Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today I worked on one of my 7 new Devastator Squads.

Building a company?

Today in the hobby, my Postman Pat CD arrived. Half an hour of brilliant music to keep me motivated for painting. I've also bought a Sherlock Holmes story-tape read by Christopher Lee, which promises to be entertaining.

Today I worked on one of my 7 new Devastator Squads.

:blink.:

That's gonna be a lot of firepower, for sure! :happy.:

EDIT:

Missed off half my post. Formatting hates me today.

I tried out my new Agrax Earthshade stuff on some white armour. Looks pretty nice, so hopefully when I get time to make use of it properly I can raise my paint game a bit more.:turned:

Edited by Ace Debonair

I spent most of yesterday researching 20mm WW2 figures, because I'm being suckered into Battlegroup Kursk/Chain of Command by some friends. And I thought it would be hard to explain 40K to women, now I'm trying to figure out how I would explain a collection of 20mm Nazis (my two buddies already have Finns and Russians, and a 4th will probably do the 'Mericans), lol.

But, thanks to no football, ladyfriend working, it being overcast, and the waves being blown out, I did manage to do some work on my 31mm Marines, and posted the second miniature in less than a week, lol.

Found out how long before FW's free postage offer runs out (Friday). Have tracking confirmation for an order I placed. I picked up some more superglue for the resin models I've been working with lately...

...and realised I had no clue what I was trying to do custom building my obliterator weapon arms for some DG termi torsos I have. I just randomly stuck some large spare weapon choices on each arm, shoved some modelling putty between some of them, and wrapped others in very poorly made tentacle arms. I'm hoping this will have given me a structure to work with before I fill in the gaps and blend them into a messy mass of arms :)

Edited by infyrana

Hmmm....Quote thingy seems to not like me....oh well!

@Zincite: Sherlock Holmes read by Christopher Lee? Painting or not, that sounds like awesomeness right there.

::sends ferret minions after copies of that::

@Zincite: Sherlock Holmes read by Christopher Lee? Painting or not, that sounds like awesomeness right there.

Aye. He's got a wonderful voice. Need to buy myself a Walkman from somewhere before I can listen to it, though!

*Swarmed by ferret minions*

Today in the hobby, I am currently watching an ebay auction like a hawk. It's a very good deal if I can get it (no, they aren't RTB01's :sad.: ) :happy.:

Today in the hobby, I am currently watching an ebay auction like a hawk. It's a very good deal if I can get it (no, they aren't RTB01's :sad.: ) :happy.:

....So am I.  And if I lose, I know who to come yell at....

http://memecrunch.com/meme/77R/i-m-watching-you/image.png

( :P )

Hopefully, we aren't looking at the same thing... :smile.:

*Eyes Heathens suspiciously*

:tongue.:

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! One Rhino, Twelve Marines and a Dread (not sure if all weapon options are included, but I still have most of the ones from my two other Dreads, so I'm not too fussed :happy.: ) are mine at less than half the retail price! Okay, I'll have to get the paint stripper out, but it'll be worth it :happy.: I've got next week to get them done (along with two other ebay wins).

The objective of having a Company of GW's most mocked Chapter ever is closer to completion! :laugh.:

Just seen two auctions for 10 RTB01 Marines (same vendor), so am watching them like a hawk now (ends Sunday, so will be watching the Superbowl and them at the same! :laugh.: )

Edited by Aquilanus

Today in the hobby I typed up a battle report, Witch Wars Episode V (WW V). I got to test drive the Vanguard Siege list in IA10. Quite a bit of fun.

Edited by Honda