The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Dude I just can't with you. Always such beautiful work. I know it's somewhere in this thread but how do you do that platinum silver color? The spears really grow on you.

I slightly wish the swords were just full blown scimitars. They want to be one or the other but can't decide. Lol

Keep up the phenomenal work

Edited by jimbo13

Here is my new Praetor!

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4016_zpspuvfaiiw.jpg

I'm currently trying to decide how to paint him. I can't decide between going for a predominantly white scheme (similar to how my Terminator Praetor is painted) or a more traditional Emperor's Children colour scheme. let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Lovely work as usual kizz, fantastic inspiration for my III legion. May just have to steal the look of you palatines when I get round the painting mine!
How easy was it to get the Phoenix spears to match up with the arms?

Thanks a lot, bro! The Phoenix spears took a bit of patience to get right. The most important tools for the job were a sharp blade and a pin vice :)

Kizz, that unit is incredible. The individual paint jobs are ace as per, but when you put them all together...wow.

(must resist lure of III Legio!!!)

Thanks, bro! Glad you like the Blades :)

More stunning work - not a surprise! Can you show us your praetor yet? I'm intrigued!

Thanks, dude! Your wish is my command. I finally got my hands on the last couple of bits I needed, so hear he is :)

Dude I just can't with you. Always such beautiful work. I know it's somewhere in this thread but how do you do that platinum silver color? The spears really grow on you.

I slightly wish the swords were just full blown scimitars. They want to be one or the other but can't decide. Lol

Keep up the phenomenal work

Thanks, bro! The platinum/silver is just Ironbreaker washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted with Runefang Steel. It's pretty much the same way I paint all of the metal on all of my minis. Very simple.

,AMazing work as always. The individual miniatures already have the WOW factor, but the unit as a whole is just amazing.

Thanks, dude! They're such nice minis to paint. FW really got it right with these sculpts :)

Fantastic, not sure what else to say.

Hahaha, thanks bro! :)

Dude, that silvery platinum color is spot on.

It really makes the Palantine Blades look more ornate and polished than even the rest of the Children. 

Great job!

Thanks Flint! It's nice to make them stand out from the rest of the force, and the minis really deserved to a special paint job :)

Wowee, your Palatine Blades exude perfection! The two handed swordsmen is by far my favorite looking one.

Thanks, mate! I'm glad you like the two handed swordsman because he is probably my least favourite :P

Thanks for looking ;)

Here is my new Praetor!

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4016_zpspuvfaiiw.jpg

I'm currently trying to decide how to paint him. I can't decide between going for a predominantly white scheme (similar to how my Terminator Praetor is painted) or a more traditional Emperor's Children colour scheme. let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Thanks for looking :wink:

Ho' boy.... This fella right here looks like a work of beauty. only thing I feel I must point out is, atleast from this angle, he seems like he has no neck. I genuinely cannot wait to see this bad boy painted up...

Love the Praetor, kizz! I vote traditional over the white scheme. What about painting the body armor gold and then rest of it purple? Would be more ornate to signify his rank/status? Whichever scheme you decid, I'm sure it will look great.

Cheers,

Ray

i was thinking the exact same thing^^

Wow, baller praetor!

While the white scheme does look good on your terminator praetor, I think it would make the PA praetor too garish, since his armour is adorned with much more ornaments and trinkets. Your usual purple would form the perfect background for gold and silver details (The chest-aquila just begs for a nice coat of gold!) and some slightly more decently coloured things like the pterugees and daggers. However, the cloak could be the perfect opportunity for a nice white area, maybe with a decal or two?

Hope you can make some use of my ideas^^

Whatever you do, it will only get better :)

I am a big fan of white on EC's - as my T&L vows will show!! However, I agree that a white breast plate might not be the way to go, I think it'd make this guy look too much like an Apothecary, especially given your existing primus medicae has the same base torso. I think the white armoured Praetor worked well because Moloc's torso is pretty special....

I can see a white helmet working well, and shoulder pads. Perhaps this is a case of less is more....

The new praetor looks really good, I was thinking of using the Phoneix Guard torsos for PA models is I was to make any any more EC. As for the White, maybe just have the cloak as white, would frame to model but not make it look to much like an Apothecary.

Evenin dude, hope you're well.

With regards your quad mortars did you fully assemble them before painting or did you leave the front shields off? I've finally got some but unsure... Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Ps, praetor looks epic :)