Those traitors do not look well, I see why the others are wearing hoods. I like that you've taken the time to give them all some kit/accessories, makes them look like soldiers.

They have a very poor cut rate health insurance plan.  AND  a low life expectancy. :)

One squad of traitors  guard is DONE.... here's the gun toting guys.....

squadies.jpg

The whole Gang. With and without Vox Creep...

squad1.jpg

And also, Sergeant Hollened.  He believes that fresh air on the brain stimulated tactical thinking.....

sgt7.jpg

Thanks!  Two more squads and some others to go yet, then I'll see how much more I want to do.  The Genestealer Cult Codex will have some impact as I'll be using alot of the minis for both armies....... on the RARE occasion I actually play.

A question for anyone who plays Chaos though. Are Spawn any good/fun to play? Seems I have a bunch of big guys and I'm trying to figure out whether to go full spawn, mutant ogryn stand ins or what. Mind you, I don't play competitive games, just for fun.

From what I know with chaos marines, Spawn are good fun, nice and cheap. If the opponent leaves them, they can cause some problems, however if they get targeted, they're a cheap unit that's being focussed on, not something more valuable. Have you considered running a renegades list using Genestealer cult rules? I figure the odd heretic astartes or daemon could be well presented by Patriarchs, and the bigger more mutated fellows?

Once again, must say how much I like these fellows, the guns are a much better scale than the humongous Cadian lasgun.

From what I know with chaos marines, Spawn are good fun, nice and cheap. If the opponent leaves them, they can cause some problems, however if they get targeted, they're a cheap unit that's being focussed on, not something more valuable. Have you considered running a renegades list using Genestealer cult rules? I figure the odd heretic astartes or daemon could be well presented by Patriarchs, and the bigger more mutated fellows?

Once again, must say how much I like these fellows, the guns are a much better scale than the humongous Cadian lasgun.

The plan is to use the models with Imperial Guard (Valhallan) rules, the Forgeworld Renagade rules and/or the Genestealer Cult rules.  PLUS... I can use most of the guys as Chaos cultists.  So, model wise, its great.  I am planning several converted vehicles to make it look like repurposed stuff and keep that rag tag look.  I already have some Astartes sized officers for these guys....  But yeah, no lack of options, especially since when I do play its for fun, so "counts as" are always welcomed.

As for the spawn sized guys, I'll probably be converting many into Ogryn substitues (plus I have actual Ogres)  So many great conversion options. One of the reasons I chose this route. The whole army is just great fun for me.

As for the guns, they are from Victoria Miniatures and I'm probably going to replace all the lasguns with them. I just love the asthetic... plus the whole AK47 feel.

Augustus, here's the Vox Creep. He got a few tweeks in paint and such to keep up with te whole of the army. I have a couple more in progress.... more on them later.

voxcreep1.jpg

Also got these two knuckleheads done that were hanging around the desk....

mutants.jpg

Now, on to the Great Unclean One thingy.  Here's what's coming out of its gut.....

GUObelly1.jpg

AND... I roughed in the body shape with Milliput. Greenstuff will go over this to fill it out and detail it.

undersculpt01.jpg

More stuff to come soon.....

Edited by rednekkboss

I love that GUO-thing. This better not be one of those Charlotte type projects of yours that looks fantastic, get stuffed on a shelf, and then I have to remind you incessantly for two years to finish it. :wink: Please continue!! :smile.:

Yeah, I hope to finish this one in Months instead of years. Weeks would be be better, but even I know real life will mess that up. The plan, since it will take numerous sculpting sessions , is to try to do a bit of sculpting on it every night or as close that as possible, with work etc. I just go extra green stuff,so I should have enough to finish it.Also have some cool "plaguebearers" in the works, more on that later. :)

I love that GUO-thing. This better not be one of those Charlotte type projects of yours that looks fantastic, get stuffed on a shelf, and then I have to remind you incessantly for two years to finish it. :wink: Please continue!! :smile.:

Yeah, I hope to finish this one in Months instead of years. Weeks would be be better, but even I know real life will mess that up. The plan, since it will take numerous sculpting sessions , is to try to do a bit of sculpting on it every night or as close that as possible, with work etc. I just go extra green stuff,so I should have enough to finish it.Also have some cool "plaguebearers" in the works, more on that later. :smile.:

Well, if Auggie and the rest of us keep reminding you to finish it, it shouldn't be months ;)

Seriously though. That... thing already looks really, really good.

Gedarus: Remind away!! The problem I have with big projects is a short attention span and "project fatigue"... usually because I'll get a crazy idea or see something shiny.  With the Genestealer Cult Codex and the next expansion of my PC addiction - Civilization 6 coming out. I'll need all the help I can to stay on track . :)

This forum and the community have done great things to keep me doing my hobby.  B&C, plus forcing myself to paint did wonders for me recovering form my little stroke years ago. Love my B&C friends. :)

OK, Augustus..... sculpting right along.  Its going to be in layers, because I have a terrible habit of ruining stuff with an errant finger or something if I do too much at one sitting. But, its taking shape.... a shape I'm liking a lot.

First the front. 

GUObelly2.jpg

And from the side... as it stands so far.... 

