Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I finished my Dark Angels Veteran Scout Sergeant for a Shadow War team.  I need to get the squad done this week so I just did it to tabletop quality (I don't have enough time to do each model like a competition piece anyhow).

20170416 141813 1

20170416 141754 1

Not so much today but yesterday, I visited Warhammer World and picked up a Space marine Command Tank box. Enjoyed the dioramas (seriously impressive) and while I tried, could not find the assassin (and apparently one took 6 weeks to get found). It was a long drive to and fro (6 hour drive each way, from scotland to england).

Not so much today but yesterday, I visited Warhammer World and picked up a Space marine Command Tank box. Enjoyed the dioramas (seriously impressive) and while I tried, could not find the assassin (and apparently one took 6 weeks to get found). It was a long drive to and fro (6 hour drive each way, from Scotland to England).

What Assassin? Is it supposed to be in one of the dioramas? If its in the Ultra/Demon assault one then no wonder its hard to find.

Did you spot Josef Bugman though?

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Scion of Ferrus

YITH I spilled my pot of Leviathan purple wash and then spilled it again 30 seconds later. I've no purple wash left :(

Also had to cancel an Apoc game I've been organising for the past 3 months due to work. Has been sad days for my hobby recently.

So yesterday I watched a cartoon movie that will remain unnamed to avoid seizures and two specific lyrics in my favorite song in there caught my 40k mind.

Let them come, just let them try,

I'm not about to say goodbye!

I feel this sums up so many factions and scenes in the grim darkness of the far future it's not funny.

TITH i had a crack at the minigame from white dwarf.

aaaaand it was well worth the 3 bucks i paid for the flimsiest pack of cards i've ever encountered from a local cheapy shop.

as i was test playing it solo obviously the element of surprise doesn't really apply, so i added the following clause... the character that is the 'attacker' gets to place  their 'duel' card second. this means they can react to the first character's action.... a rather large advantage. makes being the 'attacker' a bit more worthwhile or noticeable.
however the 'follow-up actions' (especially if you don't know their effects) can add a bit of random to the end result.

well worth the effort and shows there's fun to be had all over the place. thanks GW.

p.s. the red pack was the sm sergeant and the blue pack was the chaos champion.

p.p.s. i played two subsequent games and the chaos champion won both. one by a substantial amount and the other was a turn-around, i.e. was down lives but then the follow-up switched things over.
am considering adding some house rules to make different powered characters, i.e. start with lowest 7 cards then add on 2 for dual wield, 2 for power weapon etc.
there's no incentive to take plebian users except if you have say 3 characters per side and can only distribute 6 'bonuses' between them.
would make for an inquisitor entourage vs chaos cultist boss fight shoot out.
but probably i'm over thinking it.
Edited by paulJam

Tith:  

Power outage - so I got take extended work break,  cleaned some mold lines off of scouts outside in the sunshine.

LNith:

Fell asleep listening to Honour to the Dead.   Had dreams that I was still living in Atlanta and when the sound of the Warhound's Mega Bolter was going off I dreamt it was a home invasion! 

Tith I purchased some new tools:

The new Citadel hand saw

The new Citadel knife

A replacement for my detail cutters. Had this pair since the new ones first came out a few years ago; quite trusty. I guess the spring mechanism inside finally broke. As useless as a broken arm now!

Some Thin Plastic Glue. First time I've had to buy glue in a long time; guess I've been busy! (now if I could only get them onto the table top...)

I also picked up some prometheum pipes, as my wife liked the rusty paint job that was in White Dwarf. Any time my wife says something nice about a GW thing I jump on it, hoping one day she'll join me. Oh well. One day.

Hi

Played 3k team game, opposition was two 1500 chaos marine lists, I was 1k Ynnari, with two 1k Tau forces.

Enemy had loads of T5 Nurgle marines, some berzerkers, a  knight and kaitan.

They Seized and won, basically, although it was 12-16 on points in the end, so not shameful (especially against some nasty foes).

Edited by Brother Sefiel

Tith:  

Had dreams that I was still living in Atlanta and when the sound of the Warhound's Mega Bolter was going off I dreamt it was a home invasion!

From what I know, a Warhound Titan is walking the highways of Atlanta, tearing up the highways ...

Today in the hobby I finished my seventh ever painted mini, and of course it's from an army with no place on the B&C, because fate hates me. 

The community should have the opportunity to look upon Eustace and despair! Make it your profile pic. :D

From what I know, a Warhound Titan is walking the highways of Atlanta, tearing up the highways ...

No Doubt!   Someone just needs to get a hold of the Magos in charge of the Transpatorium

some pretty crazy conspiracy theories  going on

I'm  surprised no on had died yet.

TITH I bought Tamiya flat coat spray on the hope it doesn't suck.  It was total impulse buy so I'm keeping the receipt.  I know it's screwed that I buy something then do research on it.  But the thought of brush painting a flat coat over a Land Raider is utterly not appealing.  Besides, I have an inkling people like Tamiya products.  It being a few bucks under the cost of a P3 black base coat can at about 1/4 the volume must mean something like "you get what you pay for".  Right?

Or am I going to have to go back to the store to return it?

Research will tell.

I feel silly admitting this ...

TITH I bought Tamiya flat coat spray on the hope it doesn't suck.  It was total impulse buy so I'm keeping the receipt.  I know it's screwed that I buy something then do research on it.  But the thought of brush painting a flat coat over a Land Raider is utterly not appealing.  Besides, I have an inkling people like Tamiya products.  It being a few bucks under the cost of a P3 black base coat can at about 1/4 the volume must mean something like "you get what you pay for".  Right?

Or am I going to have to go back to the store to return it?

Research will tell.

I feel silly admitting this ...

Men who have done nothing wrong have never tried adhering to the emperor's words (or something new...not sure which).

For me, continuing work my new land raider (see my previous post which kind) before it gets fielded for it's first battle. While likely to be unfinished during it's maiden battle I look forward to the first time I field an army and the only two infantry are two tech marines kept snuggly inside my land raiders !