Glad everyone is loving it so far.

PBB- As for the "plaguebearers" I've got a vague idea, that'll likely evolve once the epoxy hits the plastic.  But.... I like the beastman idea.

Mechanist- Tin foil!  Great idea! I assume you leave it inside? 

I think tin foil is a pretty standard core for a lot of larger sculpting projects. People like it for bake Clay's too because obviously, it doesn't burn.

I only thought of the beastmen because of the Cthulhu references. I think mixing and matching parts culd go really well and be a lot of fun, especially with your GS additions. Well excited to see all this theme come together

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

• 2 weeks later...

Plugging along on the Chaos Spawn- Harvey/Brent-  He still needs some more detailing, because he looks a little "flat" to me, but otherwise getting close to done. Probably this weekend.

P.S.  if you can ever help it, don't work retail during Christmas..... ugh.... I hate this month.

HvyBr01.jpgHvyBr02.jpg

Cheers, guys!  Since freelancing doesn't always pay the bills, my part-time gig is steady grocery $$$....and this time of year it sucks. Hoping to move on in 2019 to something else, which would give me more steady $$. Which would mean me buying more kits I don't have time to build . :wink::yes:

PBB- I see what you are saying. One great purpose photographs of models serve is to look at your work in a different way.  Which is helped, exponentially, with forums like this. I see a couple other spots I could add some subtle color too and maybe make some of the swellings look more "sore".  The open wounds , in particular, are just sort of -hanging there- right now, so the flesh around them could stand some irritation or necrosis. I think subtle purples and reds would probably do the trick.

Ha ha ha, the only reason I suggested sculptwork is because painting is well out of my area of limited expertise. It's an area I don't feel that comfortable offering advice. People look at the stuff I do and think "wow I can't believe you put so much effort into that"... But it's only because it's the bit I CAN do!

PBB- I thought about it, but not sure I wanted to put more greenstuff on this late in the game, so I'll give the color route a go.  To be honest I didn't want to spend so much time on "just a Chaos Spawn", but he does have a lot of detail that deserves a good effort from me.   Which is probably why my Chaos army is so far from finished. :)

Oh no, I can totally appreciate that! Increasing the density of detail with paint didn't even cross my mind is what I meant... That's a much better idea. Besides, in the future if you decide that it could do with some more Green Stuff later on.

I can totally sympathise with getting sucked into an insignificant project. People are working on crazy Daemon Prince and Tank conversions... And we are gettings stuck in Spawn and Possessed! XD

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

Oh man, I think that arm looks way better. I though you were going to just paint your details though? Briking more texture up to the elbow has worked a treat though.

Nice work so Far on the Geller Pox. It's funny, when these guys were being leaked I was discussing with Krakendoomcool if they were going to be Tzeentch or Nurgle. Then we became a debate on the profiles of the two God's and once you remove the Rot... Nurgle seems to have it's fair share of mutation. If you want nurgle, go more horns, if you want Tzeentch, more eyes. So I might put my hands on these and try to Tzeentch them up a bit, I don't think it would take much, just lose and maggots, stitches, open wounds... And throw some eyes and weird stuff in there. They look like quite a cool canvas for adding stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest!

PBB... tried a bit of painting, but leaving it for a few days while I worked, then coming back and having a look, made me see it needed more physical bulk as well as the detail. The tentacle guy I'm having some trouble deciding what i want to do, but it will definitely go Lovecraftian.  As for Mr. Chops, the opening for his head will definitely be another mouth and that arm and shoulder should be pretty wild when i'm done. I'm thinking no main eye, jusy a bunch here and there, but a nose above the main mouth.  Love all the other gribblies that are on the sprues too

Cheers!!! I was trying to go for the "breaking out/peeking out of the skin and/or bubbling out of the skin" look.  I think I'm pretty close.  I could have added more, but thought I'd stop there. The temptation to overdo it it way too....uh... tempting. Alot of the other things I want to to- cracking skin, some other texture- i can do with paints. But i think the arm is done.  On to the toothy mouth.  Can't decide if I want to add a nose of some sort above it, but I think I don't want him to have any eyes. A bit creepier to me that way.

I would skip out on nostrils but for eyes what I would do is make it look like the hollows of eye sockets with flesh grown over them so it's a bit concave. No actually eyeballs, obviously. I always found that disturbing.