NL's 8th [upd: 22.8.2014]

DarkVen

That terminator lord with the 'claws of the night' ;)

Looks brilliant, Breyer conversation skills then my self, I do agree that the 'wings' look fragile and to me they look off, if I may suggest...I would go with spikes or have half a IG corpse flayed and speared on pole? Just an idea.

Humm.. what about having the "bat" wings start from say the colarbones area? it would give some more protection from side attacks too? And some armour studes/spikes on the bakside of the fist for a nasty armourcracking backhand ?
Love the pose and model! wicked! and rough up the chainmail a bitt mabya bullet hole in it to or two? and like master Deamon said maby some item/Trophy one the bigger area of the skinloincloth area or stitches + face in it.. :D its brutal after all ;)

• 3 weeks later...

JeffTibbetts

Pistons are plasticard tubes + copperwire, the body of the fists are just regular fists, on top of the fingers are claws from warp talons kit.

AVE DOMINUS NOX, ladies and gentlemen!

Delay, again. Ooops sweat.gif though I didn't say on which Sunday I will post progress...

Anyway, here he is:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8woUYWL2wng/UnZWydPtsBI/AAAAAAAAATE/HfozMXt4bJ8/s1600/Azanael_WIP_4_2.jpg

There is some minor changes done by now, but you can get the idea by looking at this picture.

I already have him painted, but something went wrong with my camera. I wanted to post both unpainted and painted pics in one post today... oh well...

Anyway, what do you think?

DV

AWESOME. This my brother, is why you continue to hold the Crown of Midnight when it comes to our beloved VIIIth legion. I love every single detail, from the armor trim to the amazing cloak, and that helmet is seriously the pinnacle of your brutal art. Ave Dominus Nox!

Jimbus. Friggin'. Christmas. Morning. On. Cake. Or something, I don't know. That thing's lush and gorgeous, like some monstrous, baroque sea predator. You're a credit to the profession, DV. It's giving me the itch to work on my own neglected Astartes hellspawn again.

Good gravy, that model purely oozes character. It looks like it was made to square off against other characters. So, going to upload newer pictures soon, or what? ^_^

Wow. I don't know how to reply to your comments guys, it's just too much complement. Many thanks, I'm really glad that you like the model. Judging by the responses I've hit the bull's eye, speaking about model's character and the impression it leaves. That is the best achievement I could get.

Dan The Deamon

Many thanks! This time the captain looks not so humble ;)

death given form

Thank you! I hope I did improve my skills with this model, and that I got a bit closer to GW-level.

Brother Heinrich

Thanks, brother, but it is you, who provide regular reinforcement to the VIIIth Legion that keep this thing rolling.

the Belgian one

Thank you :) yes, but now only painted. I was promised that my camera will be fixed by this weekend, so you need just wait for a few days.

batu

Thanks! I hope I'll bring painting to similar level too.

Xavier Targhost

Many thanks! That is the best rank he can get :)

Lexington

Thank you :) that would be awesome if this would make you return to your marines.

Olisredan

"Master of duels"-achievement get. Thanks :) As for the pictures, I think, I will post some on Sunday, along with his burax-retinue.

1000heathens

Thanks, bit it's just about free time and loneliness... 

Not going to lie, the head still just rubs me the wrong way. It seem stubby, like he smashed his face against a wall. This is of course a matter of opinion after all.

The cloak is absolutely stellar and is most definitely  the highlight of this model. The leg and torso structure is also well done, though I must admit it does seem a tad bit static in my eyes. Maybe had you pushed to back leg a little further or relaxed his arms, he wouldn't seem.. 'seized up'.

The only other comment I think I can make is I think you should probably do something about the blank space underneath the cataphracti shoulderpads. Skin patches, chains, something to make it look like real cataphracti shoulders. The chains from the chaos lord on Manticore kit would do perfectly for this bit.

Just my two cents, mate.

Many thanks, noctus, for your reply.

You get the idea of the helmet right (although 'smash against a wall' is not the most beautiful matching, but it works). The intension was to make a terminator helmet that would look compact and rough. Some would say it's not a bug, it's a feature.

I agree, the pose is a little bit excess (if I get you right), but it's too late to change it now, so I believe it may work, as the model itself is a little bit excess, with all the detailing and 'come get some' look.

Yes, I have already filled it with chains :)

• 2 months later...

I for one don't mind the threadomancy (this time at least), because I don't know how but I somehow missed the current posting of that terrifyingly amazing Terminator Lord, that thing is monstrous. eek.gif

Archived