You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

Night lords

The legion I hate the most.

Why because people compare their primarch to batman.

And I absolutely Hate batman. Its the only crusader I really dislike because of the god damn plot shield he has.

You know you are a Templar when you're at the reenternment for Richard III and you are picturing the entire church are Eccleasicy officials, Chapter serfs, and power armoured Brothers laying a Marshal to rest.

Additionally, when you see the punishment the King took before falling and think that man had the toughness of an Astartes.

Oh come on it isn't that painful being hit by a crossbow from a child. Did it last tuesday :biggrin.: . Didn't the king reward him or something before he died?
That was Richard the Lionheart. Richard the III died at the Battle of Bosworth they only found his body a few years ago. No according to forensics he was hit by at least one arrow deep enough to graze bone, stabbed in the head through his helmet, before having a good five inch portion of the back of his skull hacked away.

Ah medieval tough guys.

Well I have some favourites:

The first one is Duarte de Almeida the Mutilated. He was a standart bearer an on a battle the enemy fell onto his position trying to capture the flag. So he lost his right hand but being a bit stubborn he picked the flag wih his left hand. Well soon after he loses his left hand, and being a stubborn bastard he then pick the flag wih his teeth, trying to hold the standart up high. He was drowned in a sea of spears but a counter attack saw the flag recovered.

Amazingly he survived was treated by the enemy due to his deeds and set free when his wounds were healed. Different times back then.

And since we all love Templars here:

The Captain was a Member of the Order of Cristh the sucessors of the Knights Templar.

Portuguese fortress of Diu had a garrison of 600 Portuguese commanded by D. António da Silveira.

The Turk Suleiman Pasha and the Sultan of Cambay united their armies, and arrived at Diu with 70 Turkish galleys and a land army of 23.000 men. Having taken some Portuguese as prisoners, Suleiman Pasha sent a letter by one of the prisoners to be delivered to D. António da Silveira.

It must be said that Suleiman was a court eunuch that gained power after a Court Coup, having beheaded the entire Turkish royal family and therefore usurping the throne.

When António da Silveira received the letter from the Turk, he turned to his companions saying: , and read the letter in public.

Suleiman Pasha promised the Portuguese free leave of people and goods as long as they returned to the Coast of Malabar and handed over the fortress and their weapons. Suleiman promised to skin alive all of the Portuguese if they did not obey his conditions, referring that he had the largest army in Cambay, among which were many who participate in the taking of Belgrade, Hungary and the Island of Rhodes. Finally he asked António da Silveira how would he defend the pig-sty with so few pigsD. António da Silveira ordered paper and ink to be brought forward, and in the presence of all, dictated the reply to the Pasha:

“Most honored captain Pasha, I have carefully read your letter. If in the Island of Rhodes were the knights that are in this pig-sty you could be assured that you would have not conquered it. You are to learn that here are Portuguese, used to killing many Moors and are commanded by António da Silveira that has a pair of balls stronger than the balls of your canons and that all the Portuguese here have balls and do not fear those who don’t have them”.

A bigger insult could not be imagined. The Pasha was furious and ordered that the remaining prisoners were killed, and a fight of giants begun.

During more then a month António da Silveira fought bravely, remaining only less than 40 Portuguese capable of fighting, but causing so many casualties to the Turks that these gave up the siege and retired from Diu.

There is a couple more interesting stories here for the history interested.

http://www.arscives.com/bladesign/history.htm

And since we all love running foward:

Running forward

One of the techniques that the Portuguese warriors employed against their enemies who held the Moorish bow was just more than unusual.

They knew that the Moorish bow would be very effective within the range from 50 meters to 400 meters.

So when 40 Portuguese soldiers disembarked to face a first row of 300 archers also armed with tulwars, their first act was to run like madmen towards the archers, with their rapiers and left handlers in hand. The archers would be stunned by this totally insane act, as due to the heath, very few would wear armors. This stunning delay would again act in favour of the Portuguese who would close de 50 meters range with a few more seconds of advantage.

The Portuguese knew about the 50 meters bow effectiveness and that their only hope was to run frontward to cut that distance, after which their highly seasoned maneuver of the rapier and the left handler would destroy the tulwar in no time, one after the other. One blade would stop the tulwar strike and the other would dispatch the enemy, and this was one methodically in no time.

Sorry for off topic im a bit of a History buff.

Edited by Sete

Sorry for off topic im a bit of a History buff.

I've noticed a large number of us are probably because the Templars are one of most overtly historically influenced chapters. Mainly because the Knights Templar were awesome... before they were screwed over by a coward. But I digress.

I do know what you mean about plot armour it ruins so many good characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, they think it's better to attack tanks from far away. Cowardly and dishonourable, I say!

The true Templar way to take out a tank is to leap from the burning wreck that was a storm raven with no injuries thanks to the commander, and then promptly beating the tank to death with chainswords. Who needs grenades, we have zeal.

Apparently, they think it's better to attack tanks from far away. Cowardly and dishonourable, I say!

The true Templar way to take out a tank is to leap from the burning wreck that was a storm raven with no injuries thanks to the commander, and then promptly beating the tank to death with chainswords. Who needs grenades, we have zeal.

A True Templar looks at a warhound titan then looks at a nearby jump pack and thunderhammer thinks 'challenge accepted.'

When your first serious army has every unit geared for close combat. No exceptions.

So Ork players are Black Templars according to that standard :tongue.:.  That gives me a wonderful conversion idea...Orks dressed up as Black Templars for my 'Ard Boyz!  I'll even throw in a token Ultramarine for lols.

You should have mentioned something about ZEAL and abhoring the witch.

Edited by FashaTheDog

Black Tide v. Green Tide.  Fire with fire :wink:

Seeing a green tide is normal. The first time someone sees a Black Tide, especially in Cities of Death, they tend to be at a loss for how they will deal with it.

The first cities of death game I ever played I outnumbered the IG player at least 2-1. And he only had like 4 tanks.

You know you're a Black Templar ............

When Firepower is disappointed with your Tournament win because you used Tactical squads and had no Neophytes. So as a self penance you paint 10, and have another 10 you are working on now so that such Accusations of "not a Templar" will never be had again.

You know your a black templar when you prime guys black and they could be half painted... but you still end up with forty different coats of paint including multiple blacks...

This so painfully true.

@firepower about to egg on and show dominance against the skirts sir! /salute.

Please don't paddle me...

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

Never say never.  My vigil is eternal. :eek:

And so help me if you field them as Scout squads I am taking away your Templar decoder ring!

Black Templars get decoder rings?  I might not paint that double handed pose Emperor's Champion as a Khorne Lord after all!

Never say never.  My vigil is eternal. :eek:

And so help me if you field them as Scout squads I am taking away your Templar decoder ring!

Black Templars get decoder rings?  I might not paint that double handed pose Emperor's Champion as a Khorne Lord after all!

Such a shame for it to be painted as a Khorne Lord... especially since its a ltd. ed.   :unsure.:  I'd buy it from you anyday :D