Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I was -- again -- pleasantly surprised by the 8th Edition Rules peak. I don't think one update has made me cross in anyway yet. Wahoo.

TITH I rescind this statement. The marines 2.0 are rubbing me in all the wrong ways lol. Really a moot point however as I recoiled into the shadows of 30k at the sight of the centurion models years ago. Still excited to see this rule set in 30k :)

TiTH  got a notification my SWA book is waiting at the post office. :teehee:

Next I'll have to look for Artillery Dice when I get some more monies. 

You will enjoy it . Better than whats coming.

Cool!!!  I'm excited about it!  Been wanting to get into oldhammer and then this came along!

Once it's in hand I'll feel better about ignoring all GW changes moving forward and stick to my 'grumpy old mans' game.

TITH I cut off the sprue my Grey Knight Terminator Squad and Tartaros Terminator Squad.  Then I cleaned up a few pieces to prepare for the Hidden Hands of the Emperor event.

The second Land Raider may take a break until I get the parts organized and cleaned off.  My experience with the MkIIB suggests I could get the second LR completed reasonably quick.  Yet, it's the magnets that will be a small hiccup.

Is it crazy to consider buying both Overkill and Dark Vengeance boxes?  I mean, if I could sell off the stuff I don't want, I could get some serious cash back.  The trick will be finding buyers for the junk ...

Hey

What with the furnace, stacks and void shield bits I've managed to build a fairly plausible-looking industrial tower that stands a little less than three feet tall. You could easily make something bigger with multiple furnaces that looks fine. It has a nice retro vibe that's going to be even better with weathering.

Now to persuade the shop owner that we need another three (or more) sets of each...

TITH I spent about 6 hours painting on my White Scar on a scimitar for March of the Legions Unbound. And I've been painting him for a while now. Feels like I've been painting him for months. :( I am so awed by the frater who can churn out spectacular minis by the dozens.

TithI witnessed the deployment of a 6500 point game between tyranids and necrons...

Wow...

Also it looked like the nid players pod things were home made out of coconut shells and spray insulation foam..

TITH I found out that I was promoted three days ago (honestly didn't check my internal email, my current manager who I assume knew about is temporarily on a different shift for two weeks, and my cousin in HR didn't tell me) so now I'm figuring out what chunk of plastic I'm going to go get myself.

EDIT:  Probably should've mentioned that I'm thinking Dakkajet cause I re-read Deff Skawdron this week.

Edited by Phantomzero17

So... the other DITHI discovered one local shop is selling 7th edition codexes at a discount...

And another shop has several 5th edition codexes on their shelf full price as if they were relevant... (well they are to me but not to anybody else)

TITH I spent much more time than I planned to making (forging?) metal lightning claws for my Lufgt Huron conversion. It really is surprising how fast you can accidentally destroy the tiny metal blade you're working on with a Dremel, even on the lowest speed, and have to start over again... multiple times.