Here's my version of a Fleshmower Drone.

mower1.jpg

Allow me to share with you, via the medium of a 'meme', my exact reaction to seeing this converted model:

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/4554157824/hB2E46FB5/

One of those conversions that looks so natural, so right, you have to wonder why the actual kit doesn't look like that; you've improved it 10 fold.

Also, Martha is shaping up to be an amazing piece; looking forward to seeing the finished model! :tu:

"Itchy..." "..the stuff of nightmares... "..unsettling"   That all means I'm doing a good job!!  Thanks y'all!  She's definitely a labor of "love" at this point. As I type this I'm actually waiting for some greenstuff to harden a bit and then I'm doing her left shoulder and the left side of her face.  Home stretch.... for the sculpting.  I had toyed with adding a figure to the base, but there isn't really room without making it cramped and "busy".  A nurgling or two could happen.  But I'll have another update before I call it a night in a few hours.  Plus work on the Fleshmower. So.... stay tuned.

So... your model is already showing up in my pintrest 40k searches... just thought you'd like to know lol!

Ha!  That might explain my sudden jump in Instagram followers too. Very cool for any artist to see their work getting around. I'm just glad people like it. Of course, now that puts a little pressure on me to deliver with the paintjob and base. Plus I keep getting asked about a sculpting tutorial (like there aren't plenty of better sculptors than me out there)- so I've begun scheming with my wife on how to do a video. Not sure when that will happen.

In other news..... I've been working on the whole Dryad-> Demon project that I wanted to go along with this and its not going as well as I'd like.  Great example of going from sketch to model and it not quite working out.  The bad part is I have 2 boxes of these things....  But here's where the test model is at.

Demonruin04.jpgDemonruin03.jpg

Its not that its all that bad, aside from my ability to sculpt tree fungus isn't as good as I'd like... but I was hoping for an easy conversion since I wanted to do 2 units of 28 "plaguebearers" like this.  I'm thinking of starting a new test model based on the plaguebearer models and working in the branches, tree fungus, forest demon thing.  Right now I'm thinking that the Dryad hoard will likely get worked into (in bits and pieces) the planned hoard of plague zombies....er, poxwalkers.

Then there's the Chaos Marine revision.  I have a HUGE amount of older chaos marines.  Most of which I had kind of slapped together (granted, my "slapping together" is a pretty decent build- I used to be a competition scale modeller, so I'm a bit retentive even on quick builds) But with the ongoing background compilation (more on that later too), I basically see the overall force as having 3 arms. One is "Death Guard"- though my own take. The other Khoney -again, you know I can't just do things out of the box... and finally a "Black Legion" force which would oversee the cults + other Traitor force which I call The Obsidian Legions.

I won't get into too many specifics (like I said- Fluff compilation forthcoming)  but the forces of DOOooom aren't your ordinary Chaos force. To be technical, they aren't really Chaos at all. Sure, for game purposes they are, but in my background they are - for lack of a better term- from an alternate universe/reality. Their overall goal is to emancipate humanity and see it "evolve", while pressing the restart button on the galaxy in the process.  While this can be sold as a nice concept and has been to cults who wait hundreds or thousands of years behind the seams, its still very much a "join us or die" situation. So...its Chaos, but not Chaos... maybe a goatee wearing Spock version of Chaos?  In game, the big decision for me is how to build the Legionaries.  I have settled on a Romanesque look.... but disturbing (of course) and I have my first Centurion.....

Centurion1.jpgCenturion2.jpg

A better shot of the Puppet Wars head....

Centurion4.jpg

The hard part now, rehabing the old marines and ....how much Chaos to not be Chaos?  I'm kind of thinking Conan/Death Dealer meet Roman Legionary meet corrupted undead/immortal carressed by Chaos. Also, I'd like to "thank" GW for this great mini....and making him basically the Chaos Primaris, so all my other guys look short. Instead of the whilly nilly, impulse "i'll build a couple units of these guys and I need all the options!" that my half finished Chaos army has been over the years, this one will be a bit more planned. Going to do around 30 marines total with these helmets.  There may be a bit more aftermarket parts before I'm done.

SO... lots going on. But Martha will be center stage for the near future. I have a rough plan for 60 days to finish her, though I won't compromise on quality. That would be fairly quick for me. :)

Wow, that extra daily hobby time really paid off. I go on holiday for a week and come back to THIS!!

Martha looks incredible. Absolutely incredible. I really cannot wait for you to put paint hon her. WOW! One teeny tiny thing though: give the tear ducts of her two biggest eyes one more bout of attention. They seem ever so slightly off to me.

The fleshmower looks cool and that Chaos Lord - oh yes...

PS what's your instagram name?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Wow, that extra daily hobby time really paid off. I go on holiday for a week and come back to THIS!!

Martha looks incredible. Absolutely incredible. I really cannot wait for you to put paint hon her. WOW! One teeny tiny thing though: give the tear ducts of her two biggest eyes one more bout of attention. They seem ever so slightly off to me.

The fleshmower looks cool and that Chaos Lord - oh yes...

PS what's your instagram name?

I'll look at her eyes. Got to do the base today and figure out how much/little extra details I want to put on it.

On Instagram.... jfshandrednekkboss 

Great Nurgle's Guts, that creature is amazing! Maybe it's just me but it looks like your green stuff skills have improves by leaps and bounds. The little details on that thing are great man, but now comes the hard part... painting it. Good luck with that one, hahaha.

As far as the "dryad" Plaguebearer... I actually really like it. Keep in mind that a lot of the details you're looking to achieve will probably be better represented when you paint it. I actually really think it looks cool armless right now, have you considered giving it only one and having the other either withered up and held to the chest or just missing completely? Maybe something of a stump. Really cool concept.

haha now the blood god can hunt you down on more than one platform !! 

Ha! hunt away! Art and other not-so-warhammer stuff on there too, but I do a lot of shots when I'm working on stuff that don't make it this far.

Great Nurgle's Guts, that creature is amazing! Maybe it's just me but it looks like your green stuff skills have improves by leaps and bounds. The little details on that thing are great man, but now comes the hard part... painting it. Good luck with that one, hahaha.

As far as the "dryad" Plaguebearer... I actually really like it. Keep in mind that a lot of the details you're looking to achieve will probably be better represented when you paint it. I actually really think it looks cool armless right now, have you considered giving it only one and having the other either withered up and held to the chest or just missing completely? Maybe something of a stump. Really cool concept.

I've got a couple ideas that came to me last night on how I might move forward. I'll let it ruminate while I work on painting Martha. The original idea/concept is a cursed woodland, where these things kind of crawl up out of the leaf litter. One of the issues with working on the models are the spindly legs. I might be cutting them off at the legs and having them come up out of the bases. Got a couple ideas on how to go about this... probably do some sketches (also something I tend to put on Instagram) Then I'm thinking about using the actual Plaguebearer models as the Poxbringers, like they are the ones controlling them.  Which will help when I get my hands on the guy riding the snail. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Augustus... I did some tweeking on the eyes. So here's basically what I came up with, though I did some more tiny tweeks after this photo.

Marthaeyes.jpg

And her base is pretty much ready for priming, which will happen later tonight.... finally. I wanted to do it @ Tuesday, but I had to do the eyes 3 times....

marthagut.jpgMaerthabase1.jpg

The little orbs will be mushroom like fungus. Alot of the goopy nasty stuff will come with the painting. That'll be a whole other adventure, but I'm hoping she'll be done by the end of the month. Not 3 years like Charlotte. Speaking of which..... I worked on her base (finally) while I was doing Martha's.

charlottebase01.jpg

Got some more gribblies and branches to add, plus maybe a grot or nurgling (or two)... and spiders... lots of spiders. Fiddled with the Obsidian Legion guys a bit too. With all these large sized Chaos Marines coming out now, these guys are going to develop a complex.  Pretty soon they'll be driving oversized Rhinos with lift kits.

legionsize.jpg

That new spider thing in the upcoming boxed set though..... I may need 3 or 6 of those.  OH the conversion ideas that come to mind.  Also been working on some reinforcements for the Traitor Guard/Chaos Genestealer Cult guys.  More on that soon.

Martha is DELIGHTFULLY horrible. I can't wait to see how she looks painted with those great big eyes, which will no doubt be sore, gooey and crusty. The Fleshmower drone is genius as well.