Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

@Ludovic: Eh, I don't know if you noticed but there's quite a few unfinished squads in my threads :tongue.:

@Sockwithaticket: Thanks a lot, man! That's what I'm going for! :smile.:

First Claw, member six, ready for action (well, in a second; after he reloads):

gallery_47732_9950_469242.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_26272.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_616116.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_463111.jpg

So for some reason a lot of the color got washed out by my camera (I think the battery may be low, but I'm too lazy to wait to charge it :tongue.: ), especially the red on the eyes and shoulder pad, but rest assured it is just as well defined as the previous guys. I really like how his pose came out though, and the new reloading arm in the tactical squad is awesome and among the bits that add a lot of character to the mundane bolter dudes :smile.:

Only 2 more bolters before I get to do the sergeant and the plasma-armed marine! More to come guys! C&C welcome! :smile.:

I like that you seem to paint a single guy at a time, just like I do. :happy.:

Hahahaha yeah! I think it helps me avoid burnout since every guy has a little more love (:wub.: ) put into painting and modeling him :smile.:

Was going to do that with my Noise Marines. But, Call of Chaos demands more ;)

Keep doing what you're doing. Looks exceptional.

@Caprera: Haha! Honestly I'm not sure when, but I suspect I'll paint some more Alpha Legion at some point since they are my desired 30k army :smile.:

First Claw, member seven, is all assembled and (now) primed:

gallery_47732_9950_229587.jpg

I really dig the mk V "heresy" legs so I broke a pair of them out for this one. I actually did another dude before this guy but the primer completely owned him with the humidity. I'll see if there's anything worth harvesting later :furious:

More to come, guys! :smile.:

@Daemon2027: Yeah, the crack-like thing down the middle of the skull face-plate was my main concern too. Like you said, in person it looks much better!

@Kizzdougs: Thanks, man! 

He's being slowly worked on right now. More to come soon once I have time to get to him! :smile.:

Hey guys! So, unfortunately no updates today in terms of painting because I just got home! However, there will be some updates done tomorrow!

The only reason I am stopping in is to say that I finally purchased some mk II marines from Forgeworld (along with some more Night Lord shoulders and heads :tongue.: )! So, after I finish this guy off (the current fella), I'm gonna be moving onto Second Claw because I want to work some mk II legs and bits into the remainder of First Claw, but need to wait for the kit to arrive! Basically, this squad will remain unfinished for a couple weeks until the bits get here :wink: In the meantime, a couple guys will hopefully get done for the second squad (pretty ambitious considering my uber-slow painting :tongue.: ).

More to come! Much, much, much more to come :smile.:

Hey Recon! Honestly, I had been waiting ages for FW to release some Night Lords pads because I felt the GW ones had way too heavy of a Bat motif (same with the GW heads). I like the FW ones in general because they have great detail, but aren't too over the top! Personally, I dig the mk III because of the added edging and trim on the pauldrons; it seems to fit well for Chaos :smile.: Normally I'm a big fanboy of mk IV warplate, but the pads are a little too loyalist-looking for me :tongue.:

Got a little bit of progress on number 7:

gallery_47732_9950_501194.jpg

With what, if I may be so bold, I believe is potentially the best photography ever :tongue.: Yeah so sorry about that crappy picture, but I figured it was okay for a WIP. I'm hoping to finish him up tomorrow or at least by the next day; I've just been extremely busy the past couple weeks. More to come! :smile.:

Hey Marqol, thanks, man! There most definitely will be some special weapons coming up! There's going to be a plasma dude and a combi-plas on the sergeant (with an obligatory chainsword to make him a bit more dynamic :tongue.: ). I've just been leaving them for last, after I get through the bolter guys; only one more bolter guy after this one then on to them! :smile.:

Ah I see, the old get through the plain first and then dig into the chocolate? I end up doing the opposite and eating all the chocolate first. Have you got a size for this force in mind or just getting what ever interests you?

Right now I have a certain list in mind for an 1,750 40k army, ironically my Night Lords playing through the Space Marine 'dex because I want drop pods :tongue.: I'm aiming to make it translateable to the Chaos Marine codex, if they ever include drop pods in it or a supplement. I'm trying to build it up ion blocks though to the list is modular and can be played at other point levels fairly easily! 

Archived