Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

I had been wondering how to reconfigure a Drop Pod in case I wanted to use it for a Dread (or Cents in my Crimson Fists detachment).  I suppose it doesn't really matter what the detailing is inside, but it's still better if it at least looks like a Dreadnought could stand in there.

Vow 2 Complete.

BOOM!                                                        BOOM!

19323726821_05132b3c9a_h.jpg

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! ... BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

19319779635_4da37a2179_h.jpg

Now, that's a lot of dead xenos :nuke:  :devil:

Log, log, log

:biggrin.:

bs

Edited by Brother Stobz

Is this distracting you from painting? [taps foot impatiently]

:yes:

But I only got it yesterday, so not too much yet. The Pods took a tonne of painting time due to all their edges and stuff, not even talking about the 80 missiles that needed three coats and point detailing :devil:. If I'd painted the hulls all green they would have taken a week less but they are still a pain in the rear to paint for their table worth. It's really great to have them finally done :thumbsup:

I'm a little disappointed with the Visions style inside of this Dex compared to all the other ones, it's not very grimdark anymore. I think they need border art on each page like they used to have, and not just multiple versions of the same photos regardless of how shiny they are.    Meh, that's been discussed elsewhere a fair bit.

The quality of packaging and presentation is miles better than the C:SM versions I've seen so not all bad there. I really like the soft touch cover :wink:

I now look forward to writing a few good lists before next weekends game vs Tau; but as for the painting, I'm out of town until then so nothing happening on that front so keep that foot tapping mate :tongue.:

Edited by Brother Stobz

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a school holiday trip to the snowy south slowed the last fortnight down a heap. But after three nights work, I have managed to give Ferdinand some magentised feet.

FEEEEEEEET:

19119346553_51c6083242_b.jpg

His top bits of the hull and small weapons aren't glued on yet, I guess that's next....sanding the joins, heating out the warps with the hair dryer and then thrashing the super glue gel into the gaps :tongue.:

Edit: Also need to change and paint the head on one of the pilots, find some red transparent sheet for the windows, write names on him and add a little bit of 3rd Company identification. Then he'll be finished in Hover mode, I will then have to look at a flying stand for him so he can get raised up off the table for flying awesomeness.

Log, Log, Log...

BS

Edited by Brother Stobz

Thanks dude; shame I cannot find time to vow again for the ETL without risking failure, but it gives me a great chance to get back into this project.

I'm still without hobby funds after buying a LE Dex so I might as well get stuff I already own finished up a bit :)

:D

bs

• 4 weeks later...

So;

I just had the most amazing 4000 point battle vs 2k of Tau and 2k of Templars. I had two 2k lists, one battleforged with a Battle Company, RWSS(triple Typhoons and an LSV) and triple Whirlwinds and an unbound one with triple Preds, triple vindies and a Thunderhawk!!! There was a little allowance for how I constructed the two armies due to the short notice, as a mate couldn't make the planned doubles match up and my opponents letting me take my plane!!! fitting it in required a little cheating with a borrowing of the company chaplain to be the warlord of the unbound army. Points were accurate though.

The main thing was that after almost FIVE years since I brought the bird I have actually used it in a game, thanks so much to you guys for your nagging and thanks to my mates for being suckers for a BIG MODEL!

Here is a crappy pic of the third round of the game; too much sunlight seeping in all around because I don't live in a basement :tongue.:  He is balanced on some sturdy terrain but didn't need much more movement after that as by the end of turn four it was a rout in my favour. Sorry Bros :wink:

20234120349_02cabbdcac_b.jpg

I still have the front TLHBs to glue on, and some red 3rd Company markings to paint, then it's only the base to go.

I will follow up some decent pics of the boy once he is 100% but no flying base.

Log, log, log

stobz

Edited by Brother Stobz

So;

I just had the most amazing 4000 point battle vs 2k of Tau and 2k of Templars. I had ............ a little cheating ..................

Sorry mate, the rest of the words were too blurry to read. Caught this bit though. :tongue.:

Was good to see the T'hawk on the table. Next game we're getting payback!! :furious:

Chur

Funny you should ask about them Malakithe; they did a fantastic job amidst my Greenwing plan.

Can you see where I deployed them? They stayed there until turn four when they turbo boosted up to help in the clean up.

They didn't fire a shot all game but performed their task of table control by 'encouraging' the deepstriking Tau suits to arrive in front or beside my lines instead of behind it.

I used TLLC Razor spam with interlocking fields of fire as my main effort, with the triple preds as a flank diversion and my triple Vindies held in reserve as Death star cleaner. The Razors needed to be a bit forward on the big table to ensure mutual support between my three groups and needed their bums protected.

The RWSS were in that support as DS protection and rapid reserve role, not being used is a sign of their shared success.

EDIT: I lost five space marine bodies, one pred, one whirlie and three razors all battle. 'gloating Ryld mate' :pirate:

:D

stobz

Edited by Brother Stobz