Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys! Some of you may be wondering why it's been so :censored: quiet around here of late, especially with the ETL in full swing! Well, I may or may not have done a bad thing...

gallery_47732_12190_298575.jpg

Obviously, his scheme may or may not be inspired by a certain traitor legion :tongue.: Basically, I caught the bug for MT since the new Start Collecting box was released (rather, I've had it for a while but this kind of kicked me into gear). Fluff wise, I'm going to be making a traitor Scion force used by my VIIIth . Like I said, this fella is just the test mini, but I'm hoping to make this into a full force here down the line! I'm quite looking forward to painting something slightly different than marines, so stay tuned! More to come and all C&C welcome! :smile.:

@Recon: Thanks man!

@Magnus: Thanks, don't worry the Contemptor is still in the works!!
@Pearson: Thanks dude!
@Augustus: Thanks man, yeah yeah yeah, he's coming! :tongue.:
@DarkVen: Thanks brotha!!

Well, having gotten that Scion out of my system for the time being, I might have decided to start painting some raptors...

gallery_47732_9950_206689.jpg

I haven't decided on the squad size yet for the 1,850 list, most likely either 7 or 10 man unit, depending on the rest of the list.

More to come as I get him painted! :smile.:

• 5 weeks later...

@Recon and Augustus: Thanks dudes! Definitely the flavor I'm going for in this thread; getting that Chaos feel without using the traditional kits! :smile.:

@Magnus: Thanks dude, I 100% agree, especially considering the current state of GW's regular chaos dude plastics as they don't particularly tickle my fancy :tongue.: You can definitely get a TON of mileage for your Chaos dudes out of just using the loyalist Tactical Squad kit with FW upgrades for your given legion.

@Maximvs: Thanks so much, man!

Hey guys! Really slow rolling the past couple of weeks since I've been out on vacation, but now I'm back in town getting some stuff painted! Got the raptor in progress currently, so more to come on that front, but in the meantime I found this phone app that puts cool filters on photos (it's called Prisma, and it was free so I gave it a shot). Anywho, I made this on there so I thought I'd share:

gallery_47732_9950_51849.jpeg

I'm kind of a sucker for filters on photos, especially when it comes to this hobby as it can create such a cool narrative/theme. Anyways, enough about that!

The raptor is coming along nicely, and I'm super excited to finish him up and build up the squad! I've been just loving the ol' Night Lords lately and I think I just needed to paint the Scion to get it out of my system :tongue.: Thanks for looking guys and more to come!

@KS: Thanks, man! I just took a look at the mobile app and it seems pretty cool! I especially liked some of the collage creators as I'm a sucker for making small collages for my finished squads, so I'll post one of my HQ collages below :smile.:

@Magnus: Hahaha thanks dude!

Anywho, one of the collages:

gallery_47732_9950_663980.png

The first raptor is coming along slowly (as does anything I paint :tongue.: ) but I'm hoping he gets done pretty soon! I really dig the FW raptor jump packs, they are perfect for the feel I want with my Night Lords. More to come guys!

• 2 weeks later...

@Augustus: Do it, man! They are pretty fun to play around with :smile.:

I need a small break from painting blue, so I'm just gonna leave this here:

gallery_47732_12303_110312.jpg

The start of my new project! Which may turn into an army, who knows! I never intended for my Night Lords to become my primary force but before I knew it those murderous sweeties stole my heart :tongue.: :wub.:

More to come on this front! :ph34r.:

Archived