The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

This image makes my Wolf look even darker...

12347681_10208175130272840_1750033098736

Oh, I LOVE that wolf now.  The base makes a ton of difference, and I love the gritty tone of the whole model.  It might be different to what you usually do, but it's not by any means worse.

Thanks, dude! And yeah, the base makes a big difference :)

The son of Horus and space wolf look like they just stumbled across each other on the battlefield. :biggrin.:

And I love how the alpha legionnaire has a smaller base to infiltrate more easily. :tongue.:

Hahaha, yeah two very different types of wolf. It's going to be a dog fight for sure.

The lineup is in chronological order and 32mm bases weren't a thing when I painted the Alpha, plus I really like his base so I don't want to redo it :P

I love the Wolf. He oozes menace, but I think he fits your style so well man. Honestly, the SoH is a bit bland compared to him. Well executed, but less exciting.

Thanks, bro! It's strange, but I feel the exact opposite about the Wolf and Son :P I need to get some more colour into the Wolf's palette.

I think you should paint the pad with the legion symbol white like in the poster in the art, amd perhaps do the trims in gold. I think those two changes will really break up the overall drab vibe the wolf throws off (to me at least). He just needs a splash of color to come alive imo.

You know what I love most about your Wolf? It doesn't look like the silly, cliched joke that the 40k wolves are now. It's a dark, mean, killer that won't stop until one of you is dead, and that's exactly how they should be.

I've repainted the trim on the shoulder pads :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3906_zpsnm5zmrgf.jpg

I've also built two more test minis. I've had so much fun painting the SW and SoH that I thought I'd try out some other Legions as well.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3904_zpsnrmgmsos.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3905_zpsw4d46xlm.jpg

I think you should paint the pad with the legion symbol white like in the poster in the art, amd perhaps do the trims in gold. I think those two changes will really break up the overall drab vibe the wolf throws off (to me at least). He just needs a splash of color to come alive imo.

Yeah, the FW colour scheme looks like it's going to be fairly pale. I'll have to decide if I want to repaint the shoulder pads or not...

You know what I love most about your Wolf? It doesn't look like the silly, cliched joke that the 40k wolves are now. It's a dark, mean, killer that won't stop until one of you is dead, and that's exactly how they should be.

It's great to hear you say that, because that is exactly the look I was going for :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

I love your new test models. The Son of Horus is lovely and perfectly realised (you've got a great sea green there) but I have to agree with Vazzy- for reasons I can't quite put my finger on he seems a little generic, especially compared to the brilliantly menacing Wolf. The gold trim really works.

I assume the next batch hail from the XIII and XIV respectively?

Let me guess... Imperial fist and White Scar?

Hmm, I don't think so. Personally, I suspect these two to be an Iron Warrior and a Night Lord.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-smirk(a).gif

Look at the first marine, his armour is covered in dents and scratches indicating either intense fighting and/or he doesn't care about his looks which fits in with IV and their siege warfare. Secondly He has an Anvillus pattern power pack, which is famous for being used by traitor forces towards the end of the heresy and in the millennia following. Thirdly, look at his body language, his pose, very casual yes? Like he doesn't care, like he doesn't take whatever for he's fighting seriously, it conveys arrogance and contempt for the enemy which is always something the IV had in spades. He's also packing a lot of grenades, essential for clearing out foes lurking in trenches, bunkers or just around the next corner.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-document(a).gif

The second marine, much like the first also has something of a worn appearance, which indicates to me he probably doesn't care about his appearance. Secondly, and most noticeably, the trophy heads, now while the Scars definitely indulged in this practice sometimes the VIII were chronic trophy takers, hell, one of their pieces of legion wargear is "grisly trophies" if I recall. This is also backed by the blade in his hand, a rather cruel looking thing yes? Certainly not the manner of blade a son of the Khan would usually carry, this weapon looks designed to intimidate as much as kill, with it's hooked edges and spiked handguard. Finally the last piece of evidence, the loincloth hanging behind the legionnaire's sword arm. It appears ragged and ill-cared for but it's appearance looks unlike simple cloth, I fear it could potentially be made of flayed skin, something the Eighth gleefully practiced to further terrify their victims.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-bow(a).gif

The prosecution rests Your Honour.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

529281_200x130.png?v=1410689106.0

Your Honor, we all clearly know that the fine gentleman and scholar known to us all as Kizzdougs as already made a figure representing the IVth legion, the Iron Warriors. I doubt he has wishes to make the same legion twice. And regarding the other fine piece of art, while it is true that taking trophies is more commonly seen in the Night Lords the tabard is clearly made of some kind of fur which is far more common among the rowdy sons of the Khan. And as to regarding the blade, your honor, it is terrifying but so are the White Scars.

I rest my case.

(Sorry Kizz :P I think this got carried away :D )

The gold trim on the pads of the wolf make a nice contrast and already helps him stand out more. I think you should keep the pads as they are and maybe implement the paler pad colours for elite units. Also the new models look sweet, I'd say that the top one is maybe a word bearer and agree that the bottom one is a white scar.

DSCN3905_zpsw4d46xlm.jpg

Just for originality's sake, I'm saying this is a Raven Guard showing Nights Lords how real justice is done. :tongue.:

What's that Corax? I couldn't hear you over the sound of you running away... ;)

On topic, ace job on the wolf. You know where my vote is :)

#1 - Word Bearer

#2 - Night Lord

Also, SanguinusReborn, that was fantastic. I applaud that post with awe (and jealousy that I didn't think of it first)

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. :laugh.::cool.:

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-bow%28a%29.gif

I'm going for Imperial Fist (only because you already did a IV legion marine) and Night Lord, although that tabard argument of GrandMagnus is making me lean towards White Scars. You know where my vote would go.

The gold trim on the wolf made him go from looking bland to looking great. I suddenly like him as much aas I did your SoH.