GUObelly3.jpg

Not to do any shameless plugging, but I've got a bit of an origin idea there, for anyone who wants to see it.  Working on a bunch of background for my whole army/armies and the Warzone they are in. Just tidying it up and getting an opinion from someone who knows almost nothing about the 40k universe first, before I "publish" it, but I'll keep y'all posted. Hope to do some more sculpting tomorrow night. If I can get 2-4 sessions in a week, that should be a good schedule. Much better than Ms. Charlotte's multi-year saga. :) This critter is going to be the "centerpiece" mini for 2-3 of my armies, so I'd like to get it done in a timely manner.... but , most importantly, I want to do it right. :)

Hey man the Traitor guard look awesome! I really like the style of the helmets to go along with the dank grossness. I think these are the most like how I was imagining the Chaos forces in the Gaunts Ghosts stories... The have a proper grimdark feel to them.

The GUO has come along too! Looks brill an I'm excited to see more details develope. I really like the stretch marks around the little legs and how the look like they have clawed their way out.

Epic work man.

Hey man the Traitor guard look awesome! I really like the style of the helmets to go along with the dank grossness. I think these are the most like how I was imagining the Chaos forces in the Gaunts Ghosts stories... The have a proper grimdark feel to them.

The GUO has come along too! Looks brill an I'm excited to see more details develope. I really like the stretch marks around the little legs and how the look like they have clawed their way out.

Epic work man.

Thanks, mate!

I'm having some fun with the Traitor guard. Had originally planned almost a company sized force, but when I do actually play I seldom need more than a platoon (3 squads), so some of those unbuilt guys might end up going a bit more "genestealery" in the long run.

As for the GUO, If you've ever seen "Starship Troopers" the brain bug in the movie and its probiscuous was a big inspiration for its lower half. I think the end product it going to be like 90% covered in greenstuff and its face might change a bit from where it stands as the creature evolves. Part of my original inspiration for the creature(or at least its fluff) is based somewhat on the Aboleth, a monster from D&D. Fitting demi-god like creature.... or at least in its own mind.

God that looks great. Yuor sculpting is amazing.

One small point of critique/feedback - the open belly seems to be a bit too 'square' if you ask me. Perhaps you could make the edges of the tear/wound a bit more rounded, like so?

Hidden Content

iXSBRZk.jpg

I'm getting all giddy with excitement for the Plaguebearers, but my attention is sorely (get it, eh, eh?) focussed on the GUO right now. 

Yeah, I caught that when I was editting the photos, already on it. Initially, I was trying to save some of the cool details on the model, but I've kind of thrown that idea out the window.  End result I'm hoping for is to put the viewer somewhere between keeping their dinner down and trying to figure out if its a birthing oriface or a pooping oriface. :smile.:

I just picked up the last models I need for the Plaguebearers tonight, plus got a TON of cool bits from a friend.

Edited by rednekkboss

"There they are boys!"  yelled Taskmaster Vorgris, lifting his rusted blade across the ruins of the old Cathedral of Saint Bubba. "They claim we believe in a false God! That the Lord of Ruin is only a servant of their God of Decay, when we know he serves a much older god. A pure god!"

"DOOooom! DOOooom!" the platoon yelled behind their masks and rebreathers. Vorgris felt a brief pang of disappointment. Not exactly the rousing cry.... more like a muffled grunt. But the growling of the tank engines nearby was threat enough as the enemy meat puppets ambled forward.

"FALL TO YOUR KNEES, NON BELIEVERS! AND EMBRACE DOOOOOOOM! OR DIE!!" He bellowed across the field.  A resounding thunder of heavy guns was the answer. He looked to their stoic commander, who failed to even flinch as his men grabbed cover. He may have been napping standing up.... he did that sometimes. Heavy shells crashed next to the Leman Russ Punisher affectionately names "Raspberry" by the men. He also wondered where 4th squad was.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTT!!!!!!!! 
Raspberry cut loose on a hoard of shambling walkers. The dust mingled with red and brown mist.  As it settled, a few bits of flesh twitched in the sand.

I played a game! And actually won!!!  Battle report is here ->  http://rednekkzmekshop.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-battle-at-saint-bubbas.html

BTLpunish.jpg

The last sight of a herd of Poxwalkers. (that's why its a bit blurry and crooked)

In the right spot,  a Leman Russ Punisher is a nasty, nasty beast. Managed to lose half my tanks and almost all of my infantry, but pulled off a victory point win of 8-5. Nurgle on Nurgle violence is NOT for the faint of heart.

Edited by rednekkboss

Well, I addressed a couple issues I was having with the Great Unclean One /Tervigon conversion (aka Martha)  The face and eyes have been bugging me, so one night while wandering about with insomnia.....

marthafacelift.jpg

I considered the single eye and goofed around with placement. I did the front right "leg" and addressed the "squareness" of the opening in the front.

martha2.jpg

This is "roughed in" so there will be more detailing.  I made too much greenstuff and it was getting harder to work with. As for the head.... I went full Aboleth on that.

martha3.jpg

She's much more like my original vision.  There's much detailing and some smoothing to do , but the form is roughed in and I'll let that cure for a day before I add to it.