The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Fulgrim Transfigured finished 16/5/24

Kizzdougs

Thank you for inspiring me on how I might add a bit of interest to my future Sons of Horus project. It's excellent how just a few bands and/or straightforward symbols adds just the right kind of character to the models without making them over-the-top. Wonderful.

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone :)

Here are some more pics of legionnaires that I've stuck together using blue-tack. Again, these are still very much a WIP and will almost definitely look quite different (better) or be assembled in different combinations on the final models. 

EKX3OAn.jpg

1utAjum.jpg

ZA69DDJ.jpg

NW0zdMy.jpg

HuZGq4x.jpg

By the Talon of Horus!!!

The blu-tacked marine looks awesome already. Everything about him just fits! Thanks for that teaser before you get everything to assemble your army. Something about that helm with its smooth lines just looks great against the more brutish look of the armor mash up.

I need to learn how to really sculpt so I can copy your work for the Sons of Horus!

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like how the blue-tack legionnaire is looking. I'm really happy with how the helmet looks. I had some Thousand Sons bits laying around and I wanted to use a wide variety of different bit for my Sons of Horus so I took out my hobby knife and removed some of the detail that was particularly Thousand Sons-ish. So far I've converted four Thousand Sons heads and four torsos as well as a couple of World Eater bits.

Looking good! Love the Anvilus Pattern backpack for the SOH.

Thanks bro! I love using the Anvillus packs on 30k minis. I think it really helps to make them stand out.

This just keeps getting better and better! Fantastic work! And a really cool tutorial to boot -- cheers, for that! :smile.:

Thanks a lot bro, really glad you like how they're looking and the tutorial too.

Another frater who I have followed on IG via random means but now found on BnC.

You're going all out on these guys and I love it.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun adding all of the extra detail. With my Emperor's Children I always felt like they deserved a bit more detail and legion specific elements on their armour, but I never put in the time to take it all the way. I want to fix that with these Sons of Horus and make every mini a conversion with some unique detail.

Your Sons are looking very impressive and knowing the quality of your Emperors Children this is definitely one to watch. Great work and thanks for the little how to with the Green stuff details. :thumbsup:

Glad you like the tutorial and thanks for the kind words about the SoH.

Thank you for inspiring me on how I might add a bit of interest to my future Sons of Horus project. It's excellent how just a few bands and/or straightforward symbols adds just the right kind of character to the models without making them over-the-top. Wonderful.

No worries, dude! I'll defenitely keep an eye out for your Sons of Horus project. Looking forward to it :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

The extra details make the built models look the business, a whole force with this level of attention is going to be great to see. The posing of the third marine is really well done also, creates a very aggressive sense of motion.

I’m the middle of trying to spice up some MK III to mix in with some reavers so this has been a godsend of inspiration.

How do you create the scratches in the armour. I’m assuming that it’s not just using a hobby knife?

This looks glorious! The mix and converted armor just looks great when put together. And this isn't even their final form!?

You will hear me say this a thousand times but the extra work on the armor is awesome and I just saw the kill markers and gang runes. I wonder if I can use a scratch awl to copy that.

The chains arrived in the post today! 

These chains are 40 links per inch, but I've also got a couple of larger sizes that I can use on vehicles etc.

ZhvL0ta.jpg?1

The extra details make the built models look the business, a whole force with this level of attention is going to be great to see. The posing of the third marine is really well done also, creates a very aggressive sense of motion.

Thanks bro, glad you like them! I just have to make sure I don't add too much detail...

Loving the GS tutorials. How did you do the chainmail?

Thanks bro! The chainmail is a press mould using Oyumaru. If you have heard of it before I'd definitely recommend checking it out. It's pretty cheap (and reusable) and is great for moulding simple details.

Oooh... I love the kill marks and iconography carved into the ceramite. Nice touch!

Thanks a lot bro! I'll be adding plenty more as I go.

I’m the middle of trying to spice up some MK III to mix in with some reavers so this has been a godsend of inspiration.

