Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

@ KotR - Space Marine.  The question is blasphemy.

Today I put more paint on my MkIIB.  I really can't afford an airbrush, but this model (if not all big models) prove their worth, I'm sure of it.  You can see pictures of these tanks all day and even look at them on a table, but when you hold one in your hands you can really appreciate how awesome this model is.  Even though is blocky and doesn't have a lot of detail.  It's still just awesome.  I'll post progress pics somewhere else ^_^

TITH I was unpleasantly surprised to find that my order from FW is being held at an off-licence for me to pick up. Really? Not a depot, not a post office, an offie? Thanks UPS. Still, looking forward to getting my hands on it, ordered a bunch of stuff for my planned Iron Warriors HH and some Custodes goodies like Sagittarum upgrades and one of the halberd-wielding Contemptors.

Today in the hobby I discovered this tribute to the Imperium using Sabaton's The Last Stand. Really raises my spirits.

@ KotR - Space Marine.  The question is blasphemy.

Doesn't help the krogan have a prey species eyesight and have to rely on shotguns to hit anything... Space marines will turn them into swiss cheese from like half a mile away.

Today in the hobby I continued the detail work on Roboute Guilliman, all the while softly crying that I had to paint an Ultramarine. Then I looked at his rules again and tried to figure a fluffy way of shoe-horning him into my Dark Angels so that I could win a game for once!

I learnt that when I look at a shelf and think to myself that looks strangely a lot more crooked than normal not to leave miniatures on my painting table directly under it. Imagine the April fools joke with the drop pod but with a shelf full of heavy books deep striking into your army.

Pretty sure I can fix most of the damage, just need to see where several bits flew off to and replace some swords and one guy lost his finger so he'll need a new hand.

Wrath of the Librarian I guess...

Lately in the hobby I've been looking for the maximus-pattern power packs I pruned from several of my Betrayal at Calth sprues and didn't find them even though I've found everything else from them. I hope I didn't throw it away because I thought I'd never use them, because I know I'm stupid enough to do just that.

On a lighter note, my next two World Eaters are now primed and ready to be painted... if I can get through the painting block I've had since Gathering Storm dropped.

TITH I probably seriously upset someone by winning a bidding war on the Captain from Shadow Force Solaq for the low, low price of £16. And that, people, is why you bid high first. :wink:

TITH I painted the dark hells out of my Land Raider. That's a lot of black, man. Decals then (gulp!) spray sealer and done ... maybe Friday this week?

TITH I got a message somewhere else asking if i would consider taking a commission job painting some Fists. Quite flattering, but I think it's going to be a no. If I can't get my own army fully painted, there's no way I trust myself to paint someone else's to a good enough standard.

TITH I got a message somewhere else asking if i would consider taking a commission job painting some Fists. Quite flattering, but I think it's going to be a no. If I can't get my own army fully painted, there's no way I trust myself to paint someone else's to a good enough standard.

Yeah, that's why I would never accept a commission job. Though the customer would have to have a pretty low standard to go after me to paint their models.

Last night in the hobby, I wondered what subtitles space marines of different chapters would have if they appeared in an interview or a reportage... but I didn't find anything beyond "Has heard all the jokes" for Rainbow Warriors and "not actually a furry" for Space Wolves.