Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Just paint the fuselage, not the wings, heavy bolters, or anything else.  So, just mask the boundaries and paint the red bend on either using a brush or airbrush (either will give you a lot of control), and touch up as needed. Highlight/weather any hard edges, and there you have it.

Edited by shabbadoo

I have a new friend, he just opened a hobby shop 2 minutes from my home...AWESOME!!!!

The owner Dan at Valhalla Games took this pic and stuck it on his FB page.

Cool pic, THk is clipped and blue-tacked together and still has bits not on it. But put all together it probably doesn't need a red stripe on the hull, agree?

11056082_767205600061506_553185277205261

Big pic is big, sorry 'bout that :tongue.:

EDIT: Please excuse Papa Smurf :wink:

BS

Edited by Brother Stobz

Warlord...Muahaha ;) that'd take me a lifetime.

I have a Warhound that is older than my thunderbird and in a less ready state :P

"The Slackening" indeed :rolleyes: I appear to be painting as much as many folks here :lol:

stobz

Warlord...Muahaha ;) that'd take me a lifetime.

I have a Warhound that is older than my thunderbird and in a less ready state :P

"The Slackening" indeed :rolleyes: I appear to be painting as much as many folks here :lol:

stobz

Well actually I think that giving this thunderhawk the Name "Caliban's slacker" or "Slacker's Wings" could fit nicely...

Another slow period for me, curse you social life :tongue.:  I did get these last little bits done though.

That makes it official, every bit of the Slackenhawk is painted! I do need to add freehand and other bits to it once assembled because that'll require a holistic approach (it may or may not receive a red stripe. probably not as none of my other 3rd Company vehicles do, it'll probably get a few smaller company markings though). Plus a few touch ups where required.

Now I face the challenge of magnetising the undercarriage (lowered and raised states), air-brakes (open and closed) and bits of the hull; probably the nose-cone but definitely the tail for storage safety reasons.

Anyway here be the last boring bits...sorry 'bout that :biggrin.:

17307444142_2a6b0a38f7_c.jpg

Log, Log, Log...

:biggrin.:

BS

Edited by Brother Stobz

So I was searching for inspiration on Company Veterans squads last night and I came across a thread from 2012 where Stobz was talking about a Thunderhawk he was working on for his 3rd Company... is this the same model? :ohmy.:

Unfortunately!

His glacial painting speed has been commented on ;)

:devil: One Chaplain Dreadnaught, One Ravenwing Landspeeder Vengeance, One Deathwing Lucius Pattern Drop Pod, Three Deathwing Landraiders, One Deathwing Knights squad, One Deathwing Command squad since April '13 (two years) :P

Yeah, I know, not fast, but not rough either.

BS

Edited by Brother Stobz

:devil: One Chaplain Dreadnaught, One Ravenwing Landspeeder Vengeance, One Deathwing Lucius Pattern Drop Pod, Three Deathwing Landraiders, One Deathwing Knights squad, One Deathwing Command squad since April '13 (two years) :tongue.:

Yeah, I know, not fast, but not rough either.

BS

it's a good thing you only play 1 army!:tongue.: