The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

That Custodes is beautiful. You always do such stellar work, it's inspiring and a constant joy for me when looking for heresy era reference material.

Quick question, is the cloak greenstuff? And where is the backpack from> I know the top is from the stormcast, but the lower half? The circle look of the power pack under the decorative lightning mantle from the stormcast looks perfect. Please share what parts make that.

Thanks everyone! :biggrin.:

HOLY :censored:

WOWWW, I am... wow dude.. That is impressing

Thanks a lot, bro!

I think they look, with a minimum of fuss, like 'real' Custodes. Very nice work. :thumbsup:

Thanks, mate! I'm definitely much happier with this version.

Well. That's probably the coolest thing ever made.

Haha, thanks a lot, dude!

That is one impressive helmet! Excellent work.

Glad you like the helmet. Trying to find/build a good helmet for the Custodes is probably the most difficult aspect of the process, so it's great to hear that you like it.

Excellent work. I only wonder if he would be a bit large compared to marines and other Imperial personnel.

Yeah, he is pretty tall. Definitely taller than a regular marine, but still quite a bit shorter than a Primarch. 

Brilliant work! But then, that is what we have come to expect from you :wink:

You are right, though: He is even better than your first attempt, mostly because the model seems to move further beyond the Stormcast Eternals look and firmly into Custodes territory. Very cool!

One question, though: What is that small, rectangular "slot" above the eyes -- is something missing there...?

Thanks heaps, bro! The 'slot' on the helmet is just there because I haven't finished it yet. The Helmet is originally from a High Elf Loremaster, and the 'slot' is where a moon shaped icon fits in. I'm planning to add some wings (If I can find some good ones) to the helmet and I'll cover up the 'slot' while I'm at it.

gotta agree, that custodian rocks, great job mate

Thanks, mate!

Damn dude. Damn.

Thanks, bro! Glad you like him.

10/10, would protect the emperor again.

Haha, I feel like I should start an Imperial Fists army just to run alongside some Custodes.

That Custode is all kinds of awesome.

Thanks, champ!

I haven't really been a fan of the Custode AOS craze but Damn! Yours is looking pretty awesome! 

Thanks, bro! It's always nice when someone can enjoy something that they usually don't like :)

That Custodes is beautiful. You always do such stellar work, it's inspiring and a constant joy for me when looking for heresy era reference material.

Quick question, is the cloak greenstuff? And where is the backpack from> I know the top is from the stormcast, but the lower half? The circle look of the power pack under the decorative lightning mantle from the stormcast looks perfect. Please share what parts make that.

Thanks a lot, bro! Means a lot to hear you say that. The cloak is from the Empire General kit. I've had it sitting around for years, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. The back pack is just a trimmed down CSM back pack. This one to be precise...

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/zcwAAOSwBahUz45U/s-l225.jpg

Thanks again ;)

Sigh I dont think Ill ever stop envying your skill but atleast everytime I visit the topic I get motivated by your work!

Thanks, bro! Glad to hear that you like it :tu:

That custode looks great!

I guess I'm the odd one out to have drooled more over your rapiers and the crew. They're MkIV, while the crew with which it comes is MkIII, no? How did you go about converting the back packs?

Thanks, mate! The Quad Mortar actually comes with a MkIV crew, so I can't claim any smooth conversions skills in that regard.

Magnificent work, Kizz, old boy.  Your Children are looking beautiful as ever and that's a marvelous Custodes conversion. Miles better than that test model I made a long while back :tongue.:

Any chance I could see you try your hand at making a 30k  Word Bearer?

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Magnificent work, Kizz, old boy.  Your Children are looking beautiful as ever and that's a marvelous Custodes conversion. Miles better than that test model I made a long while back :tongue.:

Any chance I could see you try your hand at making a 30k  Word Bearer?

Thanks a lot, bro! I've got plans to make a Word Bearer Chaplain/Dark Apostle sometime, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. I was originally going to have the Custode fighting a Gal Vorbak (like in the First Heretic), but because I'm building the Custode for a diorama comp that is due by the 1st of December I didn't think I'd be able to get my hands on a Gal Vorbak mini in time :)

Custode Mk I was good. Mk II is excellent.

Thanks a lot! Glad you like him :)

So, I just built someone for the Custode to fight/kill.

He still needs a lot of work and is only held together with blu tack. In particular I need to bulk out the waist a bit. I tried out Heinrich's 'spacing' method of making taller marines, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3818_zpsj3s7hin9.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks for looking ;)

Thanks everyone!

Apart from the fact the model is amazeballs, it might just be perspective but his free arm looks longer and a bit more gangly than the other one.

Thanks, bro! Yeah the arm is a bit long. I felt that I should lengthen it because the hand looked so ridiculously huge (an example of the scale disparity between FW and GW space marines), but it has ended up looking a bit weird.

You nailed it, man. If FW's upgrades look anything like that then they will have done a good job.

Thanks for the kind words :)

The Custodian looks great, amazing use of the Stormcast. Will he be receiving a helmet, a bald head or both through the power of magnets? Also will need to get me some of those plastic chaos raptor backpacks after seeing them on your cool Thousand Son :smile.:

Thanks mate! I'm planing to paint up both the helmet and the bare head. He is going to be a display piece so I'm leaning more towards the bare head at the moment. Plus it's proving pretty difficult to add some wings to the helmet.

If it's down to a vote, go with the helmet, kizz. Also, the decorations on the Thousand Son look great, but the spacing makes him look tall and far too skinny. Not a fan.

Thanks for the honest critique, I really appreciate it. Hopefully he looks a bit better once I've finished building him :)

Wow, kizz, that looks absolutely fantastic. I still think the MkIV could do with a little more waist. But dude. That Custodes. Absolutely fricking cool, mate. Love it.

Also:

Hey Kizz, congrats on being micro-featured on AoH. Internet fame and fortune is soon to follow :biggrin.:

AoH? Linky or it didn't happen. I wish to bestow internet credits on our dog-kissing buddy all over the interwebs. ;)

Wow, kizz, that looks absolutely fantastic. I still think the MkIV could do with a little more waist. But dude. That Custodes. Absolutely fricking cool, mate. Love it.

Also:

Hey Kizz, congrats on being micro-featured on AoH. Internet fame and fortune is soon to follow :biggrin.:

AoH? Linky or it didn't happen. I wish to bestow internet credits on our dog-kissing buddy all over the interwebs. ;)

Wow... Just wow... The parts list would be interesting to look at