophytes, compared to those foulest of furry beasts.

:D

As for matters of testing purity, that falls under my jurisdiction.  Well, mine, and my paddleum.

Step into my Reclusiam, won't you?

You know you're a Black Templar when these last few jokes make a lick of sense to you.  You know you're a good Black Templar when they make you laugh :P

A good beginning Walrus, but Crusader Neil the Crusader Seal has slain at least 4 xeno psyker kittens.  Chaos Rabbits are but the training servitors of Neophytes, compared to those foulest of furry beasts.

Hey, I did say at least, that's not a defined number!

Further, Chaplain or not, I'm not going to let anyone but the Emperor judge my honour.

"Your honour is your life. Let none dispute it." -Captain Navarre

Hey, that's a point, how does the 4th edition Codex have a quote from a CAPTAIN Navarre? We don't have those, do we?

Pfft. Any true Black Templar looks at the Reclusiam Command Squad formation as confirmation that the Chaplain is superior to any Xeno Psyker Kitten, and provided to allow Champion, Marshal, and Chaplain to stride forth executing righteous ZEAL in the proper manner.

When you're painting your templars and you always start humming paint it black. When you're brother gives you some of his dark angels that he tried but didn't like and you play back in black while painting them. Also you get into combat with a blood thirster and you're sword brother challenges him. You're opponent looks at you confusingly and ask why you challenge his blood thirster because the thirster will win. You say accept any challenge no matter the odds. You lose the fight of course but his honor was at stake. The blood thirster called him a chicken you see. The sword brother will be dubbed Marty Mcfly. He will have a master of the forge friend who is named doc brown.

When you realize that you read all lyrics with potential Templar themes as if they were intended.

To Begin Whipping Dance of the Dead

Blackened Is the End

Color Our World Blackened

Blackened

Opposition...Contradiction...Premonition...Compromise

Agitation...Violation...Mutilation...Planet Dies

Darkest Color

Blistered Earth

True Death of Life

Termination....Expiration...Cancellation...Human Race

Expectation...Liberation...Population...Lay to Waste

When you're painting your templars and you always start humming paint it black. When you're brother gives you some of his dark angels that he tried but didn't like and you play back in black while painting them. Also you get into combat with a blood thirster and you're sword brother challenges him. You're opponent looks at you confusingly and ask why you challenge his blood thirster because the thirster will win. You say accept any challenge no matter the odds. You lose the fight of course but his honor was at stake. The blood thirster called him a chicken you see. The sword brother will be dubbed Marty Mcfly. He will have a master of the forge friend who is named doc brown.

Don't forget that the rest of the squad still gets to swing despite the challenge. This means that now there is literally no reason to not challenge anything and everything, which is good because I'd do that anyway.

Pfft. Any true Black Templar looks at the Reclusiam Command Squad formation as confirmation that the Chaplain is superior to any Xeno Psyker Kitten, and provided to allow Champion, Marshal, and Chaplain to stride forth executing righteous ZEAL in the proper manner.

Well Met Brother, This is the Kind of Zeal I can get behind... :drool:

When you realize that you read all lyrics with potential Templar themes as if they were intended.

Blackened Is the End

Blackened

Darkest Color

Blistered Earth

True Death of Life

So tempting to make a dig at Metallica.  Tempting, and so very easy.  But a Templar does not club baby seals.

Kittens, sure.  But seals?  Never!

This means that now there is literally no reason to not challenge anything and everything.

The only reason not to challenge is if you aren't a Templar. :P

Blackened Is the End

Blackened

Darkest Color

Blistered Earth

True Death of Life

So tempting to make a dig at Metallica.  Tempting, and so very easy.  But a Templar does not club baby seals.

Kittens, sure.  But seals?  Never!

To be honest, the SEAL is probably the animal closest to our Chapter, if you catch my drift (and if you don't, I think your joke'o'meter is broken :tongue.: ).

To be honest, the SEAL is probably the animal closest to our Chapter, if you catch my drift (and if you don't, I think your joke'o'meter is broken :tongue.: ).

You haven't met Righteous Neal the Crusader Seal yet, I think. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/232519-psyker-kittens/?do=findComment&comment=2796907

Someone beat you to that joke a loooong time ago :wink:  Back in the days before that damned red text :dry.:

Edited by Firepower

Two chaos characters end up in a fight with a squad and you turn to the chaos players and ask, "So who wants to die first?" (The units were owned by different players.)

You of course win the challenge and carry some wounds over.

When your teammate tells you that, "You can do all the deny the witch this game." Whereupon you shut down the enemies first turn of psychic buffs with the Templar dice.

Back in the days before that damned red text :dry.:

Well, black would be preferable, but the default background is a deep charcoal, so the Sword Brother colors it is.

And All Hail Neal! 

...When you have to keep looking up Psyker rules because they hold no part of your game, and you know those filthy Witches just look for opportunities to cheat.

...Your favorite form of Deny the Witch is a Chaplain or an Orbital Bombardment.