DA Dice Commitment Time

Pbenner

Excellent. I will not be playing single game of 6E until these dice arrive, at which time I will use them to emasculate my foes...for The Lion http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/dasmiley.gif ;)

My brethren,

I had a large heavy box on my door step when I returned home this evening. I was absolutly elated and couldn't contain myself to get to the opening of said box.

Upon opening the box, my heart sank.

Despite the sample I was sent, they did all the Deathwing Dice with Black Sword//Wings instead of red like the sample.

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/photobucket-5224-1341359723323.jpg

I will be calling Chessex on Thursday to straighten this out. I won't have an ETA till then.

Sincerely,

A heart broken Deathwing Player.

Paul

The other two dice did turn out just fine as far as I can tell. I'll know more on Thursday. For now they're going into a box and will sit until I get the DW straightend out.

Maybe since they made a mistake I can get a few more DW dice ordered in the next run since there has been so much demand for them. Another 250 or so would not sit. Also hoping that I might talk him into a smaller run of DW inversions at a better price. We'll see.

Paul

well i assume they will be doing them properly, if thats the case then you may find yourself with a couple of hundred free dice lol

Good news you got our goodies :)

As for the DW error...I for one am not very concerned.

Did I like the red better? Yes

Do I mind they are black? No

They are still bone colour, which is the important thing (at least for me).

So for whatever its worth...I'd say we take them.

I'm really not excited to have to wait say 1-2 more months before they get blanks, carve them and all that jazz...

Arrrgh! %@#! happens. Well, we'll see what Chessex is willing to do for us. Once we know, then we can make our decisions on what to do. If need be, I will paint the symbols on my 36 DW dice red myself though.

Exaltations and mutterings in equal measure...

To start with, I am stoked that they have arrived; from what little I can see, they look pretty darn cool! My thanks to you again Paul, you must've been excited to open the package...

As for the black DW pips... I'm sort of on the fence. Yes, it's been 4 months since the conception of the idea and I'm desparate for my dice, yes black is OK and yes it'd be easy to paint some symbols red (actually, I may do that for all of the pips).

But...

We have all paid Chessex for a service they have failed to provide. I feel that they should correct their error, at no additional cost to ourselves. I have waited 4 months for this; another one or two won't make that much difference to me... Especially when the red symbols look so badass.

I have no way of predicting how they'll procede with this, but the optimist in me hopes that they will admit the mistake, rush through a replacement, and, as I feel it'd be weird for them to try to sell on the black pips, maybe allow us to keep the 'failed' batch as a kind of compensation???

I can but hope. I look forward to hearing what news Thursday brings; good luck.

I'll have an update after Thursday. If they say "just keep them" we'll go from there, but I am getting what I ordered no matter what. If he's willing to let me add DW dice to the run, I will be adding another 250 to the order and paying for them out of my pocket. So many people wanted them after we placed the order I know I can get them gone.

Also, I am going to ask, that since he made a mistake, he allows me to order 250 Inverted DW dice for the maximum price break. This is the number people roughly committed to in the thread, so we'll see what happens.

Best,

Paul

Not sure what a marines haggling stat is but I'm sure it's a char test you will ace! It's bittersweet to see those dice. Still, I'm very excited to see progress! And count me in still for the inverted dice if he goes for it.

*** Warning: this is written word and from a non-native speaker...no harsh tone intended. ***

Paul, if I understand what you say, your idea is "I'm not accepting it as it is: you either give me the dice I ordered (no matter how long it takes) or you give me my money back and you can come and pick up the dice".

If you accept advice, I wouldn't try to squeeze in "btw, I'd like to get more dice or get new ones"...that will only distract your main point.

That being said...I don't think its a critical error. I'd like the dice as soon as you can handle all the shipping and all (which I'm sure is A LOT of work, even with your buddies helping out!).

In the risk of being insistent... thanks :D

Tanhausen,

It's a customer service thing. What I ordered and what I received are two totally and completely different things. Since they will be having to do another full production run, I'm going to guess that it won't be an issue to add to that run, but if it is, it won't happen.

One of the things I've learned to live by is: "You won't ever get anything you don't ask for." - If I don't ask, It'll never happen. Asking will not upset anyone. Being a belligerent prick would, but I'm not going to go there.

If he does me the favor, great, I can help more of our brothers who missed out on the initial purchase. If not, no blood, no foul.

In regards to the Inversions thing, I'm going to order them no matter what. Right now, it's the difference between how many I order, not hoe much they cost.

Best,

Paul

Totally agree with the "it can't hurt to ask/complain": I've been at the Customer Service for years...still am :)

And no, he's not doing you a favour: he's delivering what he comitted for a price! So whatever decision you make, I'm sure all the Brothers support you ;)

Anyhow, in Paul we trust and his sense I'm sure will be common :P

What are you doing on the net? Do you have holiday today? Go out and do holiday things! ;)

I work a functional delivery lane for a large network. We're way behind on our numbers and that means I'm working all day today. (10+hours)

Yes, it is a Holiday, but I still have to work. Le sigh.

Oh well.

Paul

Wow man I'm sorry you're working today. I can relate, having had 24hr duty on quite a few holidays over the years...

That being said, good luck in the Chessex negotiations. Personally, the black-pipped DW dice work just fine for me since I also play AoA. I'd still claim mine if they don't end up taking them back. If fact, I'd definitely like to keep them. However, I don't want to be a special case. Do your negotiations for us as a whole obviously and we will accept the outcome.

Thanks man, your continuing effort in this is much appreciated!

Sound good, Paul. Keep us apprised of the inverted dice cost/required order amounts too, if you would please. Cost is not as much of a deal breaker for me on the inverted dice, as I am wanting only 1/3 as many of them as the regular dice. I would just like the option to get them is all, and I am sure that at least some others feel the same.

They are going to recut and paint the 1,425 dice and have then properly with the Red Emblem.

If you would rather have the Black Emblem, I have been told that the mistake dice are not going to need to be returned. Send me a Private Message and I will flag those people. These will get out ASAP.

I personally am waiting for red custom faces, but he has projected an 8 week lead time as they don't have enough blanks for the rerun. We will be first in line as soon as the blanks are in.

Once the dust settles, I should have extras of both Deathwing dice styles. I will be in touch.

Paul

That is what I am projecting.

I am still kicking around a few thoughts as to what exactly happens to the spare dice. While I appreciate all the offers to help me liberate them for the cost of shipping, at this point I am thinking that they will go up for sale and the proceeds will be used to purchase the round of Inverted Dice, so that they may be made available cheaper to people that were involved in the original run(s).

I will not be getting rid of any dice for sale until I am 100% sure that everyone involved in the original purchase gets what they want. I will inventory at that time and anyone that has asked for availability on extras will be taken care of. Then the remainder will be sold.

Please understand that I am not trying to take profit away from this. I don't need money (Trust me!), I would rather make additional DA brothers happy in this.

Best,

Paul

While I generally support the inverted dice proposition, I (and as aforementioned) several others actually prefer the "screwup" dice. Don't put them all up for sale! I want to trade my order of red emblems for the "screwup" dice!

I can't speak for everyone of course, but since you just landed us 1400+ "free" dice I'd rather end up with extra dice in the long run than pay for them and have ?cheaper? inverted dice later. Just my 2c.

Archived