• 2 weeks later...

Well this accidental army has taken on a life of its own and really got the hobby flowing, I've since added a 10 man assault intercessor squad to the WIP and will be building a repulsor later. After this initial lot are done I'll be working on the ravenwing contingent and following that will be working on the command elements.

That'll put me around 2000 points, so after that I'm knocking up some firstborn elements to give me some more flexibility.

Maybe then I'll be able to finish up a couple of abandoned projects and actually crack on with my Night Lords.

Ok. Since my last post I've built a repulsor, done some minor conversion work on some outriders, modified a resin base for the repulsor as I don't have the attachment gubbinz, primed the repulsor, eradicator squad and outriders (by brush), based all of the above and got the base coats and initial highlights on the repulsor and eradicators (again by brush).

Now for the green edge highlights on the eradicators, remaining assault intercessors and repulsor:sweat:

Brief update, all edge highlighting is done on infantry and about a 3rd of the repulsor.

Got a bit rough on the last few assault intercessors, but the final glaze should sort that out.

The repulsor basecoat ended up a bit brighter than expected, but I can tone that down with some pin shading once all the highlights are done.

Next update will have some pics of everything so far, which is quite a bit.

Well as promised here are some pics of where everything stands.

For an accidental army this seems to be growing out of control. I've already planned out around 2500-3000 points and still have more I'll likely add.

Everything here is 70-90% done, hopefully I'll finish up this section by the end of the week.

Please excuse the Zombicide box, only level surface I had to hand.

So far this is 1270 points. 

I already have the first Primaris Ravenwing and Deathwing contingents ready to start and am currently working on some Firstborn Company Vets which I'm bringing up to Primaris height as I plan to run them as Sternguard. The rest of the Firstborn will be ran as intended and there are quite a few on the way.

Without further ado...

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

Edited by Razblood

Progress on the above stalled a bit as I got distracted by my proxy Sternguard who are now almost at the same paint stage, also stabbing myself in the index finger whilst cleaning up flash didn't help.

Also finally dug out the last ever Christmas present my wife got me from 2020 before she passed, a Gladiator tank which will be added to this army once I decide which variant I'm going for as I haven't got enough magnets to make it swappable and can't justify the cost at the moment.

I'll be taking my time with that one.

More to come.

19 hours ago, Razblood said:

stabbing myself in the index finger whilst cleaning up flash didn't help.

The Blood God cares not whence the blood flows! :laugh: 

19 hours ago, Razblood said:

Also finally dug out the last ever Christmas present my wife got me from 2020 before she passed ... I'll be taking my time with that one.

Sorry to hear that. :sad: I hope you're able to paint it to a standard you're happy with, and will give you happy memories when you look at it in the future. :smile: 

Well things have got a bit mental.

Just final touches left painting wise on the current lot, then the fun of decals. Thankfully I've got some microsol/set so hopefully the learning curve isn't too steep.

I'll throw some pics up once they're up to snuff.

Now we come to what's next.

I've been prompted to go through my collection of random marine aquisitions and suffice to say I've got way more than I thought.

75+ scouts, half of which are metal.

I've earmarked 30 of those to join my 2nd/3rd ed style Blood Angels which is currently comprised of a demi-company of classic metal marines and various other bits.

20 close combat scouts which will be spread to other projects (Ultras and ????) As I found a near complete Terminator Marneus and full Victrix command squad as well as a few other things hidden away.

5 to join the Vika Fenryka, another surprise find of near complete Grimnar, Bjorn and a few Wolfy boys to accompany them.

And finally 20 sniper scouts, 5 of which I'd already painted up for my DA but now they be reinforced as the idea of 18 precision sniper shots and a couple of missiles firing along with my Eliminators made me feel a bit like a super villain :devil:

Several Land Raiders, Whirlwinds and various other tanks and a few drop pods. Most of these will need a lot of work, but right now I'm motivated so why not.

Enough Terminators to field a solo Deathwing force and enough bikes and speeders to do the same for Ravenwing.

Oh and at bare minimum a hundred+ Marines in various states, which if I was to combine with the stuff I have painted for older armies would give me about 250 -300 or so. These will be salvaged and then split between the various forces listed above.

So yeah, busy times ahead :cool:

Edited by Razblood
sp

2 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

That's ... a lot of Scouts and Marines! :eek:

That's only the 40k lot, also 250 - 300 is a conservative estimate :laugh:

Also got 100+ 30k Marines, of which about 60-70 are reserved for the Night Lords. 

Just totalled up the complete DA army as currently planned......6995pts.

That's not even including a lot of the stuff I was originally planning!?!

Should I get there I may just decide to take it up to 10k, but that is to be decided then.

Well I'm gonna kick back for a day or two, just to avoid burnout.

Next post may just have those pics.

Well the filter went wrong and became a very vibrant orange.

Managed to persevere though and this is where I got to.

#90smarinechallenge I don't think has officially started yet and I'm almost done :laugh:

DSC_0119.JPG

Finished up another Librarian, this time for my Deathwing contingent.

Thanks to today's announcements I'm going to have to rejig a good portion of my planned army such as what to do with 20 sniper scouts (10 of which are pretty much done) and most of my planned Ravenwing.

Shame really as I had my first game of 10th on Friday and the snipers performed pretty well despite a lack of good targets.

But it was quite cool to have 75% of my army infiltrate :ph34r: and their rifles are scary in numbers, especially combined with oath of moment.

DSC_0125.JPG

Edited by Razblood
Pic

Started building the most important unit in my army, due to its personal connection.

The Gladiator.

Was looking at ways of magnetising it when I realised through my sleep deprived stupor that I don't actually need to. The turret can be left unglued for swapping the main gun as it's a reasonably snug fit and the sponsors can be pin mounted making for easy swaps, though due to component shortage I'm having to swap in spare repulsor storm bolters, but they fit fine.

Will post some pics once it's all built and primed.

Ok, been taking some time so I don't burn out, also semi addicted to Kingdoms of Amalur atm so not much progress to show on anything.

However, when I was sorting out my squads to fit the index point costs I realized that I had 2 etb Hellblasters going spare (I used to run a squad of 7) and also had 3 etb Intercessors knocking about so I decided to try and convert the Intercessors into Hellblasters without having any spare Hellblaster guns.

Here's what I came up with so far.

DSC_0129.JPG

As the thread name change suggests, there is change on the horizon...

Still continuing with my Dark Angels, got more greenwing in progress which I will post pics of soon.

Decided to finish up my Death Guard as I'm just shy of 3000pts, so I'll get the few bits half finished done and the few bits not started too.

Got an old school Blood Angels project I was planning on the drawing board, already got Dante, Mephiston, a Librarian, Company Vets and Death Company squad done for these and a lot more metal goodness to come that I will post up here.

Then there's my Eldar, they've been on the back burner since 7th ed but they were a passion project that I amassed quite a bit of stuff for so they will be getting done at some point.

Finally there's my Heresy army....

I love the Night Lords, I love their look and fluff but since painting up a Praetor and demi-squad I have had no interest in painting them.

I think this is due to them not really looking fluffy and not being able to fix that without a lot of work that I just can't be bothered to do.

So I'll save the Night Lords army plan for some point in the future, especially now I've had a good look at the newer Chaos Marine sculpts.

So my Heresy force will be swapping legions, with a few minis in the test scheme currently occupying my brush.

I'll post some pics up once they're nearly done.

But yeah, there's a lot more to come in this thread.

Edited by Razblood