Wow i haven't updated this in forever, but then again I did suddenly find myself working 60 hour weeks so it kinda put a crimp in everything else :(

However as I am now unemployed (hopefully briefly) I have a bit more hobby time on my hands and will be throwing the odd thing up as and when I'm working on it, though a good part of what I've been doing recently is a bit Xenosy so naturally that won't be making an appearence.

I have however got a bit of the Heresy bug and just finished up my first 5 Mk3 Marines (Bar squad markings and some work on bases) So here are a few pics :)

med_gallery_39897_5762_855251.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1572014.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1204116.jpg

Sons of Vulkan RISE :furious:

Built the rest of the squad last night, trying to hold of on priming until I get a bunch more stuff built so that I can do it all at once with the airbrush.

Started building my Tartaros squad too, though I'm not sure which legion they and the Mk4s will be done as?

More to come.....

• 4 months later...

Well, turns out performing the rite of activation on a new motherboard just causes it to combust spectacularly...

...Nevertheless I shall persevere as I do on fact have stuff to show off, just need to figure out how to upload picts from this thrice-damned device....

Well, turns out performing the rite of activation on a new motherboard just causes it to combust spectacularly...

...Nevertheless I shall persevere as I do on fact have stuff to show off, just need to figure out how to upload picts from this thrice-damned device....

warhammer-40k-tech-support-have-you-trie

Gave up and hooked it up to my PC, please excuse the extreme flash as I've had to take these with my phone since I have mispalced my camera charger.

med_gallery_39897_5762_290134.jpg

First things first, some progress on my Templars. this is half of the Sword Brethren/Command Squad including Company Champion.

I've currently got a full Crusader Squad, Dread & Assault Squad on the go too.

med_gallery_39897_5762_339496.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_289393.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_805913.jpg

Salamanders Cataphractii Squad, to join the MkIII Tactical Squad I've already done.

These are accompanied by...

med_gallery_39897_5762_505295.jpg

Salamanders Cataphractii Captain/Praetor. I've also got Vulkan He'Stan waiting to have his spear reconstructed (damned failcast!)

med_gallery_39897_5762_415953.jpg

Imperial Fists Captain/Praetor, joins the MKIV Tactical Squad and Contemptor Dread I've already done (pics to follow of them).

He is very WIP, being prepped for an upcoming game of 40K in which I plan to run my "Triumvirate of Dorn" list which will also contain...

med_gallery_39897_5762_689565.jpg

Knights of Dorn Primaris Leiutenant, accompanies a 5-man Intercessor squad (pics to follow soon) and will soon be joined by...

med_gallery_39897_5762_267714.jpg

Again very WIP, head is done, rest needs to follow.

So if you have opinions, comments and whathaveyou make them known below.

I have returned......

Good luck, Razblood, looking forward to seeing what you've got going now when that pesky cogitator stops being pesky. Have you applied the proper unguents?

Thankfully it was for a 2nd PC build, just been taking up a lot of my time recently what with the fires and all :lol:

Got my second intercessor squad and lieutenant primed and ready for base coats, no real progress on the two captains to speak of and now I've had my interest piqued by Uprising's xenos painting challenge.....it never ends :lol:

• 3 months later...

Well I've had some time to think things over decided that I have far too many projects on the go at once.

So it's time for some refocusing and pruning.

I will be soon selling off my 2nd ed Blood Angels army, just need to work out the value of an all metal demi company :lol:

I'm putting my Dark Angels and Flesh Tearers aside for the moment as I've got enough done with each for gaming purposes, same deal with my chaos but I've got an entire Death Guard army to work on in the near future.

Salamanders are also taking a break, until I figure out which direction to take them.

So that leaves Aeldari, Orks, Knights of Dorn, Black Templars, Imperial Fists and White Stars....and after 19 years I've decided to can the White Stars.

I've just completely lost interest in the scheme and so I've decided to repurpose the near complete battle company into a new force that fits more with what I'm doing now, update to follow......

• 3 months later...

Well here are some pics as promised, nothing focused, just some bits and bobs I've done over the past year.

I'm generally happy with all of them, especially the Primaris Librarian conversion.

BaC Contemptor

med_gallery_39897_5762_2023049.jpg

Painted this up alongside a Tactical Squad and Captain, however I've decided that Imp Fists are not for me so at some point they will all be rededicated to another Legion. Just need to figure out which? A simple cut at the hip allowed for a bit more dynamism from this normally crappily posed model.

Custom Emperor's Champion

med_gallery_39897_5762_374809.jpg

Amongst the first completed part of my BT army, quite pleased with how he turned out.

Mephiston

med_gallery_39897_5762_1347405.jpg

An experiment where I used Tamiya Clear Red on the plastron to make it look more lifelike, I think it came out pretty well. Part of the retro (90%+ metal) BA army that I've had inhabiting a box for the past 2 years. Was planning to sell it off, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it :lol:

Geigor Fellhand

med_gallery_39897_5762_1623500.jpg

Decided to paint up him and Ahriman for funsies, they are now potentially destined to reside in my local GW store's cabinets (as long as the Manager likes them :lol:).

Just finished Ahriman a couple of days ago, but I'll post up a pic or two of him by next week.

Knights of Dorn Primaris Librarian (scratch)

med_gallery_39897_5762_1351558.jpg

Extremely happy with how this guy came out, though the GS is a bit rough as I'm out of practice :lol:

He's made from the easy to build Intercessor Sergeant along with a few other bits. Happiest with the overall paintjob as I think it's some of my best work, especially the freehand on his right pauldron.

Anyway guys and gals, let me know what you think?

There is a lot more to come as far as my many (many, many) army projects, such as the 1500 pt Crimson Fist army I bashed out in a couple of weeks, my Knights of Dorn Primaris force so far, my 2000 pt Black Templar army (which was initially just going to be an allied patrol force) and thanks to the rules change on site my chldren of Altansar and my Ork hor (it's not quite big enough to be a horde at only 90 odd boyz strong :wink: )

So yeah, more to come.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Bjorn Firewalker & Hushrong: Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Vow 3 of ETL complete, here are the glamour shots:

med_gallery_39897_14558_198004.jpg

med_gallery_39897_14558_1071634.jpg

med_gallery_39897_14558_911173.jpg

med_gallery_39897_14558_951243.jpg

Taking a break to possibly work on another army, mainly because I need to restock on a certain wash. But more ETL goodness will be coming :devil:

Edited by Razblood

Let the CRUSADE never end!!!!

The Emperors champ you've seen above, here are some of his brethren.

Company Champ & Sword Brethren

med_gallery_39897_5762_669067.jpg

Crusader squad

med_gallery_39897_5762_988634.jpg

Brother Bors

med_gallery_39897_5762_48989.jpg

Sigismunds Wrath

med_gallery_39897_5762_1357252.jpg

There is a lot more to come with this Crusade, but that'll be for another time...

• 3 weeks later...