Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

I still have a few DeathWing dudes to do, and a lot of RavenWing too; but I am about to turn away from this digital distraction for a few hours and paint a whole lot of weapons, arms and the new shoulder pads for my 3rd Company Sergeants and Veterans (including Command dudes). They got a major re-jig with the new dex, I've had quite a few games now and am happy where my weapons (combis and specials etc.) are going....

:biggrin.:

bs

Edited by Brother Stobz

I have wrapped up 4 years of awesome building in one nights reading.  

Your Army is Tops!  I have so many models waiting to be built and painted I will definitely borrow some of what I have seen you do.

Have my DW about where I want them from playing heavy DW and an IK in 6th edition, but I have an RW box, 3 bike squads from DV box, extra speeders and 4 squads of Tacs still waiting to be built and need to finish painting some kit bashed Devs and kit bashed Vets.  Now with 7th I need to add in an assault squad and dark shroud. So as you say log, log, log....

Thanks for the inspiration Stobz.  

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dos man, hopefully I'll get a few more done soon.

R/L is biting hard at the mo though, job applications and study in the evenings is ruining my hobby time.

Come join the Club, we Rock!

:D

bs

Thanks Dos man, hopefully I'll get a few more done soon.

R/L is biting hard at the mo though, job applications and study in the evenings is ruining my hobby time.

Come join the Club, we Rock!

bs

That pun deserves a trip to the interrogation chambers, although thats a very nice thunderhawk you have there :D

~Sapphon

Brother Stobz:

Considering this thread is 50 pages of some of the best Dark Angels minis around, I'm sure you'll find your motivation soon enough. Perhaps your work space is a mess after the recent Thunderhawk marathon; I always find a good cleaning and organization effort makes it easier to start something new.

I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you decide to tackle next.

Thanks.

FC

Actually, I was going to paint tonight but facebook trapped me, man I'm finding it hard to get motivated.

Step away from FB, pick up the brush and slap some paint on something... You know it makes sense :)

Now you finished the chickenbudgie, I have to nag you about something. 5 years wasn't it?

Yep, and now it's finished it seems as though I've done enough, a sort of end of an era feeling. I know one should never waiver in doing the Lions' work, but I'm mentally having a break.

There will be more I'm sure........

:D

stobz

• 4 weeks later...

.........  OK; so I'm feeling much better and fully rested up after a month and a half of almost no painting, and I have about one month of evenings to fill prior to Summer Semester Uni kicking off.

Do I fill those evenings with a Ravenwing Command Squad or a Deathwing Terminator Squad? I need help deciding and will likely start painting tomorrow night. I'm quite excited as a few other distractions have fallen away and the mental burden I've been carrying in R/L has been lifted.

Thanks heaps in advance for your opinions, I love getting others thoughts...but I reserve the right to choose because reasons :laugh.:

Stobz

Edited by Brother Stobz

To be fair Malakithe, most of my DW are painted or partially painted, but much of my RW collection lack more than an undercoat (love Black spray ;) )

I will start with the RWCS as they do get more tabletime, then I will most likely do a squad of DW time permitting.

Cheers for the input guys, I appreciate it :tu: Painting starts tonight...

Stobz

I just finished getting my butt kicked by Eldar (Really badly), come back to my computer and get reminded how slack I am :P

I am sorry, it's school holidays here and I miscalculated how many hours I would get in the evenings with the kids going down late. My current progress is undercoats tidied up, one bike with Lead-Belcher on and some robes base coated...i.e. not much :lol:

Hopefully better progress for the coming week good Chaplain.

bs