How do you create the scratches in the armour. I’m assuming that it’s not just using a hobby knife?

Yeah, I love a mix of armour Mks in my units, so I'd love to see some MkIII Reavers. You got it, I used a sharp hobby knife for the kill markings and Cthonian glyphs. It's definitely easier to do on resin pieces rather than plastic.

Awesome stuff, love your Sons of Horus :biggrin.: the extra detailing is phenomenal.  

Thanks a lot bro, glad you like it!

This looks glorious! The mix and converted armor just looks great when put together. And this isn't even their final form!?

You will hear me say this a thousand times but the extra work on the armor is awesome and I just saw the kill markers and gang runes. I wonder if I can use a scratch awl to copy that.

Thanks a lot dude! Yeah, I'm almost ready to start properly assembling some of them. I just need to get my hands on a few more MkIV jump packs and a couple of other pieces and then I'll make a start on them.

Thanks for looking ;)

I've added chains, coins, and skulls to some legs :)

nTrqsXf.jpg?1

A couple of blu-tack legionnaires showing off the new legs.

bvid0Z8.jpg

IotoyuL.jpg

Wow the Sons of Horus just keep getting better! It's unusual to see such attention to detail on simple troop units but it'll definitely worth it once they're done, keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I find that legionnaires straight out of the Calth and Prospero boxes are very bland unless you add some detail. Plus I really like making unique looking minis.

HOT :censored:, that looks good! What size chain is that and what did you use for the mirror coins? That looks too good not to try.

Hope you can scrounge up those remaining jump packs so you can get to building!

Thanks bro! The chains are 40 links per inch. I got them from a company called 'Builders in Scale.' The mirror coins are the sliced up haft of a High Elf spear.

This works perfectly! Just like the artwork.

I would also love to know where you got the small chain from, I can't find the right size anywhere. :sad.:

Thanks a lot dude! The chains are from 'Builders in Scale.' They've got a range of different sizes. I got some 40, 27, 20, and 15 links per inch.

So rad dude, keep fanning the flames of the heresy!

Thanks bro! Long live the Heresy.

Great inspiration for my own SoH

How are you doing the mirror coins? I've had a hard time coming up with a decent method

The coins are a sliced up haft from a High Elf spear. Good luck with your Sons of Horus.

Gorgeous work Kizz! Did you use a punch for the mirror coins?

Just wanted to tell you how awesome and simple the blue you did for your Ultramarine was to replicate. Came out beautifully on my new gents. 

Thanks a lot bro! Nah, the coins are from a sliced up haft of a High Elf spear. Really glad to hear that the Ultramarine's colour scheme worked for you :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

Consider your ideas stolen! MUHUHAHAHAHA!

And its awesome to see you put more of these guys tacked together! More so since you have that sweet, sweet eye-gut armor in the mix! I also want some of those Thousand Sons helms now too for some of my guys.

I also like the skull cups. I may be stealing that too! Will they be gold dipped trophies of worth, slain foes?

I've added chains, coins, and skulls to some legs :smile.:

nTrqsXf.jpg?1

Crotch skulls are almost as weird as crotch dragons :wink:

A couple of blu-tack legionnaires showing off the new legs.

bvid0Z8.jpg

MKIV helmets with lop knots look cool, the other ornaments as well.

IotoyuL.jpg

It looks like you used a chaos raptor jump pack here. Was it difficult to remove the chaosy bits? Helmet and pack remind me of the Rocketeer.

Impressive, most impressive!

Great attention to detail. I do lament how you are kind of stuck with an Aquila when modelling the EC, particularly loyalist. No such dramas with the SoH. You've really managed to convey a lot of character reminiscent of the old heresy artwork. Almost makes me want to try my hand at Luna Wolves.... but alas i've too much to do already....

Looking forward to seeing these progress. I really love the chains and tokens on these guys, just enough detail to make them interesting without getting swamped!