Hail brothers!

I present Veteran Brother Abraham of the Iron Knights Chapter.

med_gallery_39897_5762_31409.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_861713.jpg

Not happy with the freehand and his thighs got a bit buggered when I dropped him but I think he came out alright.

Might make a couple more of these in the future as display pieces, hopefully showing improvement with each :lol:

There will be a more substantial update soon, but I'm still sorting through all the stuff I got as well as repairing a Baal Pred I got at my FLGS for

Wordy update.

Not too much time for painting recently as between bouts ofsoul crushing pain I have been focussed on getting prepped for the ETL.

Ready for priming so far are -

20 Zerkers

3 Oblits

Defiler

Pred Destructor

2 Helbrutes

5 Terminators

6 Chosen

Krannon Conversion

5 Plague Marines

15 - 20 Chaos Marines

5 Possessed

Still got a ways to go with prepping, then comes priming......by hand.......gods have mercy :blink.:

Also decided that I didn't want to to do another straight marine army, so instead will be doing a crusade style army with each chapter represented by a squad with H.Q. units being members of the same chapter as one of the squads. Figured this will let me get a wide variety of colour schemes under my belt which will help with something I'm planning down the line.

I'll be using 30mm bases here too so I can mess about with basing a bit more.

Proper pic updates will resume in the very near future, need to paint something soon :lol:

Greetings my gentlefolk,

I have just costed up everything for the ETL and suffice it to say that I will have over 5000pts of TT standard painted Chaos by August :sweat:

Last year I did just over 2000pts so that will give you an idea of this years amount.

I'm not going to put any pics of this stuff up until vow time, especially since I still have an amazing amount of prep work to do, but in the meantime I will be posting up some loyalist goodies :smile.:

Edited by Razblood

Update time again.

Please welcome the last member of my Flesh Tearers Death Company -

med_gallery_39897_5762_933917.jpg

Really enjoyed painting this guy and think I've got the pose and the weathering just right.

Also here's a vintage son of Sotha in honour of Grizzly Bear's Scythes of the Emperor

med_gallery_39897_5762_1502960.jpg

This was painted entirely with the Game Color Starter Set I recently got, with the addition of Soft Tone & Dark Tone from Army Painter.

Not too much fun was had here as since I was limiting the paints I was using it meant I had to mix a skin tone, which was a pain :lol:

Anyway, let me know your thoughts...if you have any :tu:

Well....thank you man.....really appeciate that. You've really nailed that well done man.

Also what's this blue and red and white chapter?

Finished building another Chaos Mrine squad last night.

Also discovered a hatred for the stupid ramscoop on the Storm Raven, so I think i'll just smooth out the top plate and leave it off.

Got work in a few hours, but when I get back I'm either going to finish the Brazen Claws assault squad or build the next Chaos squad.

I'm currently well ahead of schedule for the prep work, but I know all the priming is going to take a while.....gods I need an airbrush :lol:

Cheers Sock :tu:

Gold was stupidly easy, Balthasar base, Gehennas layer, shade with Strong Tone, highlight with Gehennas, extreme highlight with very old hex pot Shining gold & glaze with Soft Tone.

Parchment is VGC Beasty Brown base, layer VMC Buff, pinwash creases with Strong Tone, highlight with VMC Ivory & glaze with Soft Tone then bust out the XS Faber Castell Artist pen.

Update time!

Need to do a bit of GS work here and there on my ETL stuff before priming can commence, which I'm procrastinating about heavily :lol:

In the process of decanting my old GW paints into droppers, just finished the Foundation Set and realised how low I am on some colours :(

And I have another squad for my Crusade Army built and ready to go, which I'll probably start & finish before I finish the Brazen Claw squad :lol:

In relation to that I have decided that the rest of the Crusade Army will be combat squads, with each squad being an homage to someone else on the B&C's chosen army, which will start with said new squad :)

Later frater........

Thought I'd throw up some pics of the squad mentioned in my last post, so here they are -

med_gallery_39897_5762_1027845.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1527462.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_807580.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1131446.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_266045.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1287111.jpg

(Please ignore paint, it was by the previous owner)

So who do you think these guys are gonna represent :P

Got it in one :tu:

It's a bit of embuggerence however having to mix up the colours/washes for certain steps in Grizz's scheme as I don't have the same paints for the most part :lol:

Got the first 3 layer basecoat and first wash done on them last night, aiming to get the next couple of steps in the yellow done tonight.

Update time!

Finally finished the Yellow on the squad, heres the pics to prove it -

med_gallery_39897_5762_961152.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1488933.jpg

And here is the palette of colours I used to achieve this (minus Tau Sept Ochre)

med_gallery_39897_5762_1771017.jpg

Let me know what you think people :tu:

Got all the metal base-coats laid down with good old Boltgun Metal, really wish i'd picked up a few pots of this before the changeover :lol:

Now started laying down the black base-coat, so pregress is being made :)

Still need to figure out what scheme to do the nid bits in though?

Black base is done and I went over the metals with a Boltgun/Tin Bitz mix to make them a bit more aged looking.

Next will be the Black highlight which I think I'll use Fenris Grey for since it's the closest I have to Shadow Grey.

I'll get some more pics up in the next couple of days :thumbsup:

Edited by Razblood

Here's the squad in it's current state -

med_gallery_39897_5762_1153814.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1737856.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_403543.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1315577.jpg

Highlights look very rough on the Black right now, but this will all be sorted in the next few stages.

So let me know your thoughts guys, it helps inspire me to keep going :)

Just spilt a good portion of the very little devlan mud in my possession :-(

However the squad is looking pretty good \m/

I'll get some pics up tomorrow once I've got a bit more done.

I half-inched the recipe for the yellow from fellow board member Grizzly Bear, though I had to make some modifications to accommodate our different paint ranges. I am quite pleased with the final result.

The weathering however has me a bit stuck :lol:

More pics inbound.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1267395.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1223462.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_393140.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1408709.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_796180.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1230836.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_847974.jpg

These guys are done now bar finishing the bases and a bit of light weathering.

I'll post some final pics up when thats done.

They have been a lot of fun to paint, really challenged me at times :lol: but now it's time to focus elsewhere.......