Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

yeah the deathshroud will be soon, my 1k army is priority though so theres 1 more termie & another tac squad to go.

im trying to put a bit of order to it all. (5 normal men, something cool etc etc)

Blindhamster pointed me in the direction of this thread. and I must say, I am not disappointed! Some very nice work here (And I salute you for the sculpting on your tabards, splendid). definitely a thread to keep an eye on :D   

glacial is clearly the way forwards... >.>

bit of an update.. did some work on the other side of kael.. basic shape of his cloak is done now (bar the right hand side) needs to be sanded smooth once its cured, but its getting there, much more defined than his old one and with more natural looking folds imho.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/104/3/9/8_by_typhion-d61r528.jpg

the grey stuff is sculpey just to sculpt onto & hold the position of the cloak whilst it cures, it doesnt dry outside of an oven so is ideal for this and can be removed afterwards.. hopefully if all has gone to plan the cloak will detatch from the model as well so i can do some sanding on the underside.. that may go wrong though..

i think the issue heathens is having is from my end.. most of my pics come up with thumbnails for me but that one doesnt...

so maybe these will make up for it

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/105/9/b/10_by_typhion-d61szdi.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/105/8/1/11_by_typhion-d61szj1.jpg

i dont have a tutorial for my tabards yet, but will be doing one before long (its roughly the same process i use for cloaks.)

still need to clean up a few bits and pieces on it, and sculpt the upper right hand side of the cloak but its coming along nicely (and detatched as planned)

haha of all the things you like.. its the stock champion backpack! :teehee: i need to drill the vent middle bit of it out, its been bugging me that its solid unlike the "regular" mk4 packs..

as I said in chat, he looks great, the cloak has been a massive success. 

one minor thing, I feel like maybe the mohawk goes a little too far down his forehead? might just be the angle though

Edited by Blindhamster

Holy :censored: .

Yeah, I can see that one, lol. Awesome job, man; he looks like a total badass. What is that grey stuff you're using to keep the cape in position while it hardens? And how do keep the greenstuff from sticking to it?

glad you like him (and can see the pics this time :p)

the grey stuff is super sculpey firm, its an overn bake clay so is ideal for this as it wont dry through exposure to the air..

it sticks "slightly" to the greenstuff - miliput mix whilst its still workable (mainly due to the moisture), but once its cured it comes away without trouble

once ive got the cape and knee sorted ill have a proper look at the mohawk and if it needs to be shaved down a bit.. i think you may be right though.

Kael is almost complete now, there are a few bits and dabs that need to be done (second clasp for the cloak, cleanup, swap out axe head) but he is getting to the point where anything more may detract from the model, i've really enjoyed sculpting him and am much much happier with how he's turned out than the original.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/106/a/e/12_by_typhion-d61xm6i.jpg

there will be a tutorial for cloaks and tabbards at some point, and he'll be painted as a self reward for doing the next tactical squad (expect them to be rushed so i can get to him >.>)

*edit* helps if you add the picture.. *edit*

Edited by Lorenzen