You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

Never say never.  My vigil is eternal. :eek:

And so help me if you field them as Scout squads I am taking away your Templar decoder ring!

Black Templars get decoder rings?  I might not paint that double handed pose Emperor's Champion as a Khorne Lord after all!

Surely merely conceptualizing something like that is Heresy of the utmost degree?!

Never say never.  My vigil is eternal. :eek:

And so help me if you field them as Scout squads I am taking away your Templar decoder ring!

Black Templars get decoder rings?  I might not paint that double handed pose Emperor's Champion as a Khorne Lord after all!

Surely merely conceptualizing something like that is Heresy of the utmost degree?!

I know right?  Scouts in a Black Templar army?  What foul heretic could even imagine such a thing!

• 2 weeks later...

When you're moving and one of your heavier, Storm Eagle sized books slips out a stack in your hands, skidding from about 1m high onto the table right where your "Reclusiam Honor Guard" unit stands, ready for transfer and the only damage the book does to them is knock two of them off their bases. Damn, their zeal and the faith in the Emperor makes them tough.

When, already at the new place, you're putting miniatures back on shelves and the Emperor's Champion similarly "jumps" off the tray they were on, smack in the middle of the Chaos shelf, towards Abaddon, Huron and Ahriman. Welp, he does Accept any Challenge, for Dorn and the Emperor.

When you're moving and one of your heavier, Storm Eagle sized books slips out a stack in your hands, skidding from about 1m high onto the table right where your "Reclusiam Honor Guard" unit stands, ready for transfer and the only damage the book does to them is knock two of them off their bases. Damn, their zeal and the faith in the Emperor makes them tough.

When, already at the new place, you're putting miniatures back on shelves and the Emperor's Champion similarly "jumps" off the tray they were on, smack in the middle of the Chaos shelf, towards Abaddon, Huron and Ahriman. Welp, he does Accept any Challenge, for Dorn and the Emperor.

I once left my bag of Templar dice at a friends house, he brought them back in the same case he carried his demons and grey knights. Week later a bunch of the demons fell apart, I told him that's what happens when you pack that much zeal into a case full of demons and psykers.

Edited by Lysere

Hello brothers I have a question. I have recently acquired medieval 2: total war. I'm trying to figure out a faction that's the most "templar like". I was thinking either England, France, or the the Holy Roman Empire. My medieval history isn't all that great unfortunately.

Ahhh, the Holy Roman Empire.  Which was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.

God I wish I could remember where I heard that joke.  Anyway, that's about as far as my historical knowledge of medieval Europe goes. :teehee:

Ah, Google says Voltaire.  Bummer.  I liked it a lot more before I knew that. :P

Edited by Firepower

Ahhh, the Holy Roman Empire.  Which was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.

God I wish I could remember where I heard that joke.  Anyway, that's about as far as my historical knowledge of medieval Europe goes. :teehee:

Ah, Google says Voltaire.  Bummer.  I liked it a lot more before I knew that. :tongue.:

Did Google mean Vandire?

Hello brothers I have a question. I have recently acquired medieval 2: total war. I'm trying to figure out a faction that's the most "templar like". I was thinking either England, France, or the the Holy Roman Empire. My medieval history isn't all that great unfortunately.

The Black Templars take their fluff from the Knights of Saint John (Malta/Cyprus), and the Tetonic Knights (Prussiaish).  Or that's how i have seen it, others may differ.

The Black Templars take their fluff from the Knights of Saint John (Malta/Cyprus), and the Tetonic Knights (Prussiaish).  Or that's how i have seen it, others may differ.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, I'll add that reading Born in Blood is an interesting historical review of the Templar origins and mystery surrounding their fates.  Scotland would be a place where they are allegedly known to go underground.  

You know you're a Black Templar when you get invited to play an Assasins game, and while everyone else is arguing over the Vindicare or the Eversor, you proclaim "bagsy Culexus."

They look at you for a moment, then realise why, and just go "ah, yeah, fair enough."

When even the Dark Angels  every chapter master looks better as a Templar ;)

FIFY

Haha true. But I guess part of my point is that model is so terrible ><. Really the only reason I'm painting it is because I really like the bullpup combi plasma :lol:

And you know, to piss off the DA :D

Honda, on 02 May 2015 - 3:56 PM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

When even the Dark Angels  every chapter master looks better as a Templar :wink:

FIFY

Haha true. But I guess part of my point is that model is so terrible ><. Really the only reason I'm painting it is because I really like the bullpup combi plasma :laugh.:

And you know, to piss off the DA :biggrin.:

...when you see every day as a new opportunity to harass the DA and point out their insecurities.

Honda, on 02 May 2015 - 3:56 PM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

When even the Dark Angels  every chapter master looks better as a Templar :wink:

FIFY

Haha true. But I guess part of my point is that model is so terrible ><. Really the only reason I'm painting it is because I really like the bullpup combi plasma :laugh.:

And you know, to piss off the DA :biggrin.:

...when you see every day as a new opportunity to harass the DA and point out their insecurities.

Never pass up a good opportunity :devil: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306914-e-tenebrae-lux-iv-dark-angels-strategium/?p=4028697

I know that feeling - My upcoming vows are almost all DA kits that have been repurposed for a loftier cause :D

Nephilim < Blacktalon (Stormtalon)

Deathwing Knights < Reclusiam Swordbrethren (Assault Terminators)

Ravenwing Command Squad < Heavy Lancers (Power-lance Bike Command Squad and Chaplain)

You know you're a Black Templar when you chuckle at the DA's 'Black Knights.' They're the Mods' Mopeds to our Rocking Harley ;)

NEEDS MORE SKULLS AND CHAINS!