Thanks for the great comments gang. Blinky is always a crowd pleaser.

Here's a question for the masses (which I think I already know the answer for):  I'm going to do vox casters for my infantry squads. I was thinking of making more Vox Creeps. So basically a miniature that functions as a piece of Equiptment. I don't play that often , so I'm not sure if people would find it an issue. I could easily put some vox packs on a few guys and call it done.... or make guys like this (but likely unarmed)  I think the creeps add to the flavor. Opinions? Comments

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tbwQIObcZ7c/UDXRo6ycmhI/AAAAAAAAAkU/To2Wh977DVA/s1600/VetvoxWIP.jpg

AND from the old mini/new photo file. Mr. J-Pox and friends.....

jokerfin01.jpgjpoxwalkers.jpg

Absolutely go for the vox creeps. So much so that I'll come over and drown you in a swamp if you don't. Don't worry, I'll put a candle on your body afterwards - to ward of evil alligators. My niece told me it keeps away monsters.

I'm all giddy with excitement over you FINALLY starting the trio of sentinels. Now those are vehicles with character. :smile.:

tenor.gif

Augs, I think the candle trick only works on the little ones. Our gators are notoriously bad tempered here. Almost as bad as your geese. :) If you think the gators are bad, you should see some of our turtles. Yikes!  Threats not withstanding, I've mulled it over this evening while I should have been sleeping and decided to go with the creeps.  Having a box and ahalf of crypt ghouls had a little something to do with that decision too.  I'm also thinking about suicide creeps (demo charges) and just regular old ammo creeps to add to the weapon team bases. Lots of fun ahead. Hmmm I could probably be able to get these guys in the Call of Chaos thing.

I upgraded my StuG Basilisk last night while blocking in some colors on the Sentinals (more on that later)   You might remember my stubby barreled Assault tank...

StugBaslskFin.jpg

I changed the barrel on the Heavy Bolter, since I'm using those resin mini-guns as heavy stubbers in the army. Then I added a longer barrel on the main gun, to give it a meaner profile. It looks a bit more like a Basilisk now.  Here's a breakdown of the camo process...

StugBarrel.jpg

Iraqi Sand on the Drab Brown base.... then Chardonite Granite. Last step is some drybrush weathering and weathering powders. Done....  Here she is finished.

StuGB.jpg

I might have to build another one..... ;)

Although I'm slightly sad to see the stubby barrel go, as I really liked that profile, this new tank is looking great too. Well done on the quick finish! About the scheme: isn't CHardonite Granite a fantastic colour? When those paints went out of production, I went ahead and bought a couple of pots of it. It's great for scripture too.

You shouldn't underestimate our geese. They're mean, lean, beak-bashing and wing-stomping fighting machines. When we're 14 years old, we're sent into the wild to catch one, stuff their stomaches to the rim (well, to their beaks) and make our own Fois Gras. It's a rite of passage. True story

Although I'm slightly sad to see the stubby barrel go, as I really liked that profile, this new tank is looking great too. Well done on the quick finish! About the scheme: isn't CHardonite Granite a fantastic colour? When those paints went out of production, I went ahead and bought a couple of pots of it. It's great for scripture too.

You shouldn't underestimate our geese. They're mean, lean, beak-bashing and wing-stomping fighting machines. When we're 14 years old, we're sent into the wild to catch one, stuff their stomaches to the rim (well, to their beaks) and make our own Fois Gras. It's a rite of passage. True story

Where I grew up we had Canadian Geese. They are no where near as polite as the Canadian people. Packs of wild geese have been know to eat toddlers and take out old people feeding the ducks. They are the reason no one has invaded Canada since 1813.

I stocked up on Chardonite Granite too. Regrettably, the stocks are getting thin. I should have enough to finish this army though.

Edited by rednekkboss

Here's the pic of the beginning of my Call of Chaos vow. 

callofchaosstart.jpg

In the back:  Master of Artillery.  Harvey-Brent the Spawn  Daryl, Cletus and Eugene the Sentinels.

Front Row.  3 squads of traitor guard.  A few of these guys need heads, but those just arrived yesterday, so that's an easy fix.  Lots to paint.

I also put some details on this old Rhino, which is a late birthday gift for a friend. I'll most likely end up having to kill this Rhino on the odd occasion I get in a game.

DGRhino.jpg

The first of my Call of Chaos  minis is finished.... my Master of Ordnance.

MastOrd.jpg

Plus, I finished up some details on this Rhino that needed to be done. A Nurgly Birthday gift for a friend....

NurgRhino.jpg

Edited by rednekkboss

Great updates! That StuG is sweet and I also love the master of ordinance! That head with the hockey/ballistic mask is perfect.

Thanks! I think I may need to get a better picture of him though, so you can see the camoflage better.  I'll have to try my other camera

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see the forum back up! Great work guys!

Well, in the hiatus the lads got into a fight with another Nurgle Army over some fine print in the contract and an ancient recipe for Banana Nut Bread. Plaguebearers go crazy for a good Banana Nut Bread. But then again, who doesn't. Except maybe folks with nut allergies.

battle206.jpg

I use them as Valhallan Guard, because the renegades and Heretics aren't cool enough to have cards and such. It works good because Valhallans can shoot at their own men if they are in close combat and their warlord is extra tough. Very Nurgly.  One of these days I'm going to try the Renegade List out, but for now I'm loving the guard.  Great Unclean Ones are very tough. Deathshroud Terminators are pure, puss dripping evil, though a Devil Dog can really make their day miserable.  Overall, the army did pretty good. Leman Russ tanks are pretty tough, though I'm retrofitting some flamers for overwatch. The StuG Basilisk is FRIKKIN AWESOME!!!! I am building another one... already have the parts.  Wow, that Earthshaker is vicious. If Only I could roll to wound.My hat goes off to the 30point master of Ordinance, who actually did the most wounds to the GUO with an artillery strike. If only we could have killed it.  But, it was a very fun game. One of the Sentinels held out for 3 turns against Nurglings, which was one of the more comical moments.  Both of our aweful dice rolling was responsible for most of the rest. I've got to say though, a guard squad at close range, with orders...... wow that's a LOT OF LAZ!!

On to painting..... I've got a platoon of infantry base coated. And i finished the Missile teams.

MLteam03.jpg

MLteam01.jpgMLteam02.jpgMLteam04.jpg

AND.... the first of the Sentinels is finished.....

Sent0102.jpgSent0103.jpgSent0104.jpg

Another Sentinel is on the table. If I can avoid the evils of Killteam and not get distracted, I should have a squad of infantry done soon too.

Cheers Y'all!

Edited by rednekkboss

The infantry looks great but DARRELL STEALS THE SHOW!! (why did you not mention his name???

Excellent work! I'm looking forward to Cletus and Eugene

I knew you'd like him!  Got a couple more pics for you too!

Sent0105.jpg

The back.... nice and rusty. Yes, he's sitting on the wall. Taking a break. Scouting is tiresome work.

Sent0101.jpg

And a size comparison.....

MLteamSent.jpg

Edited by rednekkboss

No way! that thing looks BEAST. I love it! Wicked search light eye and I really like how you've excecuted the tenticles, they all look really "natural" like they should be there.  Ha ha ha, I cant stop examining it, it looks so awesome XD

Thanks so much! Two more coming, PBB. :smile.:

Edited by rednekkboss

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back from "holiday" as my mates across the pond might say. I've got some progress on my challenge minis, but first this......

rockymt.jpg

When you turn a half century, you go climb a frikkin mountain.... because, well dammit.... you still can. I miss the autumn cold, but now I'm back in my sub-tropical abode slaving away on gribbly skin and such.  Here's Harvey-Brent, still very much in progress, but coming along.....

HarveyspawnIP1.jpg

And the fleshy bits on the two remaining Sentinals are also in progress..... since I had the paint out.

sentIP01.jpg

sentIP02.jpg

Completing the challenge is attainable if I can stay focused.  Things like Kill Team, Orks and a great idea for a GUO conversion are tempting me to stray. Frikkin Slaanesh.

Oh sweet. I love these things they look super nice. Well... Maybe nice is the wrong would, they are awesome anyway. Nice to see you back at the grindstone with your work. Looks fantastic. What's the body of the spawn from? Did you use something as a base for it, I love how chuncky it is, and I think the the idea for those cyclopean sentinel things.

Oh sweet. I love these things they look super nice. Well... Maybe nice is the wrong would, they are awesome anyway. Nice to see you back at the grindstone with your work. Looks fantastic. What's the body of the spawn from? Did you use something as a base for it, I love how chuncky it is, and I think the the idea for those cyclopean sentinel things.

Its one of the stock Chaos spawn bodies with lots of green stuff. I've got a bunch I want to do (whenever I can get around to them) rat ogre bases and the like plus I still have another spawn body. The fun thing about spawn is you can do basically anything, so I went in with no real plan and let it evolve as I sculpted.

• 2 weeks later...

Painting challenges and I don't always get along.  Partly because my mind works like a dusty old keep infested with goblins high on mushrooms.  So, here's the answer I've come up with to the question "What should I do with that Maggoth model I bought all those years ago?" (in progress)

guo02.jpgguo04.jpgguo01.jpgguo03.jpg

Its going to be a Great Unclean One/Tervigon (yeah....tervigon, that's right) Sort of a Nurgle meets Lovecraft ala Rednekk. ;)

And yes.... I'll keep painting on my sentinals. Actually completing the challenge without cutting corners is looking a bit tough though, thanks to vacations and upcoming holidays. I could knock out the infantry, but not without compromising quality. So, at this point I'll be pleased with myself to finish the spawn and Sentinels.  But, we'll see.  The good news is I'll have plenty of time around Christmas to , at least, go into the new calendar year with the infantry